PDA

View Full Version : Moon chakra

Freawaru
13th January 2006, 01:46 PM
Hi All,

does anyone know something about the "moon chakra"? It is located at the back where the spine enters the scull. I am interested in everything about it, as I have been told that it had activated during involuntary sleep fasting (due to child birth) some years ago. I do not feel anything special at that location in a physical sense but I get these flashes of dream memories sometimes when I relax or do something that does not need my full attention. I am very curious as to this phenomena as lately it is not restricted to dream memories any more but also other memories.

oath
13th January 2006, 08:55 PM
Hi All,

does anyone know something about the "moon chakra"? It is located at the back where the spine enters the scull. I am interested in everything about it, as I have been told that it had activated during involuntary sleep fasting (due to child birth) some years ago. I do not feel anything special at that location in a physical sense but I get these flashes of dream memories sometimes when I relax or do something that does not need my full attention. I am very curious as to this phenomena as lately it is not restricted to dream memories any more but also other memories.

Moon chakra eh? Huh, I thought that the moon correlated with the genital/sacral chakra?

Tom
13th January 2006, 11:53 PM
Kriya Yoga assigns planets to the chakras. The 6th chakra is assigned both the sun and moon, but I'm not sure which is the back and which is the front. You might want to look it up, because it is connected to the 6th chakra either way. One of the ideas introduced into Kriya Yoga was the microcosmic orbit meditation from Chi Kung. With all the main chakras connected to planets and signs of the Zodiac, the idea as Paramhansa Yogananda explains it is that each 30 second loop through the microcosmic orbit compresses a full year of natural evolution. There was a minimum time prescribed for the meditation in Kriya Yoga, and I think it is something like 20 minutes to get the full value of this time compression. That is different than the Chi Kung source of the meditation, which says that even a single time through the orbit has value.

Kalonek
14th January 2006, 07:33 AM
Moon chakra is indeed the back of the brow chakra (6th chakra) in many yogic traditions. Some say that it is the link between the lower and higher selves.

Freawaru
14th January 2006, 09:21 AM
Hi, thank you for your answers. I tried to look it up but nowhere I found flashes of memories (dream or otherwise) mentioned. It seems that the correct activation leads to intuitions not memories. Maybe it IS indeed the moon chakra responsible but it is not correctly "tuned" ??? I read that if this is the case one does not get intuitions but hallucinations and shizophrenia and stuff like this - but this is not so in my case, either. I know that the flashes are memories, they have this distinctive quality if you know what I mean.

What do you think?

When intuition strikes you via the moon chakra, how does it feel? I mean is it like you are normally awake, go on with whatever you do or think, but somehow on a second channel these intuitive flashes come without interfering in the first?

oath
14th January 2006, 10:28 AM
If I could describe it as anything, saying I understand what you are asking, I would have to say it feels satisfactory, nothing too special

14th January 2006, 12:57 PM
Hi, thank you for your answers. I tried to look it up but nowhere I found flashes of memories (dream or otherwise) mentioned. It seems that the correct activation leads to intuitions not memories. Maybe it IS indeed the moon chakra responsible but it is not correctly "tuned" ??? I read that if this is the case one does not get intuitions but hallucinations and shizophrenia and stuff like this - but this is not so in my case, either. I know that the flashes are memories, they have this distinctive quality if you know what I mean.

What do you think?

When intuition strikes you via the moon chakra, how does it feel? I mean is it like you are normally awake, go on with whatever you do or think, but somehow on a second channel these intuitive flashes come without interfering in the first?

Sounds like the rest of your chakras need to catch up in order for the intuition to work. You might need to get a chakra atunement/balancing from someone. This means that the rest of your chakras need to be closer to the level of the moon chakra than they are now before it can work.

bronwyn
14th January 2006, 10:46 PM
Frea,

It looks like it's gyrating back and forth pretty briskly, from front to back. Is it suppose to be doing that? I don't know. Maybe it needs to calm down a bit. It looks white, too....the aura of this area.

Just sharing what I saw.

Freawaru
15th January 2006, 02:05 PM
(((Bronwyn))) Thank you :-)

It looks like it's gyrating back and forth pretty briskly, from front to back. Is it suppose to be doing that?

No idea, never read something like that :-(.

Maybe it needs to calm down a bit.

Well, it had had almost five years now, lol. But it does not bother me. It can keep doing it if it wants. I am just curious and would like to understand what is going on.

It looks white, too....the aura of this area.

I still do not understand the color-thingy. It seems chakras can have several colors and change them from time to time... ah, so much to learn :-D

Freawaru
15th January 2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you, Spectral Dragon :-)

Sounds like the rest of your chakras need to catch up in order for the intuition to work.

You mean it is doing everything right and that would be how intuition feels (except that it is no memories reflecting but auras of other persons for example)???

You might need to get a chakra atunement/balancing from someone. This means that the rest of your chakras need to be closer to the level of the moon chakra than they are now before it can work.

I have had a Reiki initiation last June. It is supposed to include atunement (healing) and balancing. Though it was absolutely great in other respects it did not change this particular phenomena in the least.

I have started with NEW and I must say I really enjoy it. I had been doing hatha yoga some years ago, but the aspect I always liked best was this moving around one's awareness in the body :-D

I hope it might help, too, and if not, lol, I wouldn't say "no" to a simple increase of memory, either. ;-)

bronwyn
15th January 2006, 04:44 PM
Well, it had had almost five years now, lol. But it does not bother me. It can keep doing it if it wants. I am just curious and would like to understand what is going on.

Funnylol..."It can keep doing it if it wants."

Now we just have to find out if it WANTS to. :lol:

I've been reading in Wheels of Light by Rosalyn Bruyere that you can do something fun about this. At least it would be something fun that I would like to do. First, you need to get a crystal pendulum. LOL

Then, you just lay down and have someone hold this pendulum right above your moon chakra. Then, watch what happens to it!! LOL

You will be able to tell what is the movement of that chakra by what happens to the pendulum. Everything matters...the direction it turns, etc etc.

So, do you want to try something like that first?

BigTings
11th February 2006, 09:39 PM
freawaru I think you maybe special person because the moon chakra is a area not really talked much on and i have never raised energy there i dont intend to unless im certain its safe (dont wanna be hallucinating all the time) maybe your Higher Self is tryinig to tell you something? just my opinion anyway but i think you should look inside, take up meditation/yoga raising energy to your other chakras etc...

best of luck

Freawaru
18th February 2006, 02:47 PM
freawaru I think you maybe special person because the moon chakra is a area not really talked much on

Thank you :-)

and i have never raised energy there i dont intend to unless im certain its safe (dont wanna be hallucinating all the time)

Yeah, me, too. Would not have done it on purpose, you know. ;-)

But the good thing is I am aware of it when it happens and I recognize it for what it is - at least so far...

maybe your Higher Self is tryinig to tell you something?

Well, I think it could use a language I understand, could it not? Not being this cryptic and all.

i think you should look inside, take up meditation/yoga raising energy to your other chakras etc...

I am doing that already, but I do not want to move too fast again so I keep doing it in an irregular fashion.

Thank you, BigTings :-D

Aunt Clair
19th February 2006, 01:55 AM
Kriya Yoga assigns planets to the chakras. The 6th chakra is assigned both the sun and moon, but I'm not sure which is the back and which is the front. .
I still can't find much about a Moon Chakra but hermetically , the moon and female are on the back and to the left and beneath . The sun is male on the front , right and on top . And as Tom wrote, the moon chakra is part of Kriyan Yogic lore ;

There are two more chakras that manifest on a higher level: the Ajna (solar) chakra, and the Chandra (moon) chakra. The Solar chakra deals with fathers, the Moon with mothers. Both are symbolic of authoritarian figures. On an impersonal level, the Moon chakra relates to the home environment and things and events at the end of your earth incarnation. http://www.yogachicago.com/links.shtml

In yoga and astrology, however, we use a geocentric system, with the earth in the center, and the Sun and Moon are symbolically considered planets. Although there are 12 planets at the present time, for the last six or seven thousand years, only seven are visible to the naked eye.

We begin with the fastest-moving planet—Moon, the Moon day, which is the first day of creation in many cultures and subcultures. Creation sciences today, unfortunately, are called myths—except when they are in the Bible. Then it’s called science. I think these myths are symbolic psychology. But it begins on Monday and ends on Sunday.

So it begins with the Moon and correlates with the moon chakra, which is located at the medulla oblongata at the base of the skull. The Moon symbolically is your habitat, which some people say, in exoteric theology, is your home environment. Mystically it is your body, the place where you think you live and, therefore, respond, act, see and perceive. Esoterically it is your memory track and the lunar channel (the Ida, or feminine principle).

From the Moon, the energy drops down to Mars (the Mars chakra is located at the navel level of the spine). Mars is where you take action, and Mars rules the day after Monday, which is Tuesday. To get to Mars, we have moved from the Moon chakra down through Mercury (at the throat level) and Venus (at the heart level). http://www.yogachicago.com/jul05/kriyananda.shtml
http://forum.hypnosis.com/archive/index.php/t-217.html
http://www.ruthwhite-gildas.co.uk/news- ... hakras.htm (http://www.ruthwhite-gildas.co.uk/news-items/six-chakras.htm)

Freawaru
20th February 2006, 09:43 AM
Thank you, Aunt Clair, :-)

after I started this thread I found this site (while searching for something else):

http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/secondary.html

It has some info about the moon chakra...

A few days ago I had what might have been my first "chakra experience". I took a nap and when I woke I prolonged that in-between phase before waking. I am not sure but I suspect this might be some kind of light trance state. Anyway, I suddenly became aware of a flow, as if my body awarenss moves in a circle - but it was *outside* the physical boundaries. I have never felt something like that before. I was wake enough to think immediately of a chakra, but it did not fit any of the main one's location: it was a circular flow maybe one inch in front of me, with the center located half way between the heart and the throat chakra. The circulation was clockwise, when looked at my body from outside (counterclockwise from the inside perspective). I felt if for maybe half a minute, enough time for analysis.

I checked the location at that site and it would fit to the "Thymic" Chakra, another secondary chakra. It is also quite fitting to my recent intents to learn spiritual and mystic language on the one hand and to leave my own mind during dreams or OBEs on the other. My dreams have become more interesting since then, more flying around and stuff like that, but I don't recall anything that might indicate I actually left my own mind, neither lucid or non-lucid.

Is this "circular flow" how a chakra feels?

Aunt Clair
21st February 2006, 10:55 AM
Freewaru , yes that is a good site.It is a classic and has been up a fair few years now, ty for the link .I needed another "looksee" because I see new patterns there that I did not understand before .

Barbara Brennan writes about energy work especially in "Healing Hands" and Mantak Chia is a renowned Taoist Christian who writes about energy and Sacred Tantra and Qi Gong . When I first saw this site I was directed to it by Jackie Lindsay a local metaphysical author and teacher . Her site is here ;
http://www.gardenof-eden.com/
Jackie believed and taught in 1998 that the energy flow opens the front chakras 1-8 and then moves down the back to open the secondary chakras but she does not completely agree with Mantak Chia . She felt then, that the apertures on either side above the head were chakras and enumerated them as 8 and 9 .I think .

I disagree respectfully , Jackie is an amazing metaphysical teacher but these areas are not chakras . Not primary or secondary or minor ones either . They are openings or apertures which open and close to imbibe the energy body with light .

But I would like to point out her radical idea about negative chakras which she believes open up with choices that are not -love and lead us to fill the body with disease and anxiety . She feels before we can make real progress, we must close these negative chakras down . It makes sense to me but I have not found evidence confirming her work elsewhere in print or through metaphysical experience in alchemy circle either .

Her Negative Chakra chart is on this page of my site :http://au.msnusers.com/AuntClairsParlorSpiritualReadingRoom/spiritualdevlopment.msnw

Freawaru
26th February 2006, 12:07 PM
Thank you, Aunt Clair :-)