PDA

View Full Version : negating words ("not," "no," etc) may lack effectiveness

Seeuzin
16th April 2009, 05:36 PM
This is something simple and easily overlooked, but I think it's pretty important. I've noticed, when ordering a particular neg to leave me, that using words like "not" in front of an active verb doesn't seem to work as well as just using a more suitable word that doesn't need a "not." For instance, "I do not allow you to be in me" doesn't work as well as "I deny you the ability to be in me," and "You can not do me any harm" doesn't work as well as "I prohibit you from doing me any harm." I've thought about why, and it seems that words like deny and prohibit are ACTIVE words, they imply an action. Whereas just saying "I do not allow you to be in me" is almost like saying "I allow you to be in me," because as my therapist is fond of saying, the subconscious doesn't recognize a negation very well.

The word "deny" seems to work best for me so far; I say the affirmation and then I think something to the effect of, "lol DENIED"...(they hate being laughed at.)

My four affirmations I've been using lately are:

I deny you the ability to be in me.
I require you to leave.
I deny you the ability to reenter me.
I deny you the ability to do me any harm.

Of course, a simple, strongly worded "NO" does seem to work wonders at times...I think the problems may arise mostly when you put a negating word in front of an active word like in the examples I gave above, though.

I hope this helps someone.

ButterflyWoman
17th April 2009, 02:53 AM
Another good one is "forbid". Something like:

I cast you out and forbid your return.

I like the word "forbid", it's got a very strong vibration to it. :)