PDA

View Full Version : Someone asks for psychic bond

wolfy221
4th May 2009, 11:38 PM
Hi, I've got a question. One of my ex's, while we were still together, asked me to psychicly bond myself to her. I did, and she ended up breaking my heart later on in our relationship. I won't get into the details. Anyway, if anyone else asks me to make a bond without a reason other than it would make something better, should I do it or should I not?

Palehorse Redivivus
4th May 2009, 11:42 PM
Hi, I've got a question. One of my ex's, while we were still together, asked me to psychicly bond myself to her. I did, and she ended up breaking my heart later on in our relationship. I won't get into the details. Anyway, if anyone else asks me to make a bond without a reason other than it would make something better, should I do it or should I not?

I don't think I'd recommend "making a bond" in general. Psychic bonds are either there to begin with (likely from relationships that predated this lifetime) or form on their own over time. You don't really have to put special effort into forming them deliberately, and forming one with someone you may not actually have a natural, genuine affinity for, can prove very problematic.

wstein
5th May 2009, 02:04 AM
Making a psychic bond is like making a marriage bond. A bond links you together for better or worse. Its not always that easy to tell in advance whether or not its to your benefit. I would say be cautious and certainly do not do it with someone you don't know well AND trust well. That said, some partnerships can be very beneficial to both parties. Its a risk, you have to decide.

ButterflyWoman
5th May 2009, 06:05 AM
I would be extremely wary of anyone who actually asked for a bond like that. The reason I'd be wary is because it's absolutely true that psychic/emotional bonds form on their own, by mutual intent, belief, etc., and anyone who asks you to deliberately create one is either terribly ignorant of the nature of these kinds of connections or someone who knows a great deal and wants to draw you into something that's not necessarily for mutual benefit.

To me, it's like someone asking me to get a tattoo that says "I belong to [their name]". Not only is it unnecessary, it's very difficult to remove and it's damned painful.

wolfy221
6th May 2009, 02:23 AM
thanks for the advice. that really helps me figure things out. now i'm definately going to be more wary, especially since it's like a marriage proposal in a way. i'll be careful from now on.

beam
11th May 2009, 04:43 AM
what did you 2 do in order to "form the bond" with each other?

i think it's likely she just did it for novelty. :oops:

also, to answer that question, i would probably shy away from doing this sort of thing with someone.

wolfy221
11th May 2009, 09:26 PM
yeah, i think that she just asked for it for the novelty, and since we aren't together anymore, i think that she wouldn't mind me trying to break it so that neither i nor she has to deal with major repurcussions. (Of which i'm still trying to figure out.)

CFTraveler
11th May 2009, 11:33 PM
I think the intention of both of you wanting to break this bond goes a long way to releasing it. A bond is as easy to break as it is to form it, provided both of you agree.

Palehorse Redivivus
12th May 2009, 12:09 AM
yeah, i think that she just asked for it for the novelty, and since we aren't together anymore, i think that she wouldn't mind me trying to break it so that neither i nor she has to deal with major repurcussions. (Of which i'm still trying to figure out.)

The possible repercussions mostly have to do with picking up on the other person's "stuff." Sensing their moods and emotions, even thoughts in some cases. This wouldn't be such a problem if it's someone you're (energetically) compatible with, and you both are reasonably balanced. Bonus points if you're aware enough to be able to tell "mine" from "not mine." Even in the best of cases, having a strong connection with someone can have its difficulties.

Worst case scenario: both people are emotionally unbalanced, and their issues are setting each other off all the time (regardless of physical distance). Or one person has a tendency to lash out through their connections when upset in some way, which can cause various disturbances on your end. Or, think of someone you really clash personalities with, and picture having to be in their presence 24/7. It's also possible for people to launch attacks through these connections deliberately (which I know you wouldn't suspect this girl of, but just for info purposes). In that case, many times someone will repeatedly keep trying to reattach the connection, and it can be a lot harder to establish boundaries and keep someone from invading your space in this way after you've already given them explicit permission. The situation where they keep trying to reattach can also happen unconsciously on their part though, if they're obsessive or otherwise not "over it" for instance.

So, that's why I can really see no good reason that would justify forming a connection with someone deliberately, rather than letting them form on their own (and cutting them off when necessary). The ones that are compatible will form on their own, and as for the ones that aren't... you don't want that.

12th May 2009, 07:11 AM
In my experience, If it's meant to be, it'll come, why force a thing?

star
15th May 2009, 04:00 PM
The above post makes most sense to me, these things tend to form on their own anyway.

ButterflyWoman
16th May 2009, 01:40 AM
Hmm. I really am losing my ability to communicate. This is like the third thread where someone else said something I did and everyone commented on how what they wrote made sense and it seems like nobody understood what I wrote. It's happening in my everyday life, too, where I say stuff and people don't seem to understand what I've said. I have to repeat stuff constantly, and sometimes in several different words.

Is this a normal part of the process of detachment/awakening? The sudden inability to communicate effectively? Or is it that I've never been able to communicate and I was just unaware of the fact that I had to repeat myself all the time or that people read stuff I wrote and apparently didn't understand it?

I realise this might come across as some kind of "poor me" thing, but I'm actually finding it really freaky that for whatever reason, I write (and say!) things and people just don't connect. I used to be a really effective communicator in writing and speaking, but maybe I'm just losing .... my mind or something.... I mean, I think I'm making perfect sense but it seems I'm NOT.... WTH?

Palehorse Redivivus
16th May 2009, 02:00 AM
I used to be a really effective communicator in writing and speaking, but maybe I'm just losing .... my mind or something.... I mean, I think I'm making perfect sense but it seems I'm NOT.... WTH?

I've had two similar experiences with different causes...

1. The detached throat chakra I've talked about. Honestly I'm really starting to think that more is meant by the word "detachment" than people realize -- i.e. things like connections between chakras detaching, and self-aspects ("soul fragments" I think it's called in Shamanic tradition) detaching to go their own way, because their needs aren't being met by sticking around (or, the more commonly known cause, that there's been trauma). The problem is, whatever functions they were in charge of, go with them. I've had a LOT of this go on, and all these things caused me to be in a state of "detachment," which I took for being further along spiritually. I don't think that anymore -- IMO the purpose of "detachment" is to be able to look at what you want to release permanently, and bring back, from an objective position.

2. I used to have major difficulties communicating with and understanding the opposite sex -- very often women would hear something completely different than what I intended, and when I'd try to listen to them, large amounts of detail would get lost and the rest possibly misinterpreted. Of course the whole "Mars / Venus" thing is cliche, but as the problem got worse to the point of being uncanny, and was having an increasingly negative impacting my relationship, I looked into possible causes... and found my own masculine and feminine aspects very much at odds with and walled off from each other. Long story short I got them to make friends, understand and support each other, and it led to major changes and resolutions across the board. For trivia's sake: while going through this I got that this may have possibly been what went on in the Gnostic "Bridal Chamber" sacrament.

Anyway FWIW: my thought is "possible detachment of a throat chakra based aspect having to do with being heard and understood."

16th May 2009, 07:38 AM
...I am thrilled that I "make sense", Im usually overlooked. I was beginning to believe no one cared what I thunk :lol:

ButterflyWoman
16th May 2009, 09:26 AM
Gehenna, I want you to know that it's nothing at all to do with you. :) Feel free to make more sense than I do any time you want! ;)