PDA

View Full Version : Like an engine

Freawaru
17th January 2006, 02:33 PM
Hi all,

I have a question regarding vibrations. Not during meditation or trance but all day long.

About two years ago I noticed that when I am very low on sleep there are these vibrations in my body. Inside somehow. And quite unpleasant. I get the impression that I am shaking but my physical body is not.

The first times this happend I did not detect any vibrations after a few nights of good sleep any more. Still I wondered. I asked people but the only one to have experienced the same was my father. He had asked a doc about them when they first appeared but the doctor did not know what they were. According to my father they also disappered after good sleep.

But for some months now I can feel them the whole time. But they are not unpleasant when I am okay and not overtired. Quite the contrary. They feel like the vibrations of an engine. Imagine sitting in a car with the engine running. Last time I was on low sleep and ill I checked and I think what makes them unpleasant during these times is that they change amplitude and frequency.

When I concentrate my awareness on them I can also feel my heartbeat. This is also new but okay, I checked it and re-checked it and it IS the heartbeat. But what are the vibrations?

A few days ago I started with NEW and found out that when I move my awarenss through my body as described the vibrations seem to even reach outside my physical body. They are not localized in certain chakra places but inside and outside the whole body.

I read about experiencing vibrations at the chakras when going into trance states or OBE, but for me these vibrations are there the whole time. Are they the same kind of energy vibrations one experiences when going into trance?

What are they? Any idea? Has anyone experienced this, too?

CFTraveler
17th January 2006, 09:31 PM
I've never experienced the vibrations like that but I do get the heartbeat thing- I've gotten checked and it's not the actual heart- So I guess my heart chakra lets me know it's there every once in a while. What the vibes are I couldn't guess.

I must be tired 'cause I keep hitting 'submit' instead of 'preview' :roll:

Freawaru
20th January 2006, 01:41 PM
Thank you for your reply, CFT :-)

I will keep searching for answers, lol.

jalef
20th January 2006, 04:12 PM
I think its very likely to be an enrgy realated thing because energy work affects them but why you feel them all the time i cant say...

Freawaru
22nd January 2006, 09:14 AM
Thank you :-)

"Energy related" sounds much better than "first signs of Parkinson", lol. I had feared it was this at first, but it does not run in my family and my father, who shows the same symptoms for over thirty years when overtired, does not have it either.

Beekeeper
29th January 2006, 09:04 AM
When I started N.E.W I could feel mild vibrations daylong on some days. Didn't mind it.

Is your heart actually palpitating? If so, it could be from some medications (salbutamol/Ventolin for example) and even from too much coffee.

Quantitativefool
29th January 2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I have the heartbeat thing-where feel your actual heart, and have actually tested it to be true. Also, it sounds kinda like the vibrations might be from an imbalanced energy body, perhaps try starting with your root chakra and going up over maybe a month or so, it may help.
-Stu

Dsmoke
29th January 2006, 07:44 PM
This is a very interesting idea, guys. I have had some mysterious heart problems in the past, mostly with irregular heartbeats and palpitations, but doctors could never capture it on an EKG or by listening to my heart. They did tons of tests and my heart was just fine, but I still get these palpitations. I wonder if I'm actually feeling something with the heart *chakra* and not the actual heart. I have a lot of activity in other chakras, so I wouldn't be surprised if my heart chakra might be going wild every so often.

(For the record, I don't drink coffee and very little caffeine at all, no meds.)

workinprogress
30th January 2006, 01:01 PM
my personal experience is that the heart chakra has some really *interesting* sensations sometimes. I get the normal hum/buzzing there like in the other areas. But this one also gets some funky sensations that feels like my heart sometimes skips a beat, literally, or palpatations, or like my heart suddenly starts racing a mile a minute. I didn't know anything about chakras when these first began -- and then it was only the skipping a beat thing I would sense (so only the heart chakra). Physically I'm in great shape, I've never been on any type of medication, and my family history for any disease is practically spotless. So my chances of actually having heart issues is very small. But when you have no idea what's going on, the sensations can really freak you out a bit. :shock:

It wasn't until I started trying yoga and began researching middle eastern symbolism that I came to understand about the chakras. So whenever I get the palpatations or really fast heartbeat or anything, I simply will stop what I'm doing and check my pulse (finger on my throat area). I can strongly feel the heartbeat keeping a regular rhythm while I also feel this racing sensation, so I know its my chakra and not my heart. I've gotten used to it by now, so I don't check as often.

But the next time you get any sensations in the heart area, I would recommend just checking your pulse while its happening. Its something that anyone can do themselves and its easy to determine if its actually your heart or your chakra acting up.

Dsmoke
30th January 2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks very much for the tips, workinprogress. It just had never crossed my mind until now. Does it happen to you randomly? I wouldn't be as surprised if it happened during meditation or something, but it often happens when I'm not doing anything special.

workinprogress
30th January 2006, 06:22 PM
randomly? :lol: oh YEAH!!!!!

In fact that's what took me SO long to figure out what on earth was going on. I never felt them during meditation or energy work. During those times, it would be the usual humming, warmth, buzzing sensations with an occasional rhythmic pulsing feeling from the chakras.

No, this stuff always happened during daily activities. In fact all of my most bizarre energy sensations/experiences seem to happen when I'm not focusing on it. Sometimes I'm cleaning the house, sometimes I'm at the grocery store, anything really.

So yeah, this stuff tends to happen whenver it wants to -- at least for me. But I'm REALLY on an infant when it comes to energy work. So definately make sure its nothing physical first. But if everything there is fine, then this is probably what's happening.

Dsmoke
30th January 2006, 06:26 PM
Ok, you've made me feel so much better. All my tests are clean so I sort of pushed it to the back of my mind but couldn't help worry that the doctors somehow missed something. But what you describe is pretty much what happens to me. I wonder why this stuff happens randomly? I've had other chakras do the same thing, too, go nuts when I'm doing something like looking at shoes online.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread, Freawaru!

Freawaru
3rd February 2006, 03:55 PM
Hi All,

sorry for the delay in answering and thank you for discussing it. I always feel better when I hear someone else experiences this kind of stuff, too, lol.

I checked it (repeateably) and the slow steady beat IS the pulse not the heart chakra. The chakra seems to buzz and vibrate sometimes, too, but it feels differently, more fuzzy. The buzz sometimes spreads thought all the body, too, while the pulse is more local.

I am glad some of you experience this kind of energetical whatevers (the vibrations) randomly, too. If it only happend during energy work I would not have been so surprised.

I am no physician but I know that it is quiet normal for the heart to miss a step and such things. Most people are not aware of it but for some it comes as a surprise. If you have it let a doc check and if there is nothing wrong just ignore it. Stress seems to increase these pulse irregularities - especially the stress of thinking something is wrong with the heart ;-)

Has anyone tried to actually slow down or increase the pulse frequency on purpose? I have heard it is possible but I am only aware of my pulse recently and have not tried it, yet.

CFTraveler
3rd February 2006, 08:06 PM
When I am on the verge of the OBE I have tried to increase it but putting my attention to it only makes it diminish. Drat!