PDA

View Full Version : Need help with circular motions and my progress

Ragman
11th May 2009, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone!

I have been reading the NEW manual and this forum for the past few days and have just started energy work. This is my first post :mrgreen:
As far a progress goes, I have mainly been practicing Mobile Body Awareness and can easily focus awareness in my hands and a little in my feet.
It seems easier than when I started earlier this week.

No tingling or dramatic sensations yet though. It feels like the muscles in my fingers and toes are getting ready to be moved or be touched. If
I focus on a finger or toe and brush with awareness for a while it may twitch or have the urge to be moved. Also, my awarness seems
to go through my fingers not along the skin. Kind of like the sponging technique. I can feel it more that way. So when I brush it's through the
inside of my finger not along the skin.

My main problem is that I can't seem to pinpoint my awareness small enough to draw circles let alone draw them quick enough. I can trace a
circle around the palm of my hand really slowly but when it comes to my thumb joints I can't do it for penuts. It's like trying to draw a circle with a
blob of awareness larger than my thumb joint and when I try I can't even feel my awareness there.

Are there any other ways or tips I could try to pinpoint awareness like this or get some stimulation going. The best I can do is focus the awareness
from my whole thumb down into the joint so I can feel it more. It seems to work but as soon as I start to give it some motion it goes away.
Any help or thoughts about my progress would be nice :D

By the way when I was sleeping last night I traced awareness around my face and it was so easy. When I focused around my forehead for about 10
seconds It felt really heavy, like a headache was starting to form, so I stopped. When I went back to tracing my face my awareness kept shifting back
to my forehead over and over automatically so I stopped all awareness and went to sleep. It took a while to stop. Is this normal?

Thanks for reading!

CFTraveler
11th May 2009, 01:15 PM
There's a way, imagine you have really tiny ball bearings in your fingers and are moving them just like one of those puzzle maze thingies you use to move them through. BTW, don't worry if you don't feel it intensely, it's ok to do it a few times and then move on.

Ragman
15th May 2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the tip and sorry for not replying earlier. I haven’t had much time to practice much in the past few days but will keep practicing whenever I get time.
One thing I would like to ask about (maybe you have read something similar) is a feeling I have noticed in my legs. Explaining it is kind of tricky.

If I draw my awareness to my lower legs it feels like I have another pair of legs inside my physical ones, just floating there. It makes all my muscles in my lower leg feel a bit
weak when I focus on them. I can't really feel too much until I give them momentum. I imagine the feel of pushing these legs out with my physical ones. I slightly move my physical muscles
to start off the momentum. I don't move my legs though, I don't know if I am really using my physical muscles at all. What follows is a feeling that another pair of legs or force is moving outwards and then rocking back into my legs. It rocks back and forth perfectly and in sync, out of my legs and then back in, for as long as I choose to pay attention to it. It rocks wide and then slowly gets smaller and smaller. Like a swing. After I have moved them they keep rocking without me even thinking about it and I can really feeling something rocking in and out.

When this goes back into my legs I can really feel it and am able to give it even more momentum. When this feeling goes to far from my legs or I let go of the momentum I can't control it or feel it until it rocks back into my legs. I tried making this feeling go up into my legs by imagining I'm flying up and then falling so it shoots up my leg. It feels weird like my muscles are weak and they tense up and twitch.

When I was laying in bed I just focused on them and let them go wherever. It feels like my legs where floating in random directions. If i try and mimic walking it feels really retarded like I’m on a bicycle or something and can't control it for very long. I tried this with my hand and it feels like my fingers are curling inwards non-stop.

Is my mind playing tricks on me? :shock:
I havn't felt anything tingly or buzzing since I started NEW a few days ago. Only the feeling of my mucles like i'm trying way too hard.

Thanks for reading :D

CFTraveler
15th May 2009, 05:05 PM
Ha ha that is perfectly normal, although it doesn't sound like would be. When I first started working on my legs (which were my weak points) I used to dream I had four legs, because the feeling of separate energy legs (from my physical legs) was so strong- and even though I would get the same 'floaty legs' sensations you do, what 'fixed' this was to do more sponging on my legs. This eventually made me control my legs better and resolve some other problems I was having with my crazy legs.
One thing to do (if you wish to) is to do sponging on your legs, and then open your eyes, look at them, and with your eyes open and looking at them direct your energy sponge to the physical legs. Eventually they will integrate. Or keep doing what you're doing, and let them do what they want. Eventually you'll get control anyway.