PDA

View Full Version : Energy Work , Food , And The Physical Body

Fayt
17th January 2006, 06:16 PM
Does anyone here build muscle without much food? , what im saying is... is it possible to get what the body needs from mostly energy work and even gain weight/muscle? , and what are the known methods of doing so? , does anyone here do this?

Dragon's Daughter
17th January 2006, 07:36 PM
Ok, I'm going to try to answer this one... I would say No. Because the physical body needs physical food. That even if you can sustain life drawing energy to keep your body alive with minimal food, which for some is a spiritual goal - to build your body physically, you need physical food.

Don't get trapped into thinking that if you want a buff physical body that you're betraying a spiritual life and purpose. I'm a woman, I eat a lot to build muscle to look toned, slim, and trim but I am very spiritual - I have many times experienced the Kundalini rising. I know healing techniques, do spirit walks (shaman), and astral travel.

I once thought that I needed to be vegetarian but MY body needs actual food with meat. Including Red meat. What I try to do is keep my sweets intake to a minimum.

Of course this is what works for ME. Others may be able to say that there are other ways - I'm all for whatever works for others. I just don't want you to think because you're eating like the average person that you can't be a spiritual person, in whatever manner that path may take you. If you come into contact with your own guidance, it will lead you to change your diet as needed, if needed.

DD

Moogle_Assassin
17th January 2006, 07:45 PM
there is something called sun gazeing that is supposed to make it so that you don't need food. there is a guide on it in the Astral Society download section. you can also go to sungazeing.com

17th January 2006, 08:52 PM

29th March 2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.rawpaleodiet.org/sungazing/

http://www.sungazing.com

http://www.solarhealing.com/

Yes if you were to walk outside and jsut start staring at the sun for a few minutes you would have eye damage. But if you read about the practice of sungazing on these sites you may find there are many people who practice this form of cultivation and have some pretty interesting results. There is a man who has actually been able to get all his energy from the sun and no longer requires food. He is the only person I have read about who can do this and may I add he is an older man and is at the point in his life where most of us have stopped growing anyways. Perhaps this is how he can sustain himself? There IS scientific evdence to prove that this guy is for real and he is even touring around the world giving talks and lectures on what he has acomplished.

To me this just proves that we can do ANYTHING but of course we are bound by certain physical obstructions. I believe these can be broken and as a society we are moving towards breaking these more and more as we evolve. Everything form healing to levitation is possible so from there where can we go? :p

29th March 2006, 06:52 PM
definitely check out the sites listed.
just began sun gazing myself (day three). :) so definitely not an expert on the subject. do your research & use common sense, but no. I don't believe you need food. plants are physical and they get they nutrients from sun light and water. i know, i know....we aren't plants! :roll:

we definitely don't need as much food as we think we do, thats for sure. most people eat like they're training for a triathlon.

Tom
29th March 2006, 07:39 PM
http://breatharian.info/

It is something I think about from time to time. Sungazing is just one of many ways and it is not practical for me at this time. Going outside and standing on a dirt surface (grass is to be avoided as well as paved surfaces) during the limited times of the day when the UV index is 0 and the sun is either rising or setting ... :) It is inconvenient for me. My schedule is too random. If you do not have a convenient patch of dirt or if you stay inside and sungaze through glass, you can get some limited benefit and it just takes longer to reach the point of not having to eat. Fortunately, the pdf at the bottom of the page at that site I listed has several options other than sungazing.

enoch
29th March 2006, 10:23 PM
lol...I've never passed 10 1/2 stone since I was 16. I would love to put on some!!!! I've tried eating lots of eggs but made myself sick...I even did the "body for life" program for a few months and did my back in. I'm a vegetarian so I don't think I'll ever put on the pounds... :x

30th March 2006, 01:13 AM
I was vegetarian and I have now begun eating meat again. I believe I will one day go vegetarian and I will perhaps do fasts once and awhile. But while I am finishing up my main stage of growth (later half of puberty which ends in early twenties for males) I am going to give my body what it needs to create all the right connections and stay healthy :)

I haven't read about anyone else being able to live on the sun alone except Hiran Mantek. I heard a story about an indian mystic who lived off the sun by gazing at it's reflection in water and I've heard of yogi's being able to sustain themselves with just prana.

Maybe one day :p...

Fayt
30th March 2006, 02:04 PM
lol...I've never passed 10 1/2 stone since I was 16. I would love to put on some!!!! I've tried eating lots of eggs but made myself sick...I even did the "body for life" program for a few months and did my back in. I'm a vegetarian so I don't think I'll ever put on the pounds... :x

Lol , im vegan and im gaining muscle weight , i can tell you from personal experience that being a vegetarian does not hinder ur gains , any diet can not help you gain weight if it does not have what your body needs to gain weight. That goes for the exercise program too.

Fayt

oath
30th March 2006, 02:26 PM
On the subject of Sun Gazeing:

Being an amateur astronomer, I know that staring at the sun can quickly cause blindness. Most people think that its okay to stare at sunrises and sunsets. They are mistaken, for most retinal injuries occur by staring at a pretty sunset to long. Also, early Nautical Navigators who used sextons to navigate by day using the sun, were all bind in one eye from its use. Usually clouding the pupil to a grayish white. So be sure you read up on the subject completely and cross-reference it with many who practice it before running outside and toasting your retinas. :shock:

I wonder since I used to look at the sun a lot when I was younger if that is why My vision became worse. I asked another person who has worse vision than me once if they ever stared at the sun and they said that they used to all the time when they were younger. (Im about 20/40 btw, wear contacts)

Fayt: as far as I can tell this is particularly hard to find the answer to your question. The most I have been able to decode is that there are many energies around us, most notably the "dots" (but am still exploring them so take this lightly please) and that these energies are mostly linked with emotion or chemicals going through the body which in turn affects the more physical flesh and bone. So would keep up the energy work, though there is limits to what you can do. For example, I am light/cant build big muscles and am better suited to being fast and flexible so work at it that way (which I actually prefer if was given a choice :) )

31st March 2006, 06:28 AM
There are many reports that Amma, "the hugging saint" requires an extremely small amount of food and even less sleep. As there are thousands of people around her pretty much 24/7, I don't discount these claims. But, then, she's a master, and most of the rest of us aren't.

I'm a carnivore and I loves my sugar (the overprocessed white stuff with no nutritional value). I'm healthy as a horse, but was extremely sick for two years. Never changed my diet, just changed my beliefs. I became healthy by 1) dropping the victim role, 2) believing I could change my own reality, and 3) doing a lot of emotional/spiritual work and healing on myself.

I'm one of the oldest people on this site (if not the oldest...anyone out there older than 52?) and just spent the last nine days climbing volcanoes (with one big toenail torn off, mind you), scuba diving below 100 feet with white tip reef sharks, and eating like a pig. Virgin Pina Coladas, yum, yum!! Don't ask me to race you, though, 'cause I'm lazy. :D

Life is here for us to experience and enjoy, if we can. What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander. You young'uns can body build, exercise till the cows come home, and eat your veggies. Fasting? You gotta be kidding! I'd faint and really get sick! Just make sure you enjoy your life choices instead of torturing yourself. "Where's the beef?"

EThere
24th April 2006, 03:01 PM
the body can actully supply its own energy needs and go completely without food, including water, in rare cases; and certainly not practicle to the layman.

a breatharian practices this discipline whereby they reduce their food intake to almost zero, in some cases no food at all, and feed off so called prana energy, chi, the ether, the breath (hense breatharian)....whatever you call it. the odd yogi is also reported to achieve the state.

we all generate energy from no-thing already, to a very small degree. it is measured that the body burns more fuel than it takes in, in the form of food. where does it come from?

i think one can eventually reach a state where energy can gets recycled back through you. the spiritual analogy isthat of reaching a self sufficient state (this is not narscism). we learn to shine/ generate like a sun. this is opposite to feeding, or having to rely on something for sustenance; parasite mentality. breatharians use a pertinant analogy that we always hunger, hunger, hunger after something. they focus on ending this need to always consume, rather generate.

its a very interesting topic and makes you think.

24th April 2006, 07:15 PM
EThere says:

we all generate energy from no-thing already, to a very small degree. it is measured that the body burns more fuel than it takes in, in the form of food. where does it come from?
:lol: Maybe in the UK, but not in the U.S. LOL! Have you noticed how many overweight people there are here? I think we hold the world record. If the body burned more fuel than the amount of calories taken in, then McDonald's wouldn't be forced by public opinion to offer healthier, lower calorie options on it's menu.

I have a question. Why do you (everybody) want to go without food? Is this because you think that doing so will make you more spiritual? Or is it that you can then boast about it, thereby making other people think you are more spiritual. I just don't get the point. It's a very natural thing to eat. If you've ever had a baby, that would be obvious. So, what's the point of expending so much energy on a practice that goes against nature? I prefer to eat what I enjoy, in moderation, trying to remember to get enough fruits and veggies in my diet and using a good amount of energy in trying to fill up my brain with something of value. What's with the torture techniques? I thought that went out with monks whipping themselves, but it looks like it's gaining popularity with the New Age crowd. I find I can eat, not worry a lot about it, and still I am able to expand my mind and accomplish amazing things.

The point I am trying to make here is....different strokes for different folks. If you are convinced you need to starve yourself to become more spiritual, then fine. Do whatever winds your clock. But, please, try not to make everyone else believe it's the only way to mind expansion.

The Venus Volta
25th April 2006, 04:46 AM
Painterhypnogirl wrote:

What's with the torture techniques? I thought that went out with monks whipping themselves, but it looks like it's gaining popularity with the New Age crowd.

seriously. i want my french fries. I'll fight for them.

about the breatharian thing, I've heard that people try this in 7-year cycles,.. first you give up red meat for 7 years, then you give up fowl for 7 years...it takes a long time to train the body down to a breatharian state... until you are finally at the last stage, eating only fruits and vegetables that grow above-ground (except: no nuts or seeds)... and then at that point is where you start to decrease the amount of the final-group foods toward breatharian stage.. with much wavering back & forth between the two until you are a full-breatharian. the food gets broken up into 7 groups, taking 7 years each for elimination.. so 49 years total. :shock:

Chris
25th April 2006, 07:32 AM

I'm vegetarian too, and weight lift, so it is possible to put weight/muscle mass on with this diet :). Until I was about 17 I was under 10 1/2 stone (6'2") and looked painfully thin. As much as I ate, I simply couldn't put weight on. This soon changed after I got a physical labour job in a warehouse (and the unhealthy breaksfasts eaten there :D ).

EThere
25th April 2006, 11:28 AM
painterhypnogirl, i am just stating the fact. i enjoy my food and fall for the odd greasy take away every so often. i think food also connects to that which you consume to a degree, such as to the animal and plant kingdom and earth. something like beatharianism is an extreme ascension method for a very few folk; the hunger eventually being replaced with a bellyfull of sustaining pranic energy so to speak.

but as far as i am conserned, chomp away. :lol:

RobBobMarley
5th May 2006, 09:29 PM
(i did not read most of the replies, specially page 2)

I'm sure it can be done, and maybe on the future applied to daily life.

It can be done as skill but it's not useful at all to replace food.

Besides energy work, spiritual development and all is supposed to enhance your daily life here in the physical world.

Fasting? if you want to do it a couple of days safely for energy supply sure, but doing it as a replacement or feat not an energy supply and body cleansing technique is a bad idea.

I suppose if you can eat anything with no worries and still fast when needed is the best option. need lots of energy for something? do fasting. need grounding? eat red meat. It's all dynamic, it depends on the situation.

Remember as it is above it is below. if you are up in the clouds make those clouds go down to the ground and make fog; if you are constrained to all things physical make a vehicle and go up to the clouds.
Never ignore the clouds, never ignore the ground, then the miracle of One thing comes.