PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down time

Neil Templar
25th May 2009, 12:50 PM
okay, so i didn't really slow down time,(what is time anyway? :wink: ) but my perception of it was that time had slowed down...

we've a lovely big park in Amsterdam, Vondelpark. on my days off work i spend alot of time riding my bike, for fun and fitness.
i've been riding around the park most days, and it's become almost like meditation.
i get to a point where thoughts stop, and there's nothing other than myself and the fluid movements of cycling.

the other day, i did a few laps of the park as fast as i could, in the highest gear, with some pumping music on my ipod...
then a track came on that was so deep and moody, i slowed right down, put the bike in the lowest gear, and cycled as slowly as i could.
my legs were moving really quickly, just like they had been before, but i was moving so slow. weaving across the road like a snake, the music took my mind to a place that was dark, smokey, cavernous...
it seemed like the world had continued to move along at it's regular pace, and i was outside, observing it all, but not involved in any way.. 8)

ButterflyWoman
25th May 2009, 03:07 PM
Time is relative, mate. You just proved it. ;)

darron
26th May 2009, 04:40 PM
thats awsome, i have moments like this, i somethmes sit and think of a date in the future and feel for my self to be there, and before i can even realize it i am,

Mishell
29th May 2009, 02:35 PM
I have an experience of time slowing down.

I remember looking at the clock and it said 14:12, then forgot about it. I checked one of my forums, got half way fininshed with a reply then changed my mind and deleted it. (Writing replies seem to take me forever, don't know why.) The baby started crying so I fixed him a bottle and we sat down on the couch. I looked over at the same clock and it said 14:12! I got the chills and just when I said to myself, it's been 14:12 for a long time it changed to 14:13. I was still weireded out when Oliver came home from work 4 hours later.

This clock was on the digital satelite reciever. We don't have to set it. It is right all the time.