PDA

View Full Version : incense offerings

watrinh
26th May 2009, 04:10 AM
I find that incenses have a strong magical effect when dealing with spirits that try to aggravate. What I do when I feel that I'm under serious trouble these days is I light an incense and give it to the entity that is attacking. I place the incense in my backyard. Many times, the attacking force immediately transfers itself onto the incense and disappears. It's almost like there's a magical law that if you offer an incense to an attacking spirit, it's not allowed to attack.

After observing and feeling the spirits who take the incense offering, it seems as though the spirits are taking a smoke bath on the incense. So the kind of comfort they get out of it is seemingly close to a human shower.

Ouroboros
26th May 2009, 04:47 AM
That's pretty interesting right there. I think the action of offering something to them may be a key part of their reaction, but that's just a guess.

One question I would have is if this might not accidentally form an unwanted relationship with the entities; as in, would they become "addicted" in a sense to the smoke offerings and hit you up more and more for smoke baths. Sort of like feeding a stray and having the stray recognize you as a source of food, and then start sticking around more often. I suppose you could test this if you could manage to identify the entities in some way and have a method of checking to see if you've got any repeat customers, but I wouldn't have the foggiest clue on how to accomplish that.

watrinh
26th May 2009, 04:00 PM
That's pretty interesting right there. I think the action of offering something to them may be a key part of their reaction, but that's just a guess.

One question I would have is if this might not accidentally form an unwanted relationship with the entities; as in, would they become "addicted" in a sense to the smoke offerings and hit you up more and more for smoke baths. Sort of like feeding a stray and having the stray recognize you as a source of food, and then start sticking around more often. I suppose you could test this if you could manage to identify the entities in some way and have a method of checking to see if you've got any repeat customers, but I wouldn't have the foggiest clue on how to accomplish that.

They pretty much don't come back after you give them an incense. It seems to be a rule that if a human offers a spirit something, they have to take the offering and leave.