PDA

View Full Version : Balancing your Third-Eye?

19th January 2006, 06:13 AM
How can I balance my third eye. Iv'e read about it and it seems that my third-eye is being opened and I want to know how I can give attention to it and use it to my benifit.

I feel a wierd feeling at the top of my skull all of the time, it doesnt hurt but its just there.

Also I heard it's yourself realizing spirituality.

CFTraveler
19th January 2006, 02:40 PM
My only advice is do grounding meditations.

19th January 2006, 03:52 PM
Ill try that, I actually am just starting to read a meditation book right now.

Quantitativefool
20th January 2006, 10:16 PM
Progressively run energy between each chakra and you'll eventually strengthen all of the chakras, including the third eye.
-Stu

Dsmoke
21st January 2006, 04:46 AM
I will echo Quantitativefool. My third eye used to go haywire because my other chakras were undeveloped. The best way to balance it and gain use of its full potential is to make sure your other chakras are just as developed, giving you a strong, even energy flow. Otherwise, it seems like all the energy bunches up at your third eye and it just hurts.

Beekeeper
21st January 2006, 07:07 AM
I've been experimenting. When one of the chakras higher up on my body seems excessively stimultated in comparison to the others and just concentrating on the others won't accomplish balance, I take it downwards a chakra at a time to where it's needed. Is this okay to do? It seems to help.

It's funny how just talking about them makes you notice the energy movement.

oath
21st January 2006, 07:53 AM
Yes, do meditation and lay your attention upon the ajna (third eye). Mantras work for me, they may for you as well. There is a good mantra I use and it is 'TH' as in how you say The. Are you familiar with mantras? they are to be stressed and drawn out words, so it would be like Ttttttthhhhhhh :) You should be also trying to feel the vibration echo through your ajna.

Good luck

Beekeeper
22nd January 2006, 03:35 AM
Thanks Oath,

Yes, I've had success with mantras.

I haven't tried th though but I'll add it to my ever-growing list of things to try. I'm just trying to finish M.A.P at the moment. :)

24th January 2006, 01:35 AM
I've been experimenting. When one of the chakras higher up on my body seems excessively stimultated in comparison to the others and just concentrating on the others won't accomplish balance, I take it downwards a chakra at a time to where it's needed. Is this okay to do? It seems to help.

It's funny how just talking about them makes you notice the energy movement.
It is said that the navel is the place to store energy...

Beekeeper
24th January 2006, 09:14 AM
Yes, I've done this too but it's often the root chakra that seems "quietest". Thanks.

Beekeeper
24th January 2006, 09:41 PM
Believe me when I say I have followed RB's advice very carefully on the matter of chakra development. Usually, no problems.

Sometimes, third eye and crown chakras get a bit dominant. Not painful but noticeable. That's when I move energy downwards.

Thanks for your concern though! :)