PDA

View Full Version : Tibetan Monks and Their Mandalas

ButterflyWoman
27th May 2009, 04:13 PM
http://cartophilia.com/blog/2009/05/tib ... dalas.html (http://cartophilia.com/blog/2009/05/tibetan-monks-and-mandalas.html)

Beautiful photographs, and a video.

Neil Templar
27th May 2009, 05:18 PM
amazing. 8)

CFTraveler
27th May 2009, 05:32 PM
Kewl. 8)

star
12th June 2009, 03:54 AM
Watch the backs of your eyelids during meditation. Move your eyes around. Realize where the Mandalas come from. :)

sleeper
15th June 2009, 05:05 PM
i've been putting a lot of thought into this, and it seems that many of the mandalas seem to come from somewhere inside my head, behind the eyes. i've been wondering about the mechanics of it.

when i'm in the right state, i see the mandalas with my eyes open. Also, even though the mandalas move when i move my eyes, the mandalas still form in the same relative position and they are offset from my eyes, not centered in my eye.

so i think perhaps that the mandalas are seen in the pineal gland, which is supposedly mostly water and probably forms geometric shapes in response to our mind/emotional/spiritual state and thoughts. I'm certain that it's vibrating water because of some experiments I did with frequency software, a 15" bass woofer and a half gallon of water and also oil.

I've been wondering perhaps that the pineal gland transfers the images vibrationally through water to some cilia somewhere which transfers the signal mechanically to the optic nerve which transfers the signal electronically to the visual cortex or something.

to be honest, i don't think the vision screens are seen on the visual cortex; because i can still dream and see mandalas simultaneously and separately and much differently. So sorry i'm rambling here, but another thing i'm thinkin' of (which seems more reasonable) is that the water vibrations strike the back of each eye, each at a different angle. Which is why we see the geometry as light. idk though, whaddya guys think?

CFTraveler
15th June 2009, 05:32 PM
so i think perhaps that the mandalas are seen in the pineal gland, which is supposedly mostly water and probably forms geometric shapes in response to our mind/emotional/spiritual state and thoughts. I'm certain that it's vibrating water because of some experiments I did with frequency software, a 15" bass woofer and a half gallon of water and also oil.
to be honest, i don't think the vision screens are seen on the visual cortex; because i can still dream and see mandalas simultaneously and separately and much differently. So sorry i'm rambling here, but another thing i'm thinkin' of (which seems more reasonable) is that the water vibrations strike the back of each eye, each at a different angle. Which is why we see the geometry as light. idk though, whaddya guys think? Makes sense, as I also sometimes see dream images and mandalas (screens) at the same time as you describe.
I'm curious about your experiment- was it external (such as the rice/subwoofer experiments on youtube), or experiential?

sleeper
15th June 2009, 06:48 PM
oh wow, those youtube vids are cool. i hadn't seen those yet so thanks for making me look them up. it makes me feel less original, but i'll tell ya what i did anhoo:

i used camp dry water repellent to waterproof a subwoofer, then poured water into it. I experimented with a few different liquids, including oils, but they never ever did the things that water does. most non-water liquids just slithered around a little (at most - usually they just wiggled like jello, or did nothing at all).

experimenting with frequency and volume and tone, i found that at a given frequency, water would make a fractal geometric matrix across the surface. small shapes formed around the perimeter where the water touched the speaker, and larger shapes formed at the center of the pool. this was basically the opposite of throwing a rock in a lake: the vibrations went towards the center of the speaker pool, not from the center.

at low frequency, the shapes were extremely large - pentagons, about the size of a tea saucer.

as i increased the volume, the geometric shapes would change and become more well defined. even louder, the shapes would rise upwards as if they were trying to form 3d shapes above the waterline. louder even, they shapes would "pop" and disintegrate. finally, much louder, something very interesting would happen.

I saw part of what I guess a kundalini spike must look like. Drops of water were being shot directly upwards, up to three feet. There was so much energy that the water was kind of exploding but it was not chaotic - it was very calm and symmetrical. no water blew outwards to the sides. All water went directly upwards.

I increased the frequency and the water surface flattened out again, forming smaller shapes, but still a fractal geometric matrix/latticework. So .... - obviously, at higher frequencies, water can harbor much more energy than at lower frequencies. in fact at higher frequencies it requires much more energy, or it won't make the geometries. it will just jiggle a little or lie still.

so i repeated the process: increase frequency, then volume. i saw each frequency to be like a chakra, and volume to be like the amount of energy each chakra could manage before sending it upward, to a higher chakra.

that's pretty much all i can add to the wealth of info i saw on youtube. you saw the geometries and stuff and probably much more than i have. i'm having a hard time concentrating so i can't write any more atm.

CFTraveler
15th June 2009, 08:52 PM
Awesome.
8)

sleeper
15th June 2009, 08:58 PM
Awesome.
8)

cmon, i know you have much more to say than that. or did you already say it in another thread and i missed it?

CFTraveler
15th June 2009, 09:33 PM
Actually, my hand hurts from the other post I made. That and banning spammers is keeping me busy.