PDA

View Full Version : migranes

darron
29th May 2009, 05:05 PM
i have a freind that is having migranes and they get really bad, but what happens is that he starts to see auras like in full detail any ideas.

CFTraveler
29th May 2009, 05:12 PM
Any ideas about what?
Someone who gets migraines with auras should see a doctor because there can be other underlying causes.
The most common are:
Something pushing on the optic nerve. From sinus, to glaucoma to tumors. I have sinus and glaucoma and have been getting them since I turned thirty.
They can also be hormonal- I had more migraines when I was pregnant than ever before. The good news is than when menopause finally arrives, I've been told they'll go away. I can't wait.
Some more info: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5067&p=38632&hilit=migraines#p38632 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5067&p=38632&hilit=migraines#p38632)

darron
30th May 2009, 01:35 AM
well im not sure if hes pregnant but he has had 3 cat scans and a couple of diffrent doctors and they don see anything wrong with him

ButterflyWoman
30th May 2009, 03:47 AM
My husband has been getting migraines pretty much all of his life. His father also gets them, and HIS mother got them, and I don't know how many generations it goes back. One of my kids (who is now nine) has been getting them since she was three or four. There's definitely a genetic factor in some cases.

My husband manages his migraines by making sure he gets enough sleep (and not just "enough"; he also needs to maintain a fairly regular sleep schedule), which takes care of it for him, but other people have other triggers, such as stress, food allergies, certain kinds of flashing lights, and probably other things I'm not aware of. For most people who get migraines, finding out what their personal migraine triggers are is extremely helpful, to say the least.

Basically, a doctor is going to first rule out all of the "obvious" causes (like a brain tumour), and after that it becomes a matter of finding if there are any identifiable triggers and working to avoid those. Migraines are usually something that you just have to learn to manage.

That's all on a material-temporal level, of course. On a spiritual/energetic level, there are various other possibilities, most commonly I would expect some sort of energy body blockage, but that's only a guess. Energy work might help, though it might take a long time to see results. I've been doing serious energy work for a couple of years now, and I'm still only just starting to find direct physical relief of certain problems and issues (though I've gotten relief for some other stuff, as well).