PDA

View Full Version : BWGen Installation Setup problem

truthseeker
19th January 2006, 08:17 PM
I just bought MAP yesterday and am now trying to install it the BWGen. When I click on "BrainWave Generator 3.1" the setup initialization starts but then the dialog box just sits there saying the setup is initializing and doesn't go further. I tried several times and one time let it sit for 20 minutes.

How long should it take before opening the installation wizard?

Is there anything I need to have installed before this can work?

Would love to get going on this! Thanks.

CFTraveler
19th January 2006, 08:20 PM
What kind of computer do you have and does it have autostart?

Dragon's Daughter
19th January 2006, 08:24 PM
I personally had problems installing from the website, wherever it's offered. I didn't have a problem with the disk. Wish I could help more.

truthseeker
19th January 2006, 10:23 PM
I am using Windows XP Professional Ver. 5.1 on a Dell 8200 Desktop.

I don't know what you mean by "autostart."

I have a couple of computer savvy users in this house but they are not home right now and I thought maybe folks on this forum might have a better idea about this installation.

Thanks!

CFTraveler
19th January 2006, 11:40 PM
Usually Windows 98 and XP have a feature called 'autorun' which runs any application when you put in a CD. (Autostart? What was I thinking?) :? Then it's just a matter of following the prompts.

truthseeker
20th January 2006, 12:03 AM
Rebooting works wonders! :D

Who knows why, everything else on the PC was working okay but I thought it couldn't hurt so I rebooted and lo and behold the setup ran and the installation wizard came up and then I was able to follow the directions.

Thanks for trying to help...I'll remember the autorun feature for the future!