PDA

View Full Version : Interesting little blurb...

Ouroboros
10th June 2009, 08:49 PM
Not sure about the veracity of the article, but supposedly France is set to admit aliens exist:

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7034/56/

CFTraveler
10th June 2009, 10:11 PM
Wasn't there something about Britain admitting the same thing? I'd like to think it's so, give us someone else to hate besides each other. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I guess I'm in one of those moods.

Neil Templar
10th June 2009, 10:13 PM
hmmm... let's hope they do it.

Timotheus
10th June 2009, 10:29 PM
:D

Ouroboros
10th June 2009, 11:52 PM
Wasn't there something about Britain admitting the same thing? I'd like to think it's so, give us someone else to hate besides each other. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I guess I'm in one of those moods.

I understand completely.

Beekeeper
11th June 2009, 10:47 AM
I've seen statements on various sites that governments are gradually getting their respective populaces more and more comfortable with the idea as we come closer to disclosure. Admittedly after encountering this idea I have noticed more items in the mainstream media on the topic.

Neil Templar
11th June 2009, 01:22 PM
Wasn't there something about Britain admitting the same thing?

i'm sure they already made a bunch of files available to the public. they just didn't make that information very public. :roll:
i believe Nick Pope was the first to get his nose in there. i wouldn't be surprised if he brings out a book before long.

Neil Templar
11th June 2009, 01:33 PM
I've seen statements on various sites that governments are gradually getting their respective populaces more and more comfortable with the idea as we come closer to disclosure. Admittedly after encountering this idea I have noticed more items in the mainstream media on the topic.

for sure.
it goes back as far as Close Encounters and E.T. then the x-files got us used to the idea that things are going on and being covered up. there's more than just the "alien" thing on tv.. Ghost Whisperer - a show about a young woman who facilitates dead people's move to the "other side"...
then you've got the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, "what? no? the church is corrupt? they've been lying to us for a very long time? and these Illuminati fellows? behind everything?"

when the truth of all this stuff comes out, we're all conveniently informed enough to not freak out and start a worldwide revolution.
at least that's what they're hoping for. :wink:

JohnA
12th June 2009, 01:20 AM
Hopefully, the release will be significant. But, I wonder if the US media will just downplay it as usual. It kind of reminds me of the Cometa report where high ranking members of the French military publically admitted that the 'extraterrestial explanation' for unexplained UFO cases was their conclusion. (Just imagine if that happened in the US.)

Gotta love the internet. If you're curious, you can find the Cometa report right here: http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/Cometa.htm

JohnA
12th June 2009, 03:01 AM
One more thing. Interesting video with observations from Jacques Vallee related to the Cometa report and related issues. He's one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdXlzDiL6k

Blaze
12th June 2009, 06:24 AM
Paris has chosen follow the lead of maverick UFO nation Brazil and resist US pressure to continue delaying disclosure until America feels it is ready for the event.

What has Brazil done to be called maverick?

Hopefully, the release will be significant. But, I wonder if the US media will just downplay it as usual.

I won't believe the statement will happen until it does. If it does, the US media will downplay it, if they report it at all.

Beekeeper
12th June 2009, 09:55 AM
There's something so terribly conservative and unimaginative about mainstream reporters. Every time I've seen UFO reports or interviews with mediums (media?) it seems that the reporters feel compelled to smirk, take an ironic tone and guide our response to do likewise. Don't any of them ever look at the internet?

One more thing. Interesting video with observations from Jacques Vallee related to the Cometa report and related issues. He's one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdXlzDiL6k

Good link! I can see why you like him.

CFTraveler
12th June 2009, 02:52 PM
I think most reporters operate on their image- if their image isn't a certain way, they won't be taken seriously, and if they're not, they'll never be a Barbara Walters or a Hugh Downs, etc. So they want to appear to most as if they don't believe in what they are reporting, just in case someone important is watching. And the easiest way to not be confused with someone who 'believes', is to make fun of what they are reporting. Unfortunately (because of their shallow nature) they don't realize that certain newscasters got to where they are because they would never ridicule or humiliate anyone for their beliefs or experiences. So they'll always be where they are. A kind of cosmic karma, if you ask me.

Blaze
12th June 2009, 05:19 PM
There's something so terribly conservative and unimaginative about mainstream reporters. Every time I've seen UFO reports or interviews with mediums (media?) it seems that the reporters feel compelled to smirk, take an ironic tone and guide our response to do likewise. Don't any of them ever look at the internet?
I'm sure some of them would be more open-minded off the record, but these days you pretty much have to take that stance to be taken seriously by anything or anyone mainstream. Once you get labelled as a 'believer' of anything generally ridiculed, it's quite hard to lose that image.

Mishell
13th June 2009, 06:57 AM
it goes back as far as Close Encounters and E.T. then the x-files got us used to the idea that things are going on and being covered up. there's more than just the "alien" thing on tv.. Ghost Whisperer - a show about a young woman who facilitates dead people's move to the "other side"...
then you've got the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, "what? no? the church is corrupt? they've been lying to us for a very long time? and these Illuminati fellows? behind everything?"

It is certainly more in the mainstream. This morning I was on the Apple website watching movie trailers. 4 movies in a row, the first was about a psychic, 2nd - reincarnation, 3rd - a man who writes about spirituality, and 4th - about a lady who communicates with angels. And only one was a horror movie. :wink:

I think the general public is getting more used to these "fringe" topics being normal.

JohnA
23rd June 2009, 02:45 PM
If you're still interested: "UFO disclosure: What went wrong in France?"

http://www.allnewsweb.com/page6936937.php

CFTraveler
23rd June 2009, 06:43 PM
Very interesting.