PDA

View Full Version : how simple can I make it?

Olivertwisted
14th June 2009, 01:33 AM
I'm going to start doing NEW again. I was doing bikram yoga before that, sinking before that, tai-chi before that, and new before that. With lots of other stuff thrown in here and there. I'm been practicing energy type stuff for 5 years. I'll probably do NEW until I finish college and then do ba gua for the rest of my life. Well, maybe not probably but that's what I want right this second.

I was wondering how simple I can make the chakra work and still get benefits. I was thinking of moving energy back and forth through each of the chakras from front to back for a set amount of time. I don't know how I'll work with the perineum and crown though. Should I just move it up and down? I have to work at the chi level anyway because my body awareness sucks so hard. Does anyone have success with uncreative practice sessions like this? Robert Bruce seems to recommend doing a lot of different body awareness actions but that is just so not my style.

The only other thing I'll do is move energy up and down my body for a while before I start my chakra work to get warmed up. Then I'll probably sink chi after I finish with the crown so I can be a koala.

I don't want to be creative! Do I have to?

CFTraveler
14th June 2009, 02:17 AM
If you want to keep things simple, do the full-body circuit (as in energy raising). It's simple, effective, and works all the chakras without actually having to be conscious of them. You can be creative when you feel led to be- whenever that is.

Beekeeper
14th June 2009, 10:21 AM
A koala? :lol:

Olivertwisted
14th June 2009, 05:45 PM
I really like this circuit. I could only do it about 20 minutes before I started getting diminishing returns though. Maybe last night was rough or something. I don't remember it so it probably was.

My only problem with it is I feel like it will imbalance me. I come from a background of Chinese medicine study (I may want to become an acupuncturist someday.) so I'm worried moving the energy of the meridians backwards will have less than harmonious effects. Does this worry anyone else? I feel the bladder and stomach ones not being quite right. Maybe I'm just playing tricks on myself though. Well, it didn't mess me up noticeably this time so I guess I'll keep it up. Maybe I'll develop a non-abrasive circuit naturally if I give it time. Does anyone elses circuits feel not quite right?

p.s. Sorry if I lied, I'm going to read your posts now though.

Tom
14th June 2009, 08:40 PM
Running the energy backward through meridians is good for clearing them of blockages.