PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing what...

Neil Templar
17th June 2009, 12:55 AM
can bring on moments of remembering.

this afternoon i was riding my bike home, when the vibrations from the tires were at such a frequency that it brought back in a moment, a whole onslaught(tho not unpleasant) of memories from a number of years of my childhood.

i remembered the feel of riding my pre-BMX off road bicycle(quite a few years ago... :( ) of doing skids, wheelies, making jumps from dirt in the local wasteground. turning the mud-flaps inside out so they'd make a rasping engine sound when i cycled.
it was a whole cross-section of about 4 or 5 years of my childhood, delivered in one moment, in a collection of memories associated with riding my bike.
totally cool experience, unexpected and unlooked for.
it was like i got to live those moments again. really moved me.
cool. 8)

thought i should share. :D

Timotheus
18th June 2009, 08:03 AM
:D

Neil Templar
18th June 2009, 01:08 PM
hey Tim.
i said "tho not un-pleasant" i guess because i used the word onslaught. it isn't a very positive feeling word IMO.

and the unhappy face wasn't really that unhappy. more of a wistful look back at being a child with no cares, seems like such a long time ago. don't worry tho, the child in me is still very much alive and having fun with bicycles every day. i love living in Amsterdam! :D 8)