PDA

View Full Version : Has a dream steered you in the wrong direction?

Beekeeper
22nd June 2009, 11:59 AM
We often share our precognitive dreams on these forums and we seem to assume that dreams cannot be wrong. When the prediction fails, we possibly blame our interpretations.

I'm curious to know, have you had an experience where the dream's prediction was just incorrect? If so, were your subsequent actions based on your perception of how things would go only to find that you'd been misled?

CFTraveler
22nd June 2009, 04:24 PM
I for one have never assumed dreams can't be wrong. especially disaster dreams. I do however think they show what my subconscious is thinking about. That's why every time I get what turns out to be a precog dream I just look back and wonder. Luckily, my dreams never ask me to do anything irrational or risky.

Palehorse Redivivus
22nd June 2009, 05:59 PM
I've had dreams *try* to lead me in a bad direction. The other night Gehenna had a dream where I was attacked, and both of us had dreams following that where our lives were disrupted and taken in a pretty nasty direction. I woke up with damage to the part of myself she had dreamed about, and both of us were a bit uneasy about the remaining content since the first part had already come true.

Long story short I healed the damage, and we both did work to get rid of any implanted patterning and core image type stuff set to manifest the negative direction, as well as deliberately steering our course back to our preferred future full of blessings and fun surprises, and putting energy into what we DO want.

And that's pretty much my take on dreams like this -- yeah, if we were to put too much energy into them, they might manifest. But I don't view dreams, even good ones, as "predictive" per se... to me positive and negative dreams are both just a chance to reinforce my own intent, and reaffirm my chosen direction with my own navigation system. I don't worry so much about whether dream content is or is not going to happen, or what direction it would steer me in if I fed it -- I simply take the opportunity to redefine what *I* want to have happen. Although that said, I think more "normal" dreams can also tell you things about the road you're currently traveling, and if you don't like what they're telling you, you have time to "change lanes" before things hit the physical. I'm also open to the possibility of literal precog, "forseeing of event" type dreams, though I don't have any experience with that myself.

star
23rd June 2009, 02:20 AM
I've had dreams *try* to lead me in a bad direction. The other night Gehenna had a dream where I was attacked, and both of us had dreams following that where our lives were disrupted and taken in a pretty nasty direction. I woke up with damage to the part of myself she had dreamed about, and both of us were a bit uneasy about the remaining content since the first part had already come true.

Long story short I healed the damage, and we both did work to get rid of any implanted patterning and core image type stuff set to manifest the negative direction, as well as deliberately steering our course back to our preferred future full of blessings and fun surprises, and putting energy into what we DO want.

And that's pretty much my take on dreams like this -- yeah, if we were to put too much energy into them, they might manifest. But I don't view dreams, even good ones, as "predictive" per se... to me positive and negative dreams are both just a chance to reinforce my own intent, and reaffirm my chosen direction with my own navigation system. I don't worry so much about whether dream content is or is not going to happen, or what direction it would steer me in if I fed it -- I simply take the opportunity to redefine what *I* want to have happen. Although that said, I think more "normal" dreams can also tell you things about the road you're currently traveling, and if you don't like what they're telling you, you have time to "change lanes" before things hit the physical. I'm also open to the possibility of literal precog, "forseeing of event" type dreams, though I don't have any experience with that myself.

I just had a dream where I was a female vampire, help me manifest it, now. *pouts*

Palehorse Redivivus
23rd June 2009, 02:24 AM
Alrighty.

*poof*

You suck. :D

*rimshot*

Beekeeper
23rd June 2009, 02:52 AM
Has anyone had a dream that seemed to augur success only to find it wasn't so?

wstein
23rd June 2009, 04:08 AM
All prophecy can be wrong. Its based on the current flow of things. These flows can be changed by intent or action. Its the most probable outcome if you will (assuming nothing unexpected changes).

Also, most are only able to see where the flow will lead without any magical acts. Being able to see the future that includes magical acts is much harder.

This is not to be confused with seeing the future. If you see the future, then it becomes part of your past and will come to be. A caveat here, the past can be changed too so it still might not happen but is vastly more likely.

Another thing that can happen is that what looks like prophecy is actually channeling. In those cases the prediction is only as good as where its being channeled from.

I use prophecy in a completely different way. I use it to alert me of possibilities. Sometimes I detect outcomes that I don't anticipate through normal thinking or even intuition. I seldom place any stock in prophecy telling me which outcome is actually going to happen. I am not subject to prophecy and I know it.

ButterflyWoman
23rd June 2009, 06:55 AM
My precog dreams aren't really like that. They're highly symbolic, for one thing, so there's an interpretation element that can throw a spanner in the works.

My earliest precog dreams were ones where I'd dream of being in some place, and then, at some point, I'd go the place, having never been there before. I still have those dreams on occasion, but it's rare now. What do they mean? Not much, really, other than giving me that deja vu feeling in a big way.

Neil Templar
23rd June 2009, 04:47 PM
slightly off topic, but this morning i dreamed of using my bank card to pay for something. in my mind, i knew my account was empty. (in real-life - it's the end of my salary month, and payday is supposed to be tomorrow)
so i was thinking, "just try it, see what happens."
i used the card and the payment went thru no problems.
so today i was looking for something inexpensive to eat. i had 5 euro in my wallet. then i saw the bank machine, thought about the dream, then went over.
sure enough, i've been paid a day early, so i had some yummy noodles and veggies from my fav chinese place near work. :D

Beekeeper
24th June 2009, 10:59 AM
So cool when you can use your dream precognition in a practical way, Neil.

Still curious. Anyone ever ignored a precognitive dream and wondered what if?

Neil Templar
24th June 2009, 11:32 AM
my problem is i don't know it's precognitive (most of the time) until that very moment, like yesterday.
i'm sure there must be plenty of times when you're distracted by something that's going on, and miss that moment where guidance reminds you of the dream, and the opportunity to take advantage of it.

Beekeeper
24th June 2009, 11:59 AM
In a dream about 20 years ago a very distinct voice told me to "Buy Lotto." Every so often I wonder what would have happened if I had.

A few years before that I dreamt I won a charity quest. The next day in a shopping mall I was approached to enter a charity quest. I actually put my name down as an expression of interest because of the dream but then didn't follow through because I just wasn't inclined. I'd been groomed about 6 years earlier (I was about 14) to enter such a quest by my theatre group because it wanted to raise its profile. Even then I felt it wasn't something I wanted to do, despite enjoying raising money for charity by collecting door to door. By then I was no longer in the drama group.

Then, about a decade later, my younger cousin (who the family would nickname "little Donna" when we were together, despite her being at least 6 inches taller than me :lol: ) won a charity quest. It made me wonder if some dharma could be fulfilled within families. I don't at all wonder about if I would have succeeded as a charity princess. It just wasn't me.

ButterflyWoman
24th June 2009, 12:55 PM
i don't know it's precognitive (most of the time) until that very moment
Yes, exactly. I've had lots and lots of dreams that later proved to be completely true (if symbolic), but until the event or situation happens, it's hard to even guess which ones are going to be precog and which ones are just "guidance/message" type dreams.

Fish
24th June 2009, 04:37 PM
I had a dream I was holding a lottery tix and was looking at it to check the numbers and I won! The numbers were 1111. So I played them the next day and guess what?

I lost :lol:

CFTraveler
24th June 2009, 05:39 PM
I'd just say "You're number One!!!!"
:mrgreen:

Xanth
24th June 2009, 06:53 PM
I had a dream I was holding a lottery tix and was looking at it to check the numbers and I won! The numbers were 1111. So I played them the next day and guess what?

It's funny you mention 1111... perhaps I'm grasping here, but do a google search for "11:11 2012". ;)

Beekeeper
25th June 2009, 10:40 AM
1111 could be a rebus for "Won, won, won, won!" It may have been a comment on an aspect/aspects of your life at the time.

Fish
25th June 2009, 07:37 PM

It's funny you mention 1111... perhaps I'm grasping here, but do a google search for "11:11 2012". ;)

1111 could be a rebus for "Won, won, won, won!" It may have been a comment on an aspect/aspects of your life at the time.

yeah but past-tense I wasn't counting on! lol

Beekeeper
26th June 2009, 11:04 AM
Well knowing you didn't win is really reassuring because I didn't even buy a ticket! :lol: Glad I didn't bother.

lightningbug
5th July 2009, 10:48 PM
We often share our precognitive dreams on these forums and we seem to assume that dreams cannot be wrong. When the prediction fails, we possibly blame our interpretations.

I'm curious to know, have you had an experience where the dream's prediction was just incorrect? If so, were your subsequent actions based on your perception of how things would go only to find that you'd been misled?

about a month I had a dream that told more or less told me to work as a veterinary receptionist. the next day I was super excited when I found an opening!

well, I wasn't hired :mrgreen: I'm the ever-optimist though and hoping my dream prediction wasn't just a dream, and that it will eventually, and hopefully very soon come true

otherwise in all honesty, that was my first pseudo precognitive dream, so I don't have much else to say :|

Beekeeper
21st July 2009, 10:11 AM
Well, I hope you get what you want too.

Fogged
2nd February 2010, 10:32 AM
I have never taken dreams seriously as predictions of the future. Maybe that was a mistake on my part; maybe it was not...considering the fact that I did dream true dreams many time. But I have taken dreams to contain information or messages important for day to day living.

Beekeeper
2nd February 2010, 11:02 AM
And perhaps we are processing much information in those dreams that is subconsciously guiding our decision making.

Korpo
2nd February 2010, 05:58 PM
I think lottery wins and so on aren't predictions - it's just too perfect a symbol...

I think I had one predictive dream, but it was a little too symbolic to take it serious.

Oliver

Alaskans
3rd February 2010, 10:21 AM
I treat dreams like cheap horoscope readings or voices in my head. If it is good advice, or reveals something good or bad I didnt know about, then I listen intently, and act on it. But yeah, I've had both dreams and voices try to lead me astray, rarely now, but quite often some years ago. Not long ago I was upset at my lack in progress, remembering how I was in the past. I then had a dream a weasle stole a large sum of money from people for me. 'You are now equal if not surpassing your former glory' he said. For me money in a dream means energy, lifeforce, spiritual currency. I was so ferverently against what the weasle did in the dream that the idea that I took part in it upset me so much I had something of a breakdown. Luckily I dont recall ever having a bad experience in my life; I dont care about the past or future now. The point is if we arent in the right mind, then things can come and mess with our dreams. It can be jiberish from external stimuli, neg causing mischief, or an animal "helping", all of wich could lead you astray if you take it too seriously. 'Course if your beyond the reach of those things then its pretty much all psychic and subconcious paydirt.