PDA

View Full Version : altering birth chart

Olivertwisted
23rd June 2009, 04:15 AM
Is it possible to alter your birth chart? I think I heard it's possible to switch yours with someone elses. Sounds like some high level ♥♥♥♥e, eh? I'd probably need to find a really good magician...

I want to be a scorpio sun. Maybe an earth moon... virgo probably. Scorpio or aries rising... That would be nice. Venus and mars in cancer so I don't feel the need to fight arbitrary battles... I don't mind mine now, I just want some frickin water so I can feel like human. This air is starting to bore me. I like my fire though... Maybe an aries moon.

Maybe taurus moon would be the best. Then all you have to do is eat, sleep, and bully people into committing horrible atrocities. Only that last one if you pretend to like minority report though. It will give you a good excuse.

You watery people have no idea how much it sucks being devoid of it. We can't even feel jealous of you.

Tom
23rd June 2009, 06:05 AM
There is something called a progressed chart. For every year, you draw your chart as if only one day had passed. Astro.com draws charts with the natal chart on the inside of the circle and the progressed chart on the outside. Although I was born an aquarius, my progressed sun is most of the way through pisces and in a couple of years I am going to effectively be an aries sun. The progressed moon moves a bit faster.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/TomSKinney/astro_25gw_01_tom_kinney_2009623_hp.gif

Beekeeper
23rd June 2009, 10:05 AM
It's my understanding that we choose the time of our birth in order to incarnate with very specific potentials to experience pre-ordained events but we are still free to choose our behaviours and that we can mitigate any of the implications of our birth chart through our choices.

The gift of Air is flexibility, and their ability to experience life through many prisms. They're often excellent communicators, storytellers, interpreters and journalists. They link people together socially, and often have a curiousity that keeps them out and about.

http://astrology.about.com/od/foundations/p/AirElement.htm

Trust me, jealousy is not a great feeling.

Palehorse Redivivus
23rd June 2009, 03:46 PM
Is it possible to alter your birth chart? I think I heard it's possible to switch yours with someone elses. Sounds like some high level ♥♥♥♥e, eh? I'd probably need to find a really good magician...

It's possible, and not even all that difficult, though my approach was more to dispense with the whole birth chart entirely.

My impression is astrology is a construct, though a deeply rooted one that we take on when we incarnate. It serves as one of the mechanisms keeping this reality structured and organized, and as part of the basic "template" for one's personality. This template is found in the subconscious mind, and seems to have a lot of influence whether one believes in it or not.

In my case, I began to realize that while my personality had a lot of obvious ties to my astrology, not all of the traits involved served me well. I additionally started feeling that this structure was too limiting; I wasn't a fan of the idea of any part of myself being bound to a "chart"; I didn't feel that it allowed for the versatility, mobility and working connection with my Higher Self, who was clearly not bound by any such construct, that I was shooting for. And yet, when I tried to change any of the parts of myself indicated by my astrology, I hit a lot of resistance and difficulty. It got to the point where I felt that being one way was more in line with who I am and what I want, but the tendency to act out along the lines indicated by my astrology was almost overwhelmingly compulsive.

So I did what I usually do in such situations, and blew up the construct.

I felt like this put me in a much better position to express myself as I please. After a lifetime of living within the construct I was still familiar with the associated traits, and thus could bring them out as needed, but it felt a lot more natural just being me, rather than being someone with my birth chart, if that makes any sense.

Olivertwisted
24th June 2009, 05:49 AM
Do you find that your persona conforms to your higher self? Why do you even want to find your higher self? It makes personalities really boring, I promise. I don't want to live in mine until I'm old and dying.

I have a feeling all of these so called 'spiritual' yearnings need to be seen for what they really are. If you transform your soul enough you'll get to the point where you don't care about finding your higher self but it will find you anyway. (On second thought that's probably not how it works. But it might be.) That's not what I did though, I just got lucky for a few hours. Drugs were not involved. Or maybe you have to access your higher self to find out how your soul needs to look. Is it possible to be guided by your higher self without becoming it? I can't... Or maybe I can and just don't want to risk the faith.

For all you people who are aware of your center: Does the persona eventually conform to it totally? That's the sense I got but I didn't have it long enough to play.

Jealousy is the bomb. At least the kind I feel. It's not strong enough to really tear at me though. Just a little stimulation, it feels nice. I think the angry spiteful part of my jealousy is the part I like though. Maybe water isn't my bag after all.

ButterflyWoman
24th June 2009, 06:06 AM
Why do you even want to find your higher self? It makes personalities really boring, I promise.
I haven't found that to be the case. The trick is balance between the absolute and the relative.

For all you people who are aware of your center: Does the persona eventually conform to it totally?
It becomes a blending. It takes some time to find a balance, but you get to where you can move fluidly between states of awareness. It's not unlike having multi-focal lenses, where you have to learn to look though this bit to see far away and that bit to see up close, and it takes you a while to get used to it. Once you do, though, it's fine. (I wear bifocals, that's how I came to that metaphor ;))

I'm still in the "balancing" stage, for what it's worth. And I'm pretty sure I'm not boring. *pours some custard on her head and does a hula dance in a mu-mu*

Palehorse Redivivus
24th June 2009, 06:16 AM
Do you find that your persona conforms to your higher self? Why do you even want to find your higher self? It makes personalities really boring, I promise. I don't want to live in mine until I'm old and dying.

I would say that my persona doesn't "conform" to anything other than what it is, and what it is happens to be a microcosm of my HS. The more conditioning, limitations, restrictions and etc. that I figure out how to drop, the more I feel like my natural genuine self, and the more the self that I'm becoming is shown to have in common with my HS.

To be honest I started out wanting to find him because it served as a sort of compass for navigating myself out of the mess I woke up in the middle of. My second motivation was that I've integrated so many parts of myself, that integrating this self with the more expansive self it's part of only seems natural. Thirdly, I felt a very strong drive to have this be my last lifetime, and that integration has come to represent the exit.

"Boring" has not been my experience, heh. If anything I'd say that the personalities of HS's and other beings at that frame of reference are even more dynamic and diverse than ours, because they don't share the practical limitations, inhibitions, taboos and such that we have -- they've gotten rid of all that and kept what they liked from their human experience (and whatever they came in with before that). Yeah, they'll do the whole pious / serious thing if their little-self needs or expects it for whatever reason, but I told mine from first contact that none of that was wanted or needed, and I deliberately wanted to gain a clearer picture of who and what he is without any pretense because I figured it would expedite this whole process. I'm pleased to report that mine has remained even more of an ass than I am. :D

CFTraveler
24th June 2009, 03:24 PM
In a mumu? :?
Nothing useful to add.

Tom
24th June 2009, 04:35 PM
If you want to experience energies that aren't provided in your birth chart, you can still do it. The base chakra works with earth, the second chakra with water, the third with fire, and the fourth - the heart - with air. If you are sure you are low on water energies you can work with your second chakra.

There are crystals that are supposed to be good for your second chakra, but a general guideline is that the color of the crystal and the color of the chakra are related. Orange crystals for the second chakra.

Crystals connected to this chakra are orange in their color, they stimulate life's energy, and regulate the normal functioning of the sex organs. Those crystals are: carnelian, which is connected to the creativity and decision making, orange calcite which helps bring calcium into the body and strengthens the bones, fire opal which encourages spiritual growth, orange agate, which is the stone of balance, orange topaz, sun stone, and orange chalcedony which symbolizes the healing earth energy.

Herbs

The second chakra relates to issues of empathy, creativity and sensual expression. It is located below the navel in the abdominal area between the ovaries for women and near the prostate gland for men. Calendula is an easy to grow herb that reaches out with its bright orange flowers bringing joy an upliftment. You may notice an enhancement of creativity in all areas of your life by drinking calendula tea. One of the benefits of balancing the second chakra is that a greater sense of intimacy and companionship can develop with your partner. It also helps to create healthy boundaries so that you are not empathing other peoples feelings to a point of hurting or confusing yourself and your choices. Lighten up and remember that the game of life can be Fun.

Fish
24th June 2009, 05:02 PM
Why would you bother altering or changing your placement? Once you know more about the plusses and minuses of yourself the more you’ll know about “which path” is the one you should be taking or not in any given situation. So if I were you I would look at those things in my chart that I’d want to “trade in” and keep those in the forefront of your conscious mind – having an awareness of those infractions will only force you to keep them in perspective rather than running loose with out being kept in check. Self knowledge is empowerment - use it as a stepping stone rather than a stumbling block.

Olivertwisted
26th June 2009, 10:37 PM
What's a mumu? I think some psycho scorpio bitch called me that once before.

Tom
26th June 2009, 11:16 PM
What's a mumu? I think some psycho scorpio bitch called me that once before.

I've heard it is something for pregnant women (or men?) that provides room for baby. Of course, I used Google image search to find an example.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/thelizzy/muumuu.jpg

Olivertwisted
27th June 2009, 12:09 AM
A vagina or some kind of female part? Why would someone as noble as a moderator insult me like that? I'm slightly offended. But mostly just hurt.

CFTraveler
27th June 2009, 12:34 AM
A vagina or some kind of female part? Why would someone as noble as a moderator insult me like that? I'm slightly offended. But mostly just hurt. How you get an insult from what CaterpillarWoman said I can't even imagine.
A Mumu is a hawaiian sundress used by big women, and she was talking about herself, doing the hula (a hawaiian dance) in a mumu (in other words, wearing one).

Once you do, though, it's fine. (I wear bifocals, that's how I came to that metaphor )

I'm still in the "balancing" stage, for what it's worth. And I'm pretty sure I'm not boring. *pours some custard on her head and does a hula dance in a mu-mu* In here she's telling you how she can see herself moving from one state (being boring) and moving on to extreme silliness (doing the hula while wearing a mumu while putting pudding on her head).
I still don't understand why you used hostile words to describe something like that, and somehow taking it as an insult to yourself. Oh, and as a side note, calling someone a 'twisted scorpio bitch,' regardless of who it is, is not conducive to good communication.

Olivertwisted
27th June 2009, 02:01 AM
I guess I must like 'bad' communication then. At least I got a lecture out of it. It'll give me something to think about.

Beekeeper
27th June 2009, 05:39 AM
Mumus
http://www.artkeep.com/personal/gretchenpics/Mumu_650.jpg
http://blondehurricanewarning.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/homer_mumu1.jpg
They were popular in the seventies. Why anyone would call you a mumu is beyond me.

Tom
27th June 2009, 07:11 AM
Perhaps I should have chosen a less offensive example, but I thought it would be funny and I didn't know it would stir up trouble.

Beekeeper
27th June 2009, 09:27 AM
Don't worry about it Tom. I think we got the humour in it and we know your intentions are always good. It's just the medium. Misunderstandings occur.

ButterflyWoman
28th June 2009, 01:01 PM
So, I went away for a couple days and I have no idea when this all went down, but, frankly, I'm completely shocked and amazed, and not in a good way.

A vagina or some kind of female part? Why would someone as noble as a moderator insult me like that? I'm slightly offended. But mostly just hurt.
For heaven's sake! It's a DRESS, and I said that I was wearing a mumu because I happen to be a big fat lady (though my belly doesn't hang over quite like the woman in Tom's photo, poor thing).

In fact, you could have saved yourself from having to be offended and/or hurt if you'd taken twenty seconds to use Google. If you put "mumu" into Google, you get this on the first page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muumuu

I do hereby officially apologise if I offended you by saying I'd dance in a mumu (or a muumuu). Holy moly. :roll: So much for having a sense of humour, I guess.

Good thing I didn't say I was going to wear a kaftan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaftan). Or a sarong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarong). Heaven knows what kind of controversy that would stir up! (Oh, crap, there goes that whole "sense of humour" thing again. *sigh* I'm going to get in so much trouble...)

Oh, and for the record, I'm a Gemini, not a Scorpio (though the "bitch" part is arguable).