PDA

View Full Version : Energy Constructs

Ouroboros
24th June 2009, 01:54 AM
I had an idea for something I'd like to try, and wanted to run it by the folks here to see if anyone had any additional ideas or advice they could offer.

What I've got in mind is the creation of an energy construct that automates some aspects of energy work. I have ideas for multiple constructs, but of course I want to start with a basic one to make sure that the idea is feasible and will work out.

This first construct is basically similar to a pumping station, although I'm classing it as a power generator. I want to construct it near the sub-navel storage center. It's purpose will be to draw energy from the earth and atmosphere and deposit it into the sub-navel storage center for use. The idea is to have this generator running constantly to provide a steady stream of energy to the subtle body.

The method I'm considering using is a sort of mish-mash of various techniques. The first thing is to set myself into a believing mode, i.e., believing that the construct exists. I plan on developing a sigil to represent the construct. In meditation or a relaxed state, the idea will be to hold the sigil in my mind, energizing it with awareness while feeling the effects of the construct as I intend it to work. The hope is that with combining belief/attraction and sigil magic the body will form the energy construct to coincide with my intentions.

Can anyone see any potential problems I might run into trying this method, or having any ideas they can offer to help augment the creation of a such a construct?

Palehorse Redivivus
24th June 2009, 02:37 AM
I've done something like this to decent effect. Basically I realized:

1. Negative emotional material had a tendency to settle into my navel chakra like sediment in a pond, rather than releasing like it should, unless I specifically put effort into releasing every last bit of emotional material. This would, of course, take up more of my time than I would've wanted.

2. The throat chakra is good at transmutation.

So I installed a "pool filter" and some plumbing to keep the crap from settling, and take it up to the throat for transmutation. Based on what I know of the throat chakra's functions I also adapted Monroe's "energy conversion box" there, which is what transmutes said crap. I've set my subby to maintain it, so at this point it seems to have integrated as a permanent part of my system. Works pretty well. :)

So, I've become a fan of the idea of constructs to improve the form and function of various things. I'm a fan of customization of everything I can possibly customize, for that matter. :P

I haven't specifically created a construct for energy raising, although I sometimes tell my subby to raise energy automatically for a set period. It may have constructed something to help it do that on its own, for all I know, lol. It did help a lot with my energy work across the board when I put the energy cycle into words: raise, cycle, store, use, ground, repeat. I'm pretty sure that about sums up what energy is supposed to do, but whatever my system was doing beforehand wasn't that, so I had to specify. Your mileage may vary, but I'd recommend making sure one way or another before setting out to become a walking dynamo. :P

Last thing I'd recommend, since I'm a bit of a self-control freak who tends to overthink everything, is to include specific commands for your subconscious mind to take your intent and improve on *its* form and function. What I've found is that any structure you create has to be able to function successfully with every part of your system as a whole, and accounting for every detail and compatibility issue is not really the conscious mind's strong suit, especially considering that our information on the human energy body is very incomplete. I've found that if I don't do this, parts start clashing with other parts... for best results, boil down the basic idea of what you're shooting for, as simplified as you can get, and then hand that over to subby to worry about the details. The method's you've mentioned (sigils, meditation, etc) should be good for this.

Ouroboros
24th June 2009, 04:31 AM
Yeah, I actually got the inspiration for this idea from you, Palehorse. :D

I have a long-term plan when it comes to energy body constructs, but the first step is to set up a stable power generator. I'll start hooking up accessories once the generator is up and running.

Your idea about putting the cycle into words is a good one...I think when developing the sigil I'll probably formulate a similar mode of operations to work into the sigil itself. Definitely couldn't hurt.

CFTraveler
24th June 2009, 03:17 PM
This is definitely a manly thread.

Palehorse Redivivus
24th June 2009, 07:24 PM
*flexes*

Is anybody reminded of that old show Home Improvement? "MOAR POWER! *barkbarkbark*" :D

I was thinking earlier... it'd be interesting if some of the stuff we and others come up with like this, found its way into the collective unconscious, and was approved so that eventually people started incarnating with it as part of the standard package. I figure that chakras and the rest of the energy body probably came about in the same way; "devices" whose form and function was gradually improved upon, except probably by mostly unconscious processes in that case. The chakra systems of individuals, while somewhat standardized, also tend to evolve in their own way to an extent as per the individual's wants, needs and ways of processing. My guess is that we're getting to the point where our evolution will be both more self-directed, and branch out in ways that are "specialized" and increasingly diverse.

Just some fun speculation tho...

ButterflyWoman
24th June 2009, 11:08 PM
This is definitely a manly thread.
The term most Aussies would use is "blokey". Maaaaate!

wstein
25th June 2009, 04:24 AM
I can think of several issues:

1) Where is the construct going to get its energy from? Most people fill the navel storage (don tien) up from the root chakra. Wouldn't it be more efficient to find a way to keep that open?

2) The construct is essentially an implant which provides a convenient entry point for invading entities. I strongly suggest you build in an easy way to close it.

3) Are you trying to pull in small or large amounts of energy? What happens if you exceed your storage capacity?

4) As an idea of how to do this, perhaps drawing stray energy from your aura would sidestep some of the above problems. This should work for modest amounts but not big amounts of energy.

5) Another approach is to develop your palm chakras to take energy in. They are easily closed or protected if the need arises. This can also be developed into a defensive technique.

6) Are trying to create an energy reserve (emergency supply) or an ongoing reserve?

7) Are you trying to make a very large amount available for some specific task? (pay attention you manly people) If so, there is a huge energy portal between your shoulder blades capable of letting in way more energy per second than you can store in the navel center. It takes a lot of energy to open it and keep open, but the rewards for doing so are vastly larger. A note of caution, the amounts are truly huge so be very sure your energy system can handle it. This is on par with RB warning about opening the kundalini before you are ready.

Tom
25th June 2009, 04:45 AM
Between the shoulder blades. What about using the subnavel storage center to open it and keep it open, then the shoulder blade center to fill the subnavel storage center? Overflow to fill all the major and minor chakras and inflate the aura. Overflow to power a shield designed as a filter, to cause negative energies to be transformed to neutral. Any further overflow to spread joy and positive emotions to the general vicinity as far as the overflow will power up.

Ouroboros
25th June 2009, 09:07 PM
I can think of several issues:

1) Where is the construct going to get its energy from? Most people fill the navel storage (don tien) up from the root chakra. Wouldn't it be more efficient to find a way to keep that open?

The construct will draw it's energy from the palms and the feet. Although that's a good idea about the root chakra, I hadn't thought of that.

2) The construct is essentially an implant which provides a convenient entry point for invading entities. I strongly suggest you build in an easy way to close it.

Very good warning, thank you.

3) Are you trying to pull in small or large amounts of energy? What happens if you exceed your storage capacity?

Small at first, to get my energy body used to handling a constant influx of energy. As the energy body becomes stronger, the generator will be upgraded to pull in more energy. This is basically the first step in a plan to help automate the development of my chakras (using the engine to fill up the storage center, and then using the overflow to send energy to the chakras)

4) As an idea of how to do this, perhaps drawing stray energy from your aura would sidestep some of the above problems. This should work for modest amounts but not big amounts of energy.

I hadn't considered that, that's a good idea.

5) Another approach is to develop your palm chakras to take energy in. They are easily closed or protected if the need arises. This can also be developed into a defensive technique.

Yeah, I had planned on drawing energy through palms and feet, but I hadn't considered

6) Are trying to create an energy reserve (emergency supply) or an ongoing reserve?

Ongoing reserve. I figured that the sub-navel energy center seems very important for energetic development, that I'd go ahead and make sure that had a constant supply of solid energy, the overflow of which I could channel using other constructs into performing other development tasks; powering up chakras, flushing out blockages, and any other tasks that come up.

7) Are you trying to make a very large amount available for some specific task? (pay attention you manly people) If so, there is a huge energy portal between your shoulder blades capable of letting in way more energy per second than you can store in the navel center. It takes a lot of energy to open it and keep open, but the rewards for doing so are vastly larger. A note of caution, the amounts are truly huge so be very sure your energy system can handle it. This is on par with RB warning about opening the kundalini before you are ready.

I'm not ready to handle large amounts yet. However, that is an awesome thing to know, as eventually I WILL need a source of massive quantities of energy.

Between the shoulder blades. What about using the subnavel storage center to open it and keep it open, then the shoulder blade center to fill the subnavel storage center? Overflow to fill all the major and minor chakras and inflate the aura. Overflow to power a shield designed as a filter, to cause negative energies to be transformed to neutral. Any further overflow to spread joy and positive emotions to the general vicinity as far as the overflow will power up.

That's a really good idea, and while I'm not even close to being able to handle kundalini-level flows of energy, that's an idea I can adapt to the energy produced by the generator. I specifically like the idea about using overflow to power a shield. I hadn't been considering the practical safety aspects of this, and am very glad you and wstein have reminded me.

I really like these suggestions guys; in fact, if you're willing, I'd like to have you continue to help me design this (that goes for anyone who has a suggestion or idea).

Wstein, from your questions I've realized that all of you experienced energy workers could probably offer even better ideas and constructive criticisms if you had a clearer view of the overall plan here, so I'm gonna describe it. (might turn into a really long post, sorry :P)

Since I don't have a whole lot of time right now for doing NEW, and considering all of things I've read on magic and the nature of beliefs, I thought that it should be possible to create a construct that would automate energetic development for me. Now, since there are a lot of aspects to energetic development, it seemed to me that it would be more efficient, practical, and safe to create the construct as a system - a collection of smaller constructs working together, each with a specifically defined purpose.

Based on what I've read about energetic development, and what would be necessary to make such a system work, I thought that the first place to start would be a power plant to keep the system alive. Hence the generator (which I playfully call the "Alpha Light Engine;" Alpha because it's the first energy construct I've ever created, and "Light" because the first "model" is going to only handle small amounts of energy. /geekout). The generator would draw in energy, using some to maintain itself, and sending the rest into the sub-navel storage center. If I remember right, RB says in "Energy Work" that it takes a long time to fill up the sub-navel storage center, and that overflow will go up into the next higher storage center. Also, if I remember right, energy from the sub-navel storage center is sent into the chakras, so some of the energetic development would automatically start simply by virtue of dumping power into the storage center. With the ideas I've gotten already, I now think I'll probably go with having the generator draw energy from the aura, and use some of the energy for forming a filtering shield around the aura to transmute or block (whichever is necessary for the particular energy) negative energy, keeping the system clean.

Now, after the engine is in place, the other elements of the system would begin to be introduced. First would be a construct that channels energy into the root chakra. As the root chakra develops and begins to respond, the construct would expand to include a switch that channels excess energy in the root chakra up into the navel chakra. Repeat until energy channels are in place for all of the major chakras.

Once all of the chakras are powered and active, I will have laid the basic foundation for a larger system. At this point I would probably take some extra shielding measures, beefing up my safeguards.

The next step will be to start developing the natural flows of energy through the energy body; strength-training the veins and clearing blockages. This is to ensure that the energy body is fully capable of handling larger and larger flows of energy safely.

After this point, the plan gets a little fuzzy. I need to refresh myself on the information that's out there about elemental energy, but the idea is to start raising and developing elemental energy. I'm going in a sort of Bardon-ish direction as far as the basic elemental theory I'm working with. The goal is to become strongly in tune with elemental energy, and eventually be able to direct it consciously.

So, there it is. Ideas and considerations welcome!

Tom
25th June 2009, 11:09 PM
Because I also don't have a lot of time for regular practice I use subliminals.

wstein
26th June 2009, 12:51 AM
Over all seems like a reasonable place to proceed from where you are.

The generator would draw in energy, using some to maintain itself, and sending the rest into the sub-navel storage center. If I remember right, RB says in "Energy Work" that it takes a long time to fill up the sub-navel storage center, and that overflow will go up into the next higher storage center. Often yes as long as the channel is open.

Your plan should address basic set up and development of your major energy system. Just a note, it does not address use and manipulation of that energy. I see no problem with that now, just something to keep in mind.

Palehorse Redivivus
26th June 2009, 02:11 AM
The issue of refining your system and/or constructs to only take in what you want, vs. not letting in what you don't want (like negs or their attacks as pointed out by wstein) is one I've been focused on a lot lately, so I may be able to offer some input there.

I kept running into major compatibility issues, because any defense has to account for the fact that for every attack you don't want to let in, the attack itself probably contains an "ingredient" that some part of your system needs to function. Being too "defended" can shut you down just as effectively as any attack, as many forms of defense also shut down your senses and capabilities. So, I'm trying to come up with a set of basic "rules" for my defenses to operate by, but every defense would result either in me being too insulated, too vulnerable, keeping in too much of something, not letting in enough of something else, in various combinations.

The breakthrough there seemed to be in recognizing that all interactions can be broken down in terms of energy and information, being exchanged in various combinations. Both of those can be broken down further into what's actively sent from another entity with intent, vs. passively absorbed from your environment. From there it got much easier to define what I wanted to permit to enter my space under specific circumstances, and considering them separately solved the "too much / not enough / not the right kind" problem. In my experience its safe to say that negs are not capable of connecting with or sending love energy for instance, so I can use the capacity for love as a "password" of sorts for anything trying to engage with me.

Ouroboros
28th June 2009, 07:02 PM
Over all seems like a reasonable place to proceed from where you are.

The generator would draw in energy, using some to maintain itself, and sending the rest into the sub-navel storage center. If I remember right, RB says in "Energy Work" that it takes a long time to fill up the sub-navel storage center, and that overflow will go up into the next higher storage center. Often yes as long as the channel is open.

Your plan should address basic set up and development of your major energy system. Just a note, it does not address use and manipulation of that energy. I see no problem with that now, just something to keep in mind.

I do have plans for use and manipulation for the energy, but those are sort of sketchy right now too. There are a couple of different directions I could take with it, and I haven't figured out yet which one I prefer. Some of the ideas are a little out there, but it's pretty entertaining to come up with them. I'm not worried about planning too far ahead, because the entire plot is sort of hinged on successfully building the generator.

Do you have any suggestions for addressing the set up and development of the major energy system?

wstein
29th June 2009, 06:20 AM
The key is practice, practice, practice. I know you and others are pressed for time. Two 5 minute sessions a day with one hour long session per week should be enough to see steady progress. More than 1/2 hour a day average is probably a waste of time as you will just tire yourself out. When thinking of how much to do, treat it in the same way you do physical exercise.

If you can find an energy system that you like, start with that. Just don't get stuck on it. After you get the basic idea of one, add another system. A variety is more important than mastering a specific one for this part of the process. After you experience 3 or 4, you should start to get an idea about what works for you. Then you can drop the ones that don't appeal and focus on ones best suited to you.

I suggest building energy balls. This can be started with a minimum of energy and grow as you develop. They are easy to detect by various energy senses. In combination, this gives you a good way to measure your progress. The focus on using the energy rather than just gathering it is important. Energy needs to flow through your system not just into it.

Assuming you don't have a personal teacher, NEW is one of the better systems that you can read about. But if its not for you then don't do it. With the right teacher Tai Chi or Qi Gong (energy part, not herbal stuff) are also good starts. Be sure they will teach you about energy not just the physical exercises.

I would avoid studying hands on healing techniques (like Reike) for this purpose as they focus on the best way to heal another and gloss over personal energy development. FYI there's no conflict so no need to stop if you are already practicing healing.

Learning about chakras, meridians, and energy blocks (read up online or book) can provide some introductory material about how energy moves in the body.

Ouroboros
29th June 2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you for the excellent suggestions! I actually kind of enjoy NEW, so I'll probably start off with that one, as I've already done some of the basic awareness work and energy raising techniques. Regular practice has been my pitfall in the past, but I think I may be at a point where I can manage it; especially with your suggested schedule. I think the energy ball exercise will actually serve as a good motivator in itself - I'll have a stick with which to measure progress.

I would love to take Tai Chi, and plan to eventually, but for now I'm limited to what practices I can learn on my own.

Tom
29th June 2009, 11:13 PM
I would avoid studying hands on healing techniques (like Reiki) for this purpose as they focus on the best way to heal another and gloss over personal energy development. FYI there's no conflict so no need to stop if you are already practicing healing.

Reiki in particular can be used for self-treatments either hands-on or at-a-distance. It combines well with NEW, too.