PDA

View Full Version : Meditation.

22nd January 2006, 07:42 AM
I am reading a book on meditation and I'm just wondering if any of you do this on a regular basis, and if it gives you very good resluts. Such as peace and happiness, and a way to reazlize what your thinking and change your thoughts for the better.

22nd January 2006, 07:52 AM
Regular basis, yes, but on my own personal regular basis. Every day at the same time for the same amount of time...to boring, to confining, too restricting, but that's just me. Many people have benefitted from a set time and the discipline that comes with it. I'm tired of discipline. I raised three kids and spent too much time having to discipline. Now's my time to be a child!!! I meditate when the mood strikes, which is fairly often. Yes, it has a great impact on your life. Although, sitting and meditating on NOTHING which a lot of teachers recommend doesn't do a lot for me. I talk to spiritual guides, my family that has crossed over, and play in my special meadow on top of a mountain. I get a lot of good information that way! To each his own!

oath
22nd January 2006, 08:09 AM
Oh... WEll in that case change mine from occasionally to extremely often almost constantly lol. Im constantly thinking in a sort of spiritual state and can be walking down the street doing it. I chose occasionally as I was thinking of sitting indian or lotus position back against wall, closed eyes etc.. whole nine yards :wink:

Dragonlor
22nd January 2006, 05:13 PM
I don't meditate. My brain is always too busy thinking about stuff to ever relax and I always feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm just sitting there. Even if I thought I could somehow get myself to relax I don't think I'd ever have the patience to wait long enough for it to occur.

CFTraveler
22nd January 2006, 11:42 PM
In fits and spurts. I wish I meditated more, because I find I'm more centered on mornings I do, and the day goes by better. I'd like to be able to meditate an hour in the morning, but there is often something. What I sometimes do if I'm somewhere waiting for something I'll center myself. People don't usually notice and if they do I say something about taking a nap. (in a way it is.) :wink:

nparker
23rd January 2006, 11:04 AM
I don't meditate. My brain is always too busy thinking about stuff to ever relax and I always feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm just sitting there. Even if I thought I could somehow get myself to relax I don't think I'd ever have the patience to wait long enough for it to occur.

Anyway... Dragonloor of sure you sleep... How much... 8 hours, 4 hours, 3 hours... anyway you´re loosing a bit of your life... SLEEPING..! :D If you sleep 8 hours in mean, and you're 30 years old (by example), you've lossed 10 years of your life sleeping.

Anyway... meditative pattern day-to-day doesn't require to meditate long (1 hour, 2 hour...) 15 minutes a day is enough to reach significant improvements in your life.

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

23rd January 2006, 03:33 PM
I find it helps a lot with managing stress. I do about 20 minutes per day, around the same time almost every day.

Dragon's Daughter
23rd January 2006, 03:49 PM
I also meditate ALOT, but it's mainly walking meditation. I heard of it from Deepak Chopra. It helps alot with my Adult ADD - racing mind/thoughts, easily distracted, hard to stay focused if I'm not VERY interested in something.

Walking meditation allows me to slow down and concentrate and work more like 'normal people'. :lol:

DD

23rd January 2006, 04:31 PM
I also meditate ALOT, but it's mainly walking meditation. I heard of it from Deepak Chopra. It helps alot with my Adult ADD - racing mind/thoughts, easily distracted, hard to stay focused if I'm not VERY interested in something.

Walking meditation allows me to slow down and concentrate and work more like 'normal people'. :lol:

DD

Hi DD :D

Would you mind explaining this walking meditation - I too have issues with focusing on things I'm not too interested in.

Thanks!!

Dragon's Daughter
23rd January 2006, 05:45 PM
This site explains it best, and it's short http://feelingfree.net/calm/meditation.htm

I try to extend this to other things that I do throughout the day. :)

DD

25th January 2006, 02:34 AM
This site explains it best, and it's short http://feelingfree.net/calm/meditation.htm

DD
A better reference, in my humble opinion is The Practice of the Presence of God: The Best Rule of Holy Life by Brother Lawrence.

25th January 2006, 02:55 AM

DD

Thanks so much. Great link by the way - I'm checking out other resources there as well - the Polarity Reversal feels wonderful!! :D

Dragonlor
25th January 2006, 12:52 PM
Anyway... Dragonloor of sure you sleep... How much... 8 hours, 4 hours, 3 hours... anyway you´re loosing a bit of your life... SLEEPING..! :D If you sleep 8 hours in mean, and you're 30 years old (by example), you've lossed 10 years of your life sleeping.

Anyway... meditative pattern day-to-day doesn't require to meditate long (1 hour, 2 hour...) 15 minutes a day is enough to reach significant improvements in your life.

My best regards...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker
I generally sleep about 1 to 7 hours any given day, although not all at the same time. My brain is definately not relaxed during that time. I still feel it chugging away at whatever nonsense it feels like thinking about. I am usually more tired after I wake up than when I went to bed in the first place. I don't count sleep as wasting my time (well, sometimes I do) as it is something people have to do, like eating and breathing. But the 1-2 hours it takes just to fall asleep and fully wake back up sure is a waste of time.

25th January 2006, 07:20 PM
Scymiter,
If you enjoy polarity reversal, have you read the book "Energy Medicine"? There are a lot of good things you can do to balance your energy. One really easy one....sit or stand comfortably. Stare straight ahead and draw an infinity sign with your finger facing your head in front of your eyes over and over. (Sideways figure eight). Don't follow it with your eyes, just relax your eyes and look straight ahead. Another way to do it is in front of your heart chakra. Do it as long as it feels good ( a minute, a couple of minutes). Same idea as the link, if you are reversed, it will reverse your energy to flow the proper way for you.

Dragon's Daughter
25th January 2006, 07:36 PM
I agree that "Energy Medicine" is a great book. I also have the "Energy Medicine Kit" by Donna Eden. Wonderful stuff!

DD

26th January 2006, 02:15 AM
Scymiter,
If you enjoy polarity reversal, have you read the book "Energy Medicine"? There are a lot of good things you can do to balance your energy. One really easy one....sit or stand comfortably. Stare straight ahead and draw an infinity sign with your finger facing your head in front of your eyes over and over. (Sideways figure eight). Don't follow it with your eyes, just relax your eyes and look straight ahead. Another way to do it is in front of your heart chakra. Do it as long as it feels good ( a minute, a couple of minutes). Same idea as the link, if you are reversed, it will reverse your energy to flow the proper way for you.

I will get a copy. My energy is pretty messed up, but healing nicely now that I'm back on the right track. I do have issues with maintaining my energy throughout the day, however. It's funny, once you start healing and know what 'good energy' is supposed to feel like, it's almost as if you become hypersensative to 'yuck energy'. I also have issues with abosorbing other people's negative energy, gotta get those shields functioning. :wink:

Thank you for your suggestion, I really appreciate it. If you have any more ideas on healing/balancing energy, let me know! :D

26th January 2006, 02:48 AM
I agree that "Energy Medicine" is a great book. I also have the "Energy Medicine Kit" by Donna Eden. Wonderful stuff!

DD

What is the 'kit' about? Do you need this to accompany the book?

blacktiger057
15th October 2007, 01:50 AM
I usually meditate 5-10 minutes everday. It really helps me center myself, calm down, and manage my thoughts and feelings. On Sunday, I usually do a 1 hour Osho Dynamic meditation, which are really nice if you have 1 hour to spare on Sundays.

I also meditate before any ritual, just to make sure of what I really want and thinking things through.

Meditation is a great everyday thing to have in your life. :)

Scott

YAY! 500th post...A billion more and I'll have caught up to CF! :lol:

Akorah
6th November 2007, 09:45 AM
Regular Basis - I started for better mental control over my thoughts.. wanted to create silence and peace in my mind. At first it felt like more of a chore, but after a while I became better at it, and able to reach deep meditative states (and thats where all the fun happens), soon after it became an exciting hobby and I noticed many benefits covering all areas of myself (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually) and many aspects of my life. The main notice-able one is a feeling of peace and contentment residing within myself that keeps me calm and unaffected at all times, there has also been a big increase in self-awareness and if it weren't for meditation I probably wouldn't be here typing right now on this forum.