PDA

View Full Version : how to start Qabalistic Pathworking:

Blue Mage
30th June 2009, 11:20 PM
Until recently I was under the mistaken impression that in order to practice qabalistic pathworking, one must first be able to have full-blown OBEs and astral projection at-will. But I've found that you don't even have to be good at meditating. I wish I had realized this earlier. All you have to do is sit and relax and just use your imagination, its just like daydreaming. Maybe it's not as fun as having OBE's but it still works.

A few years ago I had studied The Mystical Qabalah by Dion Fortune. From there it was impressed upon me that the symbols and images in the Tree of Life are useful, but it was very unclear to me exactly how to use it, or what to expect from it.

I finally learned from this excellent book: More Simplified Magic: Pathworking and the Tree of Life by Ted Andrews. This book is very down-to-earth and practical, and gives you everything you need to know to start pathworking.

ps24eva
1st July 2009, 01:16 AM
I understand how pathworking works. And you are right.

But if you learn rtz OBE to the point of mastery, you will thank yourself for ever.

my 2 cents

Blue Mage
1st July 2009, 11:08 PM
I did not mean to imply that I think OBEing is not worthwhile.

Pathworking raises a lot of energy and can help one learn how to OBE, and helps over come blocks that prevent one from OBEing. And so whereas before I thought of OBEing as a prequisite to pathworking, now I see it as the other way around.

iadnon
5th July 2009, 12:55 PM
I'd recommend you a book that merges both cabalah, astrology and psychology: the inner guide meditation, by Ed Steinbrecher.