PDA

View Full Version : Throat Chakra blockage and developing vibrational awareness

Warrior Spirit
17th July 2009, 02:05 AM
Namaste,

I have been spiritually seeking for almost a decade years now, but seem to be making little progress in refining me vibrational awareness sensitivity and in my purifying my throat chakra and energy body in general. I also cannot go beyond a light trance state. I have little to no guidance, I have basically read loads of books and helped myself. I think 10 years of practice is enough, I want to make some progress now. So please help me with the challenges I am facing.

I have had a very severe blockage in my throat chakra for about 20 years. It refuses to go away, no matter what I do. I almost feel my purpose for incarnation was to deal with this issue of the throat. I have had very strong social anxiety in the past, and it persists today as well, but to a lesser extent due to my developmental work. It manifests mostly in groups, when I have to say something - the throat tightens up, my heart races, and my voice quivers and breaks.

I have little to no vibrational awareness, and if I do, I do not know how to recognise it. I have read that vibrational awareness is connected to the throat chakra, so this may explain why my vibrational awareness is so low. It is ironic how many people report to me how strong and powerful my own energy is, and well developed the subtle body is. I have been told by quite a few people I have very well developed consciousness, and it is my throat blockage that is preventing me from knowing my own power.

I have not met any guides, or astral beings yet, and I have only ever had 2 spontaneous OBES several years ago, which have stopped since. I do not have astral sight, or astral hearing. Lucid dreams are also rare.
I have tried astral projection many times, but I gave up, because it was not working.

As for my meditation. I have plateued at the light trance state. I can get as far as hearing the faint and continuous hitch pitched sound, which I can now hear in waking consciousness as well. By the way what is this sound? I call it the sound of "stillness" I find it really difficult to beyond this state. Only once, again a few years ago, did I experience sensory withdrawal(Pratyhara) and enter a deep trance. But I have not been able to repeat it since.

So basically I feel like I am making little progress. As I am doing this on my own, I have no guide to turn to help me diagnose what is wrong. I would appreciate all the help and advice I can get from you at this forum. It would be much appreciated. I want to make progress now :D

sleeper
17th July 2009, 08:35 PM
the throat center plays a powerful role in astral projection as well as other things. it sounds like you have a clearly defined understanding of your situation.

but do you know why your throat is blocked? it is likely resulting from a deeply personal event or series of events. Healing the past will heal your throat. You need to go back in time, ya' dig? you can do this in meditation. You need to go back in time and do two primary things: empathize with the persons who harmed you emotionally, and then forgive them. That will likely heal you both.

this is how i recommend you do it: set aside several hours to do this incredibly important work. Remember the last time you got all choked up and really memorize the feeling - that will help you manifest your intention to go backwards to the beginning, back in time to when your troubles started. You want to recall the last time, then the time before that, then the time before that.

it may be painful but you're releasing pain by doing this.

note: once you do this successfully, you will have tons of energy moving to your higher centers, so be prepared to deal with that or it may make you loco.

Seeuzin
19th July 2009, 03:07 AM
I agree, forgiving people can really help ease up blocks. And if you're going to go the practicing empathy route, make sure you practice empathy/compassion for yourself, too. =) I'd also add, that you can't really forgive someone on a deep level until you've felt through and processed all of the pain they've caused you. This is because if you try to "force" forgiveness and you stuff part of the pain away, you're just repressing it...and then the pain will stay there in your subconscious, festering, even if consciously you feel you've let go of it, or even if you feel you've rationalized that you "shouldn't" feel it. The only way to truly forgive (imo) is to process it fully, and Inner Dissolving is an excellent technique for this, if you haven't seen it yet. Korpo did a writeup of it and you can find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9353 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9353)

It's great for dissolving emotional pain and energetic blockages.

I don't know if this necessarily applies to you, but I have a hunch that it might and so I'd like to offer it...there's a really good webpage on forgiveness, found here http://www.guidetopsychology.com/forgive.htm , and here is a segment of it that I think is especially powerful:

There can, however, be one major psychological complication in regard to forgiveness.

You cannot forgive someone until you have fully felt the pain he or she has caused you.

Imagine the person who says, “I’m at peace with what happened. I’m OK with it. Actually, it doesn’t even bother me. But my life is still miserable. What do I do now?”

If you find yourself in this position, in effect saying, “No, it doesn’t bother me . . . but I’m still miserable,” it is a good psychological clue that there is still something missing. Usually, this means that you’re still denying your unconscious anger and resentment, so even though you think you’ve come to terms with what happened, there are still emotions about the event which you have pushed out of awareness. In fact, many persons can get caught up in this premature forgiveness as a way to avoid coping with all the unpleasant emotions they would rather not examine.

This can be extremely frustrating because unconscious resentments are essentially invisible to logic and reason. Because they represent things you would rather not see, they can be discovered only indirectly—such as when they continue to cause discomfort even though it seems that everything should be OK.

You might, for example, resist admitting that you are angry with a person you love. So you unconsciously hide that anger from yourself in a desperate attempt to “protect” your love for that person. Yet in your deception you do nothing but keep your resentments alive, and you effectively defile the very love you want to protect.

Again, not sure if it applies, I just had a feeling.

Warrior Spirit
26th July 2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for your help.

I tried the forgiveness meditation. I recreated event event in my life I could remember where I was given pain by somebody, and forgave them. I also recreated every event in my life where I gave somebody else pain, and forgave myself. I cannot consciously feel this pain, of course. It really is not all that different from just thinking about my life in normal waking consciousness. I have also had hypnotists who have tried to bring up the painful memories, but again it was no different to just thinking about stuff normally.

My meditative state and my normal waking state are only slightly different. I still have full awareness of all the sounds around me while in meditation. The only real difference is I get lightheaded in meditation.
I do not seem to be able to go deep enough to actually consciously feel the painful memories.

Do you have any further advice on my situation. Should I consult external help, from healers etc?

Seeuzin
28th July 2009, 04:35 PM
Hmm...for me, consciously feeling the pain associated with a memory is as simple as recalling the memory. I have had some times, though, where I've recalled a memory and the pain was not recalled with it, so I can relate somewhat. For me, this was caused by "soul fragmentation." Here is a breif run-down on what that is, and keep in mind that this only the first thing that came to mind for me; your problem could be entirely different.

When you go through an extremely painful event, such as a trauma, and the pain is too much to bear, sometimes you psychologically "split off" the pained part of yourself, so that you can recall the memory, but the pain is blunted or in some cases completely blocked off. In psychoanalytic terms, this split-off part of the self could be called a "complex;" in spiritual terms we say that the pained part of your soul has actually split off from you. This is not to say that the split off parts are wandering around the astral on their own, though...they stay connected to you even while separated, I think it's by a thread of some sort, although I'm not sure. So they can always be retrieved.

"Soul retrieval" is the name for the shamanic technique where a healer brings back soulfragments and helps you reintegrate them. I would highly recommend not trying to do soul retrieval yourself unless you have a lot of experience. I'll explain more about why later.

I'm not sure if soul fragmentation is the source of your problem or not, but if it is and you choose to seek a healer's help for soul retrieval, be aware that when reintegrating soul fragments, it can be EXTREMELY psychologically painful. Remember, you split those parts off of you for a reason: because you could not handle the pain. When you bring the fragments back, the pain hits you again full force. The only difference is that you will hopefully have more wisdom and strength than you did when you first felt that pain. I recommend using Inner Dissolving to process it.

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't try to do soul retrieval without a skilled healer, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, unless you're very good at recognizing what's you and what's not, you might be fooled by unsavory elements (neg entities) posing as fragments of yourself to try and get in. Secondly, you want to be sure you only take in what you can handle. Once, I took in over 20 soul fragments at once when I tried this without help. It was painful as all hell! I cried for two days and had to put most of the soul fragments back out just to function.

I don't know if this is your problem or not. The lack of feeling pain could simply be due to blockage, for example. However, I wanted to throw it out there. If you do decide to investigate this possibility further...PLEASE consult a skilled healer whom you trust. If you do suffer from fragmentation, the results of reintegration are well worth it...you feel stronger and more "whole" after you're done processing the pain. But also be sure that you're actually able to handle the pain. If you're in a vulnerable spot, now is probably not the best time to attempt this.

ButterflyWoman
28th July 2009, 05:17 PM
Hmm...for me, consciously feeling the pain associated with a memory is as simple as recalling the memory.
I used to have that. In fact, it would come on so strong that sometimes it would kind of half block out whatever was actually happening (I used to think of it as putting on tinted glasses).

I will note that lately, when a memory comes up, I am able to observe it and kind of "deflate" it. I just remove all the psychic energy from it and file it away. For the most part, I can recall it again if I need/want to, but, really, the past is the past so I don't have much need or desire to do that with most things.

It IS kind of disconcerting to have so many of your formerly present memories get filed away in a sort of drawer in the back of your mind, but it helps greatly to make you able to live fully in the present.

I have had some times, though, where I've recalled a memory and the pain was not recalled with it, so I can relate somewhat.
A good portion of my traumatic memories were like this. I could recall the events almost dispassionately. Except I still had all this rage, pain, fear, whatever, just it wasn't "attached". What I had to do was re-attach those energies to the actual memories. Took a long time. Was painful. Was most definitely worth it, however.

When you go through an extremely painful event, such as a trauma, and the pain is too much to bear, sometimes you psychologically "split off" the pained part of yourself, so that you can recall the memory, but the pain is blunted or in some cases completely blocked off.
Yup, that's it, precisely.

I did most of that more or less by myself, with just a friend (who is now my husband, actually) as a sort of sounding board.

I don't recommend doing it that way.

I'm not sure if this pertains to the situation or not, but I wanted to comment on Seeuzin's post. If it's not applicable, please disregard. :)

Timotheus
29th July 2009, 03:15 PM
:D

Tom
29th July 2009, 04:54 PM
If you think EFT would work for you I'd suggest the book at http://chakratapping.com/. It isn't free, but it is much more direct about applying statements and tapping for the purpose of unblocking chakras than the original manual. Just be sure to take it a little at a time. I did hours of tapping two days in a row and I got really sick.

sleeper
29th July 2009, 06:46 PM
how long were your meditations?

this type of work requires a long unbroken meditation over several hours, or many short ones over a period of years.

Warrior Spirit
31st July 2009, 10:49 PM
I have not tried EFT, but I the techniques seem pretty trivial enough to just do it at home by myself. Let's see, I just have to tap all over my body, saying affirmations like "I forgive myself, I am not guilty" I am not paying somebody for that lol.

My meditations tend to be between 30 min and an hour. I usally want to come out of meditation after the hour mark, mainly because my body gets sore and sometimes because I start to sleep beyond that. I have many times thought of doing an extreme meditation for something like 5 hours, just to see what happens, but something always happens to disrupt it.

sleeper
3rd August 2009, 04:29 PM
Energy sensations vary, so it might be a good idea to list what you do experience in addition to what you don't.

also, you might want to follow R.B.'s teachings regarding trance work, so you don't fall asleep.

I feel like I have to help you, even though usually i avoid posts like this. so let me make a confession first: I do not subscribe to the prevailing thought, that scrubbing, tapping, dissolving, etc. the energy body will completely remove all blockages. I had done quite a bit of that in the past, and what I found is that it works really well up to a point, then it stops working all together. I don't want to say why because it would be too controversial and I don't' want more people sending their thoughts my way.

i'll just pm you.

CFTraveler
3rd August 2009, 04:35 PM
Sending thoughts your way- Just kidding. :P

It seems to me that blockages are just a part of being alive- any interaction will cause and relieve blockages in various parts of the energy body. So I don't really have any comment directly for or against the post-I'm sure everyone has their ideas about it.

Tom
3rd August 2009, 05:03 PM
Lots of things seem to only work for me to a point, too. It helps to shift directions for a while and try again later. It does not mean something is wrong with the method, or that it is helpful to tell people not to use it.

azuin
26th August 2009, 03:23 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by vibrational awareness, is it different than feeling your energy body?

As far as the throat is concerned, I also find that my throat seizes up when I am being pressured against my will, or when I am trying to tell someone something who doesn't want to listen. Letting go helps. As Gustav Barnard says, "Peace of mind is not the absence of conflict, but the acceptance of uncertainty and confusion."

With your spiritual seeking, as Sri Aurobindo says, "Life is yoga." Spiritual progress comes in all forms, and is augmented by self-awareness. It seems that you see the development of spiritual abilities as a spiritual benchmark. This is not a bad thing, but you might take that pressure off yourself. Pursue them if it's fun and rewarding. Otherwise (and nevertheless), your playground and school is the world.

Perhaps you could evaluate what other forms of spiritual progress you've been making in the last 10 years?

As far as meditation is concerned, my personal preference is to forget about trance states. My hunch is that meditation is about transcending the duality of me/observer and other/world. It's simply a psychological distinction caused by having a psychological "center". In meditation, you forget about the center and now there is no psychological distinction between me and the world, because there is no me. As a side effect, because there is no "me" constantly creating thought and analysis in relation to the world, it happens to be a quiet state of mind, but still highly aware and relaxed-alert.

Hope that helps you!

matri
18th September 2009, 05:55 AM
I recommend you two things:

(1) Take a Vipassana meditation course in the tradition of respected Mr. S. N. Goenka [link removed by moderator; poster has fewer than the required 20 posts, please see forum rules (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=186#p31270) for clarification]
They are 10 day courses, offered free of charge around the world, but they are also quite strenuous. Needless to say, they also benefit you a lot!

(2) Consciously expose yourself to situations which you fear or which makes you aware of the blockages in your throat chakra.. Like public speaking, etc. Join public speaking forums..When you consciously experience situations which have caused these blockages without reacting and shying away from them you will find your blockages melt away, little by little..

So, don't fear your fears experience them consciously!

Neil Templar
24th September 2009, 03:26 PM
here the Vipassana link -
http://www.dhamma.org/

i did one just a month or so ago. i highly recommend it!
you spend the entire time developing your awareness throughout the entire body.
it is hard work, but very rewarding indeed.

here's a thread with my experiences there, if you're interested -
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15005#p116433 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15005#p116433)

ymunio
26th September 2009, 10:44 AM
Warrior Spirit,
You are not alone. I also battle against social anxiety. Off and on I've been medicated for it. It's like living behind an invisible brick wall, isolating and frustrating to fight every day. Also I have the throat chakra blockage like you describe. My throat chakra is apparently nonexistent. Besides the communication problems that it has caused, I've fought against thyroid problems, sinus problems, allergies and now sleep apnea.

Besides these two enormous problems, or maybe because of them, I've been walking an impatient and frustrating path into spirituality in search for answers. Maybe we're similar this way too. I have an ever-expanding library of self-help and spirituality books. But not much else as far as internal progress. It's a maddening urge I feel to look for information on how to fix myself and my problems with other people. Like my energy is severely damaged on some deep core level that has left me severed from the rest of the world. Though nobody seems to understand, in fact people say my energy is fine and pure like I'm just made of 100% sunshine. But in reality I feel the opposite, like my energy is a black and festering wound. Every day, social anxiety or no, it feels like a dull aching sensation that forms the backdrop for every moment. Whether I deny it or acknowledge it it's always there.

There are some things I've found that have helped. People in this thread mention EFT. It feels so stupid to actually do the exercises, because it's just such a gimmicky thing to do. That was my biggest obstacle was feeling stupid and gullible. But it does help. It works by getting you to focus your concentration on energy meridian openings on your body so that emotional blockages that exist along those pathways are forced open. My relief from EFT was only temporary, however.

Palehorse Redivivus
26th September 2009, 06:22 PM
Warrior and Ymunio,

I've had a lot of similar issues to what you describe with the throat chakra... have you looked at the connections between chakras at all? I did have a lot of blockages and other things going on, and while removing them certainly helped, what I found was that my throat's connection between the others was completely cut off. The throat chakra is responsible for interfacing with the world -- but since it doesn't do a lot of sensory processing in itself, having it cut off from the ones that do causes a lot of social isolation issues. Another big indicator for me that you may or may not relate to was that what I called my "thoughts-into-english mechanism" was broken... I could always write well, but it was really difficult to speak and be spontaneous in social situations. Getting everything reconnected made a HUGE difference -- having all the chakras able to freely exchange energy and information with each other, with the ideal of having them function as a unit, turned out to be a whole pile of breakthroughs.

To fix this I used a technique that came to me intuitively once I figured out that my throat chakra was completely cut off from the others. In meditation, starting from the bottom, with awareness actions I pulled a retractable cord out of every chakra (including the ones at the hands and feet), and plugged it into every other, so each chakra had a "to" and "from" connection with all the others. Then I fused all these cords into a single structure centered in the spine, arms and legs.

This has a lot of effects across the board, but as far as the throat goes, it then can interface with all the info your other chakras and sensory organs take in from your environment (allowing it to interpret and comment spontaneously), love from the heart chakra can find its way into your communication more naturally, you can have the security from the base chakra and empowerment from the SP operating in social situations, and so forth. I'm pretty sure the greater flows of energy this opened up, took out a lot of blockages by itself, too.

Anyway, hope this is of some use to somebody. :)

ymunio
4th October 2009, 02:13 AM
Palehorse,
I think you are several lightyears ahead of me in personal healing. But what you said is very much of value. I didn't know anything about connections between chakras. But I can very much relate to having a broken "thoughts-into-english" mechanism. Sometimes it's so bad I sound like english is my second language. Somedays I can't push anything past my lips at all. Period. My wife was laughing about this just today. How when we're in any public place, I sit there in silence, fighting to think of something to contribute to conversation. By the time I think of something and it gets past all my social-acceptability filters, too much time has gone by and the conversation has taken several turns and I give birth to an inconsequitor. On the other hand if I try to bypass my social-acceptability filters then I'm guaranteed to say something totally offensive or misleading or easily misunderstood. Whether it's dinner with inlaws or just a status update on facebook. If it wasn't so frustrating and isolating I'd laugh with her. Maybe someday i'll wire up my chakras to communicate with each other. In the meantime I'm stuck fighting spirit entity attachments.

heliac
4th October 2009, 04:28 PM
Hi Warrior Spirit,

I read the message you posted about the throat center blockage/social anxiety. I don't really have too much experience with energy work, but from how i have been experiencing it so far, it is working with subtle aspects of your self and because of that maybe it's not the best method as a primary treatment for something that could be negatively affecting you profoundly and in many areas of life like social anxiety disorder.

So i guess in other words sitting on your butt brushing energy up and down the full circuit or through the throat center or meditating on your navel or forgiveness etc etc, won't fix social anxiety disorder.If anything energy work should probably be a supplement to some kind of legitimate treatment.

From what i do know about SAD it is very treatable and reversible without medicine through cognitive therapy methods. SAD is actually quite common and there are a lot of people out there who have it and there a lot of peer/support groups out there sincerely interested in helping with this.If you want i can try to find someone who specializes in SAD who might be able to help you if you feel like it is needed.I can private message you some contacts and/or materials if you want, just let me know.

Spirit Healer
30th April 2010, 04:51 AM
Palehorse,
I am suffering from a severe throat infection, so I was looking up throat chakra blockage info and saw your post and read your technique about tying the chakras and clearing blockages and I immediately felt a difference and right after my throat feels way better. I still have a lot of work to do but I think your method is amazing and thanks for sharing it :)

Tiny
30th April 2010, 10:21 AM
Dear Spirit Healer,

if you're looking for a quick solution to the infection,

you can get rid of it very quickly using a strong oxidizer. Try Jim Humble's MMS. I removed my sore throat infection with it (using it topically) completly within 48 hours (after 24 it was half-sized). On another occasion I used anti-biotics to treat sore throat and they didn't get rid of the infection yet after weeks of taking them. And after it was gone it came right back...

MMS is a chemical selected for it's ability to kill any kind of pathogens very quickly without attacking tissue.

As for the blockages of the energy bodies:

I feel that sleep is what's holding me back. I feel as tho I am being brainwashed during sleep and I am not myself when I wake up. Then It takes 30-60 minutes of meditative effort to get rid of these blockages and then I return to normal again.

I can teach noone (not even myself) how to get rid of blockages or meditate properly to get really deep but i can say that it only works when one is psy-chically very comfortable and when blocked - one is not comfortable.

kind regards,

Paul

CFTraveler
30th April 2010, 01:51 PM
The staff of AD does not endorse or condemn users when they recommend 'alternative' cures unless they are illegal. However it's important to realize that users are coming from a nonmedical perspective.
What works for one may not work for another, and what may be safe for one may not be safe for another.

Tiny
30th April 2010, 03:16 PM
The staff of AD does not endorse or condemn users when they recommend 'alternative' cures unless they are illegal. However it's important to realize that users are coming from a nonmedical perspective.
What works for one may not work for another, and what may be safe for one may not be safe for another.

I honestly think it would be for mutual benefit if the staff here would condemn the medical System for what it is - wicked sick and designed only to create huge profit for the industries by promoting products and therapies that are at best not working, usually making people sicker and in the worst case killing people.
However, clearly the downside of this would be that the rate of your site's hacking attacks could easily increase by ten. :lol:

Well atleast Robert condemns the big corporations so that's a good thing :D
More people need to speak out about more facets of the ♥♥♥♥stem System.

kind regards,

Paul

heliac
22nd May 2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Tiny,

I hear ya here condeming aspects of the medical system that are exploitative. I do have to say though that that is more of a human problem than a problem with mainstream western medicine itself.
A LOT of the alternative medicine out there is just as exploitative, working the conspiracy theory angle that big pharma and medicinal conglomerates are out to get you.

I fall into this seeing what you want to see trap often myself, but i wish we could all apply the same critical thinking we do with conspiracy theories as we do with what is out in the mainstream.

defectron
14th June 2010, 08:33 PM
I was told I had a block in my crown and third eye chakra, though I had some work to get rid of this I heard some of it may still be there. Any advice on how to get rid of it? Could the issues the above users have with throat chakra apply to this as well or would this be something different?