PDA

View Full Version : underwater earthquake

bigaflow
17th July 2009, 10:03 AM
the other day their was an underwater earthquake off the coast of san diego... not out of the norm however...afterwards their were reports of squid washed up on the shore and the were confused, the were put back in the water and they swim right back up to the beach...hmmm and their wasnt even a tidel wave...very interesting... comments please...

ButterflyWoman
17th July 2009, 01:59 PM
Dunno what kind of comment to make. Maybe squids are just unusually prone to confusion?

Xanth
17th July 2009, 02:54 PM
Perhaps the quake released something from the ground into the water that is causing the confusion?

CFTraveler
17th July 2009, 03:17 PM
I read that ammonium in the water has something to do with how squid float when they're hunting. I'm not sure how that correlates with their confusion.

bigaflow
18th July 2009, 03:13 AM
shouldve added this... do u know when their is about to be an earthquake animals know somehow ahead of time... when their is any kind of disaster they know first... so if it was an earth quake they would have gotten to a safe distance from the area... so it was something else.

ButterflyWoman
18th July 2009, 09:17 AM
I've experienced a number of earthquakes. I've never seen an animal react ahead of time, for what it's worth.