PDA

View Full Version : Indian Kids

Neil Templar
29th July 2009, 05:57 PM
another from this morning. one of those where i seem to be playing all the characters.
it was like i was watching a movie, observing everything at the same time as being everyone.
it made me very sad.

i was a young Indian boy, poor, possibly homeless. it seemed like it took place many years ago, certainly not modern day times.
the young boy befriends a young girl, from a much richer family. they are still young enough that the differences don't matter to them.
there is also another younger boy, possibly a brother of the first boy, maybe just a comrade on the streets, looking out for each other.

the boy and the girl are friends, and the poor boy helps her family increase their wealth over the years - he knows many traders, and puts the rich girl's family in contact with them.
as they grow older they come to love each other, but they are from different castes (sp?) so there's no possibility of them being together.

there is a moment of near catastrophe in a warehouse type of building, where all the goods are piled up too high, and start to fall on the kids. the boy pulls the girl to safety, just before she's lost under a huge pile of what looked like rugs, or carpets.
she knows she loves him.

i felt great sadness at that part. they both realize the truth at that moment. they can never be together.

now they are older, maybe about 16 - 18 years old.
the girl's family are very rich indeed, and it's mostly been because of the poor boy.
a rich young man appears at the girl's home.
he's looking for a suitable wife.
he meets the girl, and persuades her that they would be well suited.
she agrees.
the younger boy is outraged, saying "what about ****?" (i can't remember the name)
he's so sad, his older friend is going to be destroyed by the news.

i again felt such sadness here, i think i was crying in my sleep.

next i see the poor boy, in shackles of some sort.
a foreign man has him, and many other street kids, and is showing them to prospective buyers.
they are to become slaves.

a buyer decides to take a younger child, but the foreign man makes a mistake, and thinks he means the poor boy.
just as the boy is about to be sold to the buyer, the younger boy runs in and tells the foreign man his mistake.
the poor boy isn't sold, and the young boy tells him of what has transpired.
they fall to the ground weeping in each others arms.

again i was crying in my sleep. then my girlfriend in the other room came thru and i woke up.
she said she'd heard sounds and thought i was awake and on the phone or something.
she left me alone so i could try to get back in to the dream, cos i wanted to see what happened next.
i didn't get there.