PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep...

greatman07
30th July 2009, 09:50 PM
Hello. I don't remember if I've posted this before, but I'm having trouble sleeping. The reason is because I have a great fear of the supernatural, and while I haven't experienced a supernatural event yet, the thought that one could happen is enough to prevent me from getting adequate rest. Is there a way for me to overcome this fear? I've tried, but usually I get too scared and turn on a light or the T.V., but then after that I can't get to sleep.

CFTraveler
30th July 2009, 09:53 PM
You sort of talked about it here (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10339&p=79373#p79373), but never said why.

Simple. There is no such thing as the supernatural. If it exists in this world then it is natural. If it doesn't exist in this world, then it can't affect you. Except emotionally, and that ship has sailed. In other words, the worst thing that can happen has already happened to you.
Now, what exactly scares you?

greatman07
30th July 2009, 10:09 PM
Ghosts scare me...spirits scare me, especially the dark ones, and you can't really tell at night...

CFTraveler
30th July 2009, 10:15 PM
Ghosts are only people without bodies.
A person with a body is much more dangerous.
Most ghosts are either imprints on the ether (like a movie or a photograph) and not sentient, and others are here because of something they need to resolve. So the only reason you would see one would be if they need to see you, like for example, if a relative of yours passed and there was some unresolved stuff. Even then, they wouldn't come to you, you would be given the opportunity to go to them, if they are ready for it.
So given this information, would any possible relative that has passed scare you if you interacted with them?

greatman07
30th July 2009, 10:16 PM
None of my relatives have passed (knock on wood), but if they did, it would probably scare the crap out of me...

CFTraveler
30th July 2009, 10:18 PM
But if you saw one of your relatives at night (alive, in body), would you be scared of them?

greatman07
30th July 2009, 10:22 PM
Maybe...it depends on how dark it is, and how their voice sounds if they say something to me. I remember this one time when my aunt came in the room and woke me up, but I didn't know who she was. I thought she was a ghost or something trying to attack me, so I started screaming and flailing towards her until I got into the hallway and realized that it was my aunt.

CFTraveler
30th July 2009, 10:39 PM
It sounds to me not so much that you're not afraid of the supernatural, but from having your personal space intruded. Do you think this would be accurate?

greatman07
30th July 2009, 10:43 PM
You know, I don't really know...all I know is, ghosts and spirits and supernatural phenomena scare me.

CFTraveler
30th July 2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, but do you even know if they really exist?

greatman07
31st July 2009, 12:25 AM
No...

CFTraveler
31st July 2009, 01:32 AM
So what are you afraid of?

greatman07
31st July 2009, 03:11 AM
Ghosts and apparitions attacking me...

ButterflyWoman
31st July 2009, 06:18 AM
I used to have a lot of nightmares that involved haunted houses, ghosts, etc. It took me a long time to work it out, but what I was REALLY dreaming about, and what those "ghosts" really were, was lingering, lurking "issues" that I had never dealt with.

It's very unusual for someone to be so afraid of ghosts and things that go bump in the night that they literally can't sleep, at least past the age of puberty. By that time, you've usually learned how to deal with the fears of "unknown things" that might be lurking around, etc.

In other words, while I don't know precisely what's causing your fear, I'd be willing to bet that it's something deeper and more personal than just a fear of random ghosts.

Ask (God, your Higher Self, the Universe, whatever) to be shown the root cause, and be prepared to accept and deal with whatever you learn. This might take a while, but if you sincerely want to get to the root of it, and you genuinely ask, you WILL be given your answers, one way or another.

Neil Templar
31st July 2009, 09:40 AM
i've had experiences of dead relatives being in my room, and the only feelings i had were those of love and sadness, from missing them in my life.
i'd be very surprised if a dead relative came back to talk all scary at you.
i'd suggest cutting back on the horror movies/tv.

greatman07
31st July 2009, 11:35 AM
Good points...I will try those things...