PDA

View Full Version : Talking To My Subconscious

lightningbug
31st July 2009, 05:48 AM
My lucid dream goals were simple. One, ask an aggressive dream character "What part of my psyche do you represent?". And two: request to see a character that I created for a story. I was having trouble illustrating my character because they were really in the back of my minds eye. A fuzzy image I have trouble holding onto. But I believed that this character was already fleshed out in my subconscious. Therefore they can theoretically manifest as a dream character.

Well I got some strange results.

I was lucid, but the dream wasn't very vivid. A tall black man approaches me. He feels aggressive, like he wants to take something forcibly from me. I realize here is my chance to complete my first dream goal. So I go up to him and I ask "What part of my psyche do you represent?"

He grabs me by the arm and says in a cold voice "I'm gonna help you ask a better question". His grip is strong and he drags me along. Imagine Snape pulling Harry away. He leads me to this box and motions for me to get in. Inside the box was a circle drawn on the floor. It looks like a magical drawn circle. He can't force me in the magical ring, I have to go willingly. But no way, I don't trust him. I got the impression the magical ring would teleport me out of the dream. Call me crazy!

When it's clear he couldn't get me into his magical ring, he tries to lure my friend in. My dream friend doesn't trust him either, so we fly off together.

When I woke up I was left asking a 'better' question.

You see, I realized I have seen this tall black man in my dreams a handful of times. His face is always the same. And it's always clear. Like I can always see the whites of his eyes. His demeanor is always the same. The first time I met him he was wearing a suit and had a briefcase. Everyone else seemed dressed down in comparison. When he talks to you, he talks down to you. And his smile is always more of a smirk.

After waking up, I really realized, I have a group of 'repeating' characters in my dream.

The 'friend' he tried to lure into the magical ring? She's a big time repeating character too. A lot of times when I see her, he is some where in the dream as well. I have no idea who my friend is! As far as I know she only exists in my head. Her demeanor and appearance is also consistent. We look a lot alike, like family. A cousin from puerto rico. And unlike the man, I usually gel with her. Were the best of friends.

That is until I become lucid and harass her with questions. Then she becomes as strange as the tall black man.

She also has a brother who is always short and blonde.

Well, in the same dream where the tall man led me to the magical ring, I had a strange false awakening.

In the FA I was telling my friend and her brother what happened in my lucid dream. I thought I was awake! But then I realized that I had flew down to talk to them...Wait, I can fly? For a few moments my reality crashes. As if I can lucid dream in waking life.

The brother mutters something below his breath. I didn't hear it. But my friend quickly shushes him. He said something he wasn't supposed to tell me. And the two of them go back to playing koi.

That's when I got the impression the two of them knew something. And they were hiding it from me. Or worse, playing with me. Then my 'friend' didn't seem so friendly. She seemed just as alien and foreign as the tall black man.

I have more experiences with them, but I'm too lazy to type it. Really what I am trying to think of now are better questions to ask them. I've tried "who are you?" "are you me?" "what part of me do you represent?" "do you know me?" "are you my dream character?" and so on...and nothing has worked with this lot! Most of the time they deny ever being my dream character, or they just smirk and refuse to answer my question.

Now I've had stupid faced dream characters that don't hesitate to admit that they are my dream character when I ask......Why are these repeating characters different?

And what should I say or do to them? What are better questions to ask them when the usual ones haven't worked?

I see my subconscious as the seat of my creativity. Once in a lucid dream I visited an art gallery and marveled at how easy it was for my subconscious to instantly fill a gallery with the most amazing art I have ever seen.

I'm convinced my subconscious is the better artist! So I seek to just surrender to what it creates.

There is a character trapped in the back of my mind. I call her my insect queen. She doesn't look like an insect though. I only call her my insect queen because she is the mother to all of her kind. The only one who gives birth. I've had real trouble getting her 'out' of my head.

So I thought, I know, I'll ask to see her in a lucid dream. So the next morning I can draw her!!

I'm lucid.

I'm happy that I remember my goal. And I make the request to see my character. Nothing happens. I make the request again. Again nothing happens. When that doesn't work I close my dream eyes and imagine the queen herself attacking me. My strategy was "if you think monster you get monster". And at that point I would have been happy with any result. I open my dream eyes, and again. Nothing. The dream seems to crash down on me and I wake up.

Does my subconscious not like me? :cry: I hope not. I'm hoping the no-show was just bad timing. Since I was near waking my dream was becoming more unstable by the moment.

Has anyone used dreams creatively like this before?

What's a better way to try to see my character in the dream?

The next time I think I'll try to imagine her behind a door, rather than making a verbal request.

CFTraveler
31st July 2009, 03:44 PM
And what should I say or do to them? What are better questions to ask them when the usual ones haven't worked? Who are you really? Where are you really from?

It hasn't worked for me, but I'd like to know if it works for you.

And no, I don't think your subby's against you, I do think it was timing.

lightningbug
4th August 2009, 05:10 AM
thanks, I'll ask those questions the next time around. at least I hope I dont have to wait for months for my next lucid dream

PurpleAngel
31st August 2009, 04:07 PM
Hi ,

There is a possibility that those characters in your dreams are NEGS (negative entities).

I have interacted with all types of characters in my dreams ,ranging from angels to animal...and what I always try to remember to do as soon as I see them is an ID Check..

I heard that a good question to ask any entity you meet is "Do you serve the light?" If you get a positive response, you continue..if not, you can ignore them.

The ID Check that I use is a spell and thankfully it works. I dont know if you are into that..

Regardless, you can always ask your Divine Mother (the female aspect of your higher self) to give you a teaching about your subconscious. that works as well.

Feel free to try it and let me know if it works for you!

Cheers!