PDA

View Full Version : Strange Memories

Crimson
4th August 2009, 04:38 PM
Now, i have some strange (and quite frankly weird) memories, i don't know is this
is psychic related or not but heres what they are:

I have various different memories that i could never remember experiencing in my home
so i put the questions to my mother and father, they laughed it off thinking i was making it up
but then i would tell them their exact words they said at the time of the memories, even how
the room was decorated at the time, they were dumbfounded and said they did really understand
it because i was still a baby in the crib at the time, no more than 6 months.

Also, i have various memories or being in a play school area, now the strange thing here is, that
i never went to play school, my brother did, and every memories i have, is his memories aswell,
i even described in detail to my mother the buildings, people, children, even when my mother
would be there, again, they couldn't understand it because i was only about 6months - 1 years old
at the time and my brother is 3 years older than me, yet i have memories seen through his eyes.

I'm not sure what this is but any type of explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CFTraveler
4th August 2009, 07:42 PM
You just have better recall than most people. Some of us have this type of recall- I have memories of when I was a baby, but not as concise, just some impressions here and there of certain things that impacted me. I learned not to talk about it much because people would 'stare at me funny'- psychologists used to believe infants had less capacity than they now realize, but most people's attitudes and information are still outmoded. So people that have this type of recall are still 'looked at funny.'

Crimson
4th August 2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah i know what its like to be the one they look at funny.

Its also cool to know i have good recall, might come in handy in recalling my OBEs when i have them.

Thanks again for your help :)

ButterflyWoman
5th August 2009, 04:50 AM
I have memories of when I was a baby, but not as concise, just some impressions here and there of certain things that impacted me.
I have some very early memories, too, which must be from before the age of two, judging by the people in the memory and the place we were living.

So people that have this type of recall are still 'looked at funny.'
Eh. People look at me funny all the time, for all kinds of reasons. I HAVE been told that I can't possibly "really" remember things from such early childhood, but there's no other explanation. The memories I have are not things anyone would have (or could have) told me. They're unique, and from my unique perspective. Of course they're real memories. Why not?

Go ahead and look at me funny. It's okay. I'm funny looking. :)

CFTraveler
5th August 2009, 03:53 PM
We should make a poll to see how many people admit to having 'baby memories'. I'll bet you the percentage is higher than most people would expect.

ButterflyWoman
5th August 2009, 04:25 PM
Robert has said that he has a memory of being in the womb. I haven't got any of those of which I'm aware, but I've known always, ALWAYS that my mother didn't want me and regarded me as a burden. She was even considering an (illegal) abortion (I was conceived out of wedlock in the early sixties, and the social climate was very different then).

So while I may not "remember" being in the womb, I have an emotional "memory" of it, a sort of... empathic impression, I guess.

I had a very, very close and remarkably clear psychic bond with one of my children when she was in my womb, so it doesn't surprise me that I could sense my mother's emotions when I was in her womb.

That's slightly off topic, I guess, but these are still a kind of memory, and I've got them from VERY early.

Mishell
6th August 2009, 08:35 AM
I was in my early 20s and told my mother about the first dream I remember having. Her jaw dropped and she told me it wasn't a dream, it really happened. She said I couldn't have been more than 3 months old at the time.

It's the only of my memories that was in all black and white.

Neil Templar
6th August 2009, 10:28 AM
my earliest memory is from when i was in my baby crib.
i was screaming at my Mum and Cousin, but they couldn't understand what i was trying to tell them.
i knew what they were saying tho, "he'll cry himself to sleep"
then they went out of the room.
i was so upset!

it makes me wonder, just how early do babies understand language? way before they can say the words, obviously..

ButterflyWoman
6th August 2009, 10:43 AM
just how early do babies understand language?
Even very young babies show a marked preference for listening to their own language (or, rather, the language of their family/culture) over any other language. It seems that babies in the womb can hear the rhythm and cadence of the language spoken around them, particularly by their mother.

Language is very much hard-wired into the human experience.

Beekeeper
6th August 2009, 10:57 AM
Crimson, having your brother's memory is very interesting. I remember Kurt Leland reporting something similar from his childhood where he saw what his brother at a distance was seeing. It suggests to me that you may have potentials worth developing as a psychic or a medium. I bet you've had shared dream experiences too.

I too have quite a few memories from babyhood.