PDA

View Full Version : Dream death changed

jalef
25th January 2006, 04:31 PM
before i started energy work and meditation usually when i died in dreams i woke up imediately. Since a few months i get lucid dreams when i die in a dream but only if death sint violent. then i realize: 'hey im dead, i can do everything i want now' (i dont realize that i dream but the effect is the same).
in a dream a few day ago i even died because a rocket hit the car i was in what i believe to be a quite violent death :wink:
this time i didnt wake up but fetl vibrations and myself rising out of my (dream)body. i saw psychedelic blue colors and felt both my body and myself out of body then i thought in my dream: 'why should i die now? better i will live!' then i was back in my dreambody and lost lucidity and a normal dream continued.

Was this just a normal dream about having an OBE or was it an OBE But i was still dreaming or just normal lucid dream?

terra incognita
30th January 2006, 12:56 AM
Jalef, I think you ask a good question. It sounds like your conscious mind is trying to break through the walls of your dream-state. I have a theory that the greater and more persistant your desire to experience your true nature, the more your dream mind and projected double will begin to communicate. In other words, the wall of your dream mind will grow thinner and you may experience more energy repercussions from your projected double's experiences. These may be sheathed in dream imagery from fears in your everyday life because the dream mind has no other language with which to speak. It tries to define the bizarre sensations it experiences through the dream wall as falling or movement. It may perceive the explosion of the car you were in due to a jarring return of the projected double to the physical body. Thin the dream walls down in your mind by doing energy work (to increase lucidity)and reality checks as suggested in Robert's books.

*The pain of life has driven me to dreams and there I found the pain again.*

jalef
30th January 2006, 05:21 PM
thanks that sounds interesting :D

i also think that if theres a projection in progress it will influence the dream you have. maybe youre right that the conscious mind tryes to break out of the dream to experience an adecuate projection. that would explain the exit sensations. i think the car crash was the only possible method for the subconscious to achieve this because it seems for me to be the only way to become lucid and conscious in dreams. i felt no fear at all but i stayed surprisingly calm.

me
31st January 2006, 12:31 AM
now that i'm aware of obe/nde's and since doing new, when i die in my dreams i expect to project somehow, so the dream continues and i don't wake up (as i used to). if you get me.

terra incognita
31st January 2006, 05:06 AM
I think that being able to resist the sheer terror of dying in a dream shows that you have progressed beyond everyday perceptions of dreams. I think that somehow the dream mind tries to perceive the projection experience as dying because for it it is a form of death. Our minds grow and develop and shed old skins like a snake. I don't think there is one "final development". Little steps make the whole trip so-to-speak. Each of these changes is perceived as a 'little death' because an old part of us falls away and our horizons broaden. The chick has got to break the shell!

*There are no answers, just choices.*