PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Group Work

FaithNoMore
8th August 2009, 10:04 AM
So I've been trying to think of some practices that could be structured in a way that they could be adapted to work well not only with just another individual, but a whole group also. Let me know if you have some other practices or ideas that you think would work well.

The advantage of group work like this in my opinion is that it allows one to develop with more suredness than working alone, at least initially I feel, working under blind conditions, as working the energy of another person is much stronger than working alone in my experience. Plus you can receive a response instantly as to how correct you were, helping to quell ones tendency for the mind to interpret too much and the imagination to come into play when working alone and not being able to go to the target and confirm accuracy.

So far I think elemental work and healing stuff works well for relatively straightforward groupwork. Basically these exercise are built around increasing ones psychic senses, and the awareness and manipulation of energy.

Elemental Work
Evoking and sending exercise:
Evoke/send an element to individual and have them tell you which one you're sending, and vice versa. This develops one's bodily awareness of the presence of elements, heightens ones psychic senses, and helps with learning to connect with someone. Perhaps with practice this could unfold into feeling elements in someones aura or in objects. More advanced practice could include sending two or more elements at a time, perhaps to different parts of the body.

Alternate work could include the creation and charging of digital sigils with elements, which would allow practice to go on without requiring real time interaction, help in gauging ones ability with charging & evoking, and I would presume be a good starting point for sigils and constructs if one wanted to get further into those things. I have only done limited experimentation in that area though so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would think this could prove a fruitful individual practice also, by charging objects with an element(red pen with fire for example), closing ones eyes, and sensing which one you are touching or hovering your hand over. I recall someone on the boards here doing a similar exercise of sensing using a set of objects.

Healing Work
Most common group work perhaps some of you are used to. Experimentation with various healing modalities(Reiki, RB's Method, etc) Practicing sending to individuals vs a group of people simultaneously. Further developing ones sense of connection and awareness of others energy signatures. What would be good to add to this?

Further senses work ideas(haven't tested these in a group setting yet):
Sending and perception of emotions and basic ideas/constructs.

I'm not yet sure how to bring in mental projection/remote viewing into groupwork, but perhaps there is a good exercise with cards or other common objects that wouldn't be to troublesome to build something personally verifiable around.

googolplex
8th August 2009, 03:14 PM
Seems remote viewing would be good, having one person to be target, I don't think could do the classic military style.

The healing would be good but, I would not follow the results, would seem to take away from intent.

A group AP would be interesting, as long as at least two remembered the AP.

CFTraveler
9th August 2009, 10:49 PM
I enjoyed the RV experiment that eyeoneblack conducted in the saltcube forum about a year ago- he (or she?) picked an object, put it in a predetermined spot (a star) and whoever wanted to, for a week tried to take a look. Then whoever participated in it would put down what they saw. I really sucked at it (I saw more what another poster was doing that day, than the intended target, lol) but I enjoyed being part of it.
I liked it because it was simple, there was no major preparation, and whoever wanted to could join in. At the end of the week he would 'close' it (that is, not accept any more submissions) and would show what the actual object looked like.
I would participate in something like that, because it's low-stress, and low prep.
My main problem with group endeavors is getting together with time zones and availability, which is why I haven't taken advantage of Aunt Clair's circle opportunities- my timing always seems off. But someday I'll make it over there.