PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Bending?

Insanity
14th August 2009, 05:26 AM
Hi, if anyone has read my "Help!" thread in the OBE forum, they will know I have been reading about OBEs since I was about 11 years old. In my time, I'd done much research on various topics such as the psi-ball, pyrokinesis, psychokinesis and the like. I had come across various websites that had many tutorials on them, some claiming to allow you to do outrageous things such as spawn tornadoes. I was younger at the time so I somewhat bought into it all and printed numerous documents, researched as much as I could and practiced day and night. To my disappointment, I never had luck with much of anything, I wasn't able to astral project, bend spoons, move objects or read someone's mind. Because of this, I quit my research, practice and overall, lost interest in it all completely. Recently, however, I came to this board in search of help on astral projection, after making my post and then browsing the forum, I read a post on spoon bending. I don't remember what exactly it was about but here is a very short dream I had:

I was standing in my kitchen, talking to my mom about spoon bending. I had a spoon in my hand and was trying to make it bend, but it just wouldn't do as I wanted. (Here's the strange part), I stuck the spoon into a pot of boiling water that my mom had going, she was about to prepare a meal for my family. As I had it in water, it did not heat up like it would, the heat was not transferred to the handle of the spoon, at all. The next part astounds me, I pulled the spoon out of the water and it was hot enough to bend, and that it did. It bent in my hands, almost as if it was a liquid metal, I was absolutely dumbfounded. I found this so amazing because when I woke I can still remember what it felt like to have the spoon bend in my hands as easily as it did.

Today I tried a few techniques to spoon bending and tried to incorporate the feeling I had from my dream into these techniques to produce a result. Nothing occurred, although I am curious, has anyone had any spoon bending experiences? Or metal bending at all, for that matter? Forks, knives, anything? What are some techniques that you would recommend to me if you practice this sort of thing? Thanks in advance!

CFTraveler
14th August 2009, 05:34 AM
When I took Robert and Maureen's weekend workshop at TMI a few years ago she taught us spoon bending using NEW, and last April I did it for my family (for the first time by myself) and it worked. It wasn't officially part of the workshop but we had the time.

I can't tell you that you can because I won't be responsible for any injuries if you try.
BTW, are you saying you had a boiling-hot spoon in your hand? Be careful, that sounds dangerous.

Insanity
14th August 2009, 02:28 PM
When I took Robert and Maureen's weekend workshop at TMI a few years ago she taught us spoon bending using NEW, and last April I did it for my family (for the first time by myself) and it worked. It wasn't officially part of the workshop but we had the time.

I can't tell you that you can because I won't be responsible for any injuries if you try.
BTW, are you saying you had a boiling-hot spoon in your hand? Be careful, that sounds dangerous.

What is NEW that everyone is talking about? I've seen several people mention it but I have no idea what it is. I am very excited about learning to spoon bend, though, and I am trying very hard!

I am not going to hold anyone responsible but myself if any injuries occur to myself or others through my practices, however, I don't blame you for not wanting the blame. I assure you, though, I am a responsible young man, if it sounds like it will bring harm to someone, you can count me out. As far as the boiling hot spoon, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying! The spoon was in the water for quite some time yet no heat was transferred to the handle where I was holding it. Once I removed the spoon, it began to bend very easily, I can still remember the feeling. I am smart enough to know, however, that in my perceived reality a spoon in boiling water just doesn't sound very safe. I think the extreme heat has something to do with the idea of making a spoon somewhat "warm" when a bend is taking place. That's just my theory...

CFTraveler
14th August 2009, 07:06 PM
This is NEW http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... index.html (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/beginners/index.html)
but it is not for spoon bending.

Insanity
15th August 2009, 05:03 PM
Thank you, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to spoon bend but found the link you have given me very informational. I have tried to enter a trance-like state and recreate the feeling of the spoon bending that I felt in my dreams, but, it didn't work very well. I am very good at meditating, I am able to think of absolutely nothing, to sit in a state where I don't even know where I am until I open my eyes and come back to reality. Even with noises and other distractions taking place, I can hold this state for a bit, although sometimes I have audible distractions, I will hear music or other sounds without them actually being there. So, I have to push those out, aside from that, I am very good at it.

Do you believe that in this state I would be able to achieve what I have been working at or should I go at it from a completely different perspective?

CFTraveler
15th August 2009, 09:56 PM
No, because NEW isn't really a meditative technique, it's a tech to learn to channel energy through your body. The way I did it was purposely for that, and it worked, but I believe you should first get proficient at it by using it for what it's designed for, and then use it for other things, such as spoon bending, or healing, or whatever.

Harry the Juggler
8th December 2009, 03:19 PM
I can bend spoons, but it is a magic trick. It requires good patter (talking rhythm/timing), very good misdirection and timing, and - depending on the spoon bending trick - sleight of hand.

I'll make a spoon bend right in front of your eyes. It'll look paranormal, but I guarantee you that no supernatural powers are employed..

How can you bend a solid metal spoon by using NEW !? What are the mechanics behind it ? Do you heat up the metal by focusing "energy" at a point in you fingers ? That would have to be huge temps to bend a metal spoon. How much did it bend ? Can you repeat it ?

I have never witnessed someone bend a spoon without noticing them employ some kind of deception. Uri Geller claimed to bend spoons with his "mystical powers". He was was however simply a magician falsely claiming to have paranormal powers, there is no doubting that.

CFTraveler
8th December 2009, 04:08 PM
If you ever come to my house, I'll do it for you.
What you do (I assume you're familiar with NEW, since you've known Robert for years.) You prestimulate your arms and legs, then 'sponge up' an energy ball, and then run the ball from hand to hand, until it feels 'substantial'. Then you grab your spoon, from tip to tip, and you run the ball through the spoon as you run it from side to side. I also like to involve the heart chakra, it seems to make it more 'feelable'. Once the spoon starts to feel warm, you just bend it.
I've seen the 'paranormal' spoon bending, and it looks like the spoon melts- this is not done this way, the spoon barely changes temperature, but it feels more malleable.
I don't think running energy through your hands is 'paranormal', it's just that we don't usually think of it being able to do that, and when I bend a spoon it doesn't get melty, it just has more 'give'.
Sure, from a skeptical point of view, you could say I've 'auto-suggested' myself to feel that I can do it, and I can (and I have teeny tiny hands, lol). Sort of how in Karate you can break a board, something you wouldn't be able to do if not in the right frame of mind.
And I did it once at the workshop (actually, about 95% of people did, only a handful didn't), and I did it once again last year (last April, to be more exact) for my husband and son who never saw me do it before. I confess my son was very impressed- I won some authority points then. :)

Harry the Juggler
9th December 2009, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the reply and insight into the NEW spoon bending technique :)

It is difficult to separate phenomena such as auto-suggestion from the ultimate explanation of what is going on in a spoon bending demonstration .

What do you think the energy is doing to the spoon ? You do mention that the spoons becomes more "malleable" and has greater "give" once it has had sufficient energy pass through it. This might imply that the spoon gets softer. If that was the case then it would be reasonable to conclude that the pressure/force that is required - by your fingers - to bend the NEW energised spoon would be less then that of a spoon that has not been NEW energised.

If this is the case then it would be interesting to gauge the force (with the necessary tool ) required by your fingers to bend a spoon. If the NEW method was indeed "softening" the spoon metal then there would be a definite discrepancy in the forces used by your fingers. The NEW energised spoon would require less force from your fingers then the non-energised spoon.

I think if a group of people got some serious experiments like this happening then we would most definitely be able to encourage people to think of it as more then just "paranormal" or "supernatural" activity. I am pretty confidant that most people this day and age would still view the act of running unseen energy back-and-forwards through a spoon in an effort to make it bend easier as being paranormal, supernatural, or just plain strange :) Maybe some group has already tried these experiments with a modicum of success ?

ButterflyWoman
9th December 2009, 06:48 AM
You're making a critical assumption here, and that's what's throwing off your understanding.

Don't try to bend the spoon. That's impossible. Only know the truth: there is no spoon.

Yes, that's from The Matrix, but it's still completely correct.

Harry the Juggler
9th December 2009, 10:12 AM
There is no spoon. There is no TV. There is no chair. There is no guitar. There is no titanium. etc etc

I am that I am. Indeed.

If knowing (realising, becoming, uniting ?) that "Truth" is all that is required to bend a spoon then why can't those same people who bend spoons also bend a TV or guitar ? Why can't someone who bends spoons also bend chairs or titanium rods ? Because if what you say is true then there is NO difference between a spoon, a TV, a bike, or anything else for that matter. If one has a sufficient "realisation" to bend a spoon then why would that exact same "realisation" be insufficient for bending a titanium rod ? Both items are attributable to "not" which I assume are both the same qualities of "notness". If this is the case then this homogeneous quality of "notness" should be equally susceptible to the truth "realisation" of the spoon bender in question.

EDIT: I added "to the" to the last sentence.

ButterflyWoman
9th December 2009, 11:40 AM
It wasn't really about the spoon you know. My fault. I'll stop.

CFTraveler
9th December 2009, 03:51 PM
Because I have teeny tiny hands.
JK, I don't know how it works, just that it does. I'm afraid that if I try to analyze it too much, it won't work. And it's cool, so I'm happy with the energy 'softening' the metal or 'self suggestion' making me realize I'm stronger than I think I am. Either way, I win.

Neil Templar
9th December 2009, 07:42 PM
it's so difficult to eat my soup with those goddam bent spoons!! :P
please stop it! :wink:

ButterflyWoman
9th December 2009, 08:55 PM
it's so difficult to eat my soup with those goddam bent spoons!!
Only know the truth. There is no soup.

:mrgreen: :P

Ouroboros
9th December 2009, 09:04 PM
it's so difficult to eat my soup with those goddam bent spoons!!
Only know the truth. There is no soup.

:mrgreen: :P

Figures. No wonder I'm still hungry.

Mishell
9th December 2009, 09:10 PM
:lol:

SiriusTraveler
29th August 2012, 01:10 PM
CFT wrote:

Once thespoon starts to feel warm, you just bend it.

So by, "just bend the spoon" you mean with your mind right? Considering the fact that you are holding it with both your hands I have to ask. :)

CFTraveler
29th August 2012, 02:00 PM
No, I do it with my teeny-tiny hands. I'm not sure I could do it with my mind, because I don't consider it a 'realization' exercise, but an 'energy sending' exercise. At least, I've never tried it that way.

I can't believe I'm expounding on this, but here goes:
There are things that are doable (by me) by realizing they can be done. This is usually an 'Aha' moment, a change in perspective, sometimes permanent, most of the time temporary. Those are the best, but most of the time, are the rarest. For me.

Other times, I 'learn' how to do this as a technique that uses physical laws as interpreted by me. There is nothing earth-shaking about this, I just run energy through the spoon until it gets warm, (because it's how I learned to do it), and then bend it, as it's now soft metal. I know that for some, 'running energy through a metal spoon' sounds impossible, but not for me; however, I see it as a mechanical thing- but to bend it with my mind, would require a #1 step, or a mechanical knowledge of how to apply mental pressure with my imagination, and have it result in a bent spoon. I have tried to do PK this way and it has never worked (as a younger kid, we did stuff like this with my dad for fun) but because it didn't work then, using a 'imagining' technique, I have already preprogrammed myself to not have it work *that way*. The mind is harder to untrain than it is to train- or so is the reality I have convinced myself of.
Maybe that's why I gravitate towards "how to" approaches- a lot easier to get that 'moments of reality changing inspiration'. Which is my bad, of course.