PDA

View Full Version : Energy drawn via hands vs. feet

andyvalery
16th August 2009, 06:37 AM
Hello

Robert Bruce says in Part 2, section 13 of Astral Dynamics that when you "join your arms into the energy flow... This increases overall energy flow as well as drawing in different types of energies...", what are these different types of energies and what makes them different?

Any links to literature on the theory behind this would also be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

andy

Timotheus
16th August 2009, 05:12 PM
:wink:

CFTraveler
16th August 2009, 05:30 PM
I suspect Robert is talking about ambient energy vs. energy-body energy. He has said before that all energy is the same, but we can adapt it to what we need (it's in his book Energy Work) by transmuting it (like fire energy to water energy) but energy is essentially what it is- energy.

Tom
16th August 2009, 06:29 PM
The best way to find out is to try it.

andyvalery
17th August 2009, 02:17 AM
Thanks CF,

Are you saying ambient energy and energy-body energy is drawn through the hands and the feet respectively?
I get the impression that the nature of the energy drawn through the hands is different to that drawn through the feet, but what do i know? I'm new to this. Sure enough energy is energy, but just as you said, there is 'ambient energy' and a different 'energy-body energy', so there are still different kinds of energies or at least differentiations of the one?

Tom,

I was inquiring more so on the nature of these energies and what makes them different depending on whether the hands or feet are used. As far as I can tell, they do indeed feel the same and cause the same sensations in both my hands and feet, as CF inferred.

CFTraveler
17th August 2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks CF,

Are you saying ambient energy and energy-body energy is drawn through the hands and the feet respectively? No, the hands and feet are very sensitive to energy, but any part of your body can be an entry or exit point for energy. Traditionally the crown, hands and feet can be either entry or exit points for energy-flow direction, but it depends on which direction you take when you move it.

I get the impression that the nature of the energy drawn through the hands is different to that drawn through the feet, but what do i know? I'm new to this. Sure enough energy is energy, but just as you said, there is 'ambient energy' and a different 'energy-body energy', so there are still different kinds of energies or at least differentiations of the one? I would say that energy is energy, but intention and movement program it to do different things.

andyvalery
18th August 2009, 02:13 AM
Okay, thanks.

So, back to my original question regarding what Robert Bruce writes in Astral Dynamics at the top of page 160 under the sub-title Joining Arms into Full-Body Circuit: what is meant by "drawing in different types of energies through your hands" as opposed to the energy drawn through the feet?
I've read ahead and it doesn't seem there is a deeper explanation for this. Perhaps i should read Energy Work, but i was hoping i could get a simple, if not simplified answer to my question, or in the least, links to literature summarising this difference.

CFTraveler
18th August 2009, 04:12 PM
Okay, thanks.

So, back to my original question regarding what Robert Bruce writes in Astral Dynamics at the top of page 160 under the sub-title Joining Arms into Full-Body Circuit: what is meant by "drawing in different types of energies through your hands" as opposed to the energy drawn through the feet? He is not comparing the hands to the feet, he is simply stating that making the arms part of the exercise increases its ability to take in energy through the hands.

I've read ahead and it doesn't seem there is a deeper explanation for this. Perhaps i should read Energy Work, but i was hoping i could get a simple, if not simplified answer to my question, or in the least, links to literature summarising this difference. I don't know that there is a deeper explanation for it, as the hands and feet are both portals for drawing energy in or directing it out. It depends on what you're doing.
For example, in grounding the feet drain energy to the earth, while in healing energy is drawn in from the feet and out the hands. So there is no fundamental difference, it's what you do with it.

In Energy Work I will quote to you what he says about the hands and feet:

Apart from breathing, the hands and feet are the main portals of subtle energy into your body. Imagine these as being like the vital roots and leaves of the tree. Energy cannot be raised or projected effectively until the hands and feet become sensitized and conditioned to a higher flow of subtle energy. - Energy Work, -chapter on Running Energy, p. 39.

CFTraveler
18th August 2009, 04:40 PM
I found more references, both by Robert in the website and in different posts:

It's not going to simplify anything, it will however give you more information to decide what the answer is.

Here, (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/new-energy-ways/hand-arm-development.html) Robert says:

The energy body also exchanges and draws energies into itself through the hands, from a variety of different sources. Rather than over-complicating matters here, it is best to think of these energies as being simply atmospheric subtle energies. Atmospheric energies have different qualities from the more earthly energies which flow into the feet and legs. The hands, like the feet, contain heavy concentrations of energy exchange ports in the palms and undersides of fingers.

Heart Healing method: http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... index.html (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/healing/index.html)

Forum post about all these themes, types of energy and what the ports do:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8253&p=63499& (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8253&p=63499&)

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8226&p=64144 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8226&p=64144)

andyvalery
19th August 2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks CF, and thanks for the links.
I understand what you were getting at now and how i misinterpreted RB's statement.

cheers.

CFTraveler
19th August 2009, 03:10 PM
Yet you weren't wrong. :wink:

FaithNoMore
20th August 2009, 06:34 PM
The best way to find out is to try it.

I agree with Tom here.

I've been experimenting with hand mudras and finding their effects profound. I do not yet understand what is going on, but just know that they definitely work. The basic interlocking of the hands is in itself a mudra.

Crystalcave13
7th June 2012, 07:26 AM
Hi, my name is Nathan, and I am new to this website as well as this forum, and the same can be said in regards to energy work/meditation, etc.. I have been doing energy work for a little bit over a week now, as well as keeping a journal of my experiences day to day. I have noticed that even when I am doing energy work on my hands, my feet will begin to tingle, or become stimulated, or even when I am sitting watching tv and someone mentions the word 'foot', they begin to tingle as well, sometimes randomly with a lot of tingling/fuzzing. Now I was wondering what does it mean if an area such as my feet are active even if I am not working on them or working on another area of my body means? They seem a bit overactive, but not to the point where it seems uncomfortable. Even if I just think about them, I begin to feel tingling. I know they are coming out of dormancy, but yet not sure what to make of it. Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks

CFTraveler
7th June 2012, 02:56 PM
The feet and the hands are the two most sensitive parts of the body. So it's not that they're more active, it's that you feel when it's happening now that you have opened up your awareness to this process. This happened to me at first, my feet (especially the soles) were tingling and buzzing all the time. But you get used to it and then it slows down with time.