PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities

andyvalery
20th August 2009, 09:05 AM
Hello

In case you don't know, I'm a lowly musician trying to make it in the business and as much as I want my music to be accepted by as wide an audience as possible, I can't help but fear the ramifications of being a public figure. As with any art, some love it and some will abhor it, to the point where personal hate results.

I think you can guess my question: how do celebrities have it, from a mystic and spiritual standpoint?
Is anyone out there a celebrity? (Admins and Moderators do not qualify :P )

Beekeeper
20th August 2009, 10:58 AM
Celebrities are no different to the rest of us. Their situation is particularly set up for their spiritual progress. Obviously, being creative allows tremendous potential for spiritual growth. Wealth, influence and fame can be distractions or they can actually be tools for progress. Any strength can also be a weakness. Like us, they have the potential to make mistakes, learn from them and become more true to who they really are.

In the After Death Zone the celebrity is no more elevated than anyone else. If they become too attached to their life on earth there is the possibility of becoming earthbound spirits for a period, as with anyone else. Some mediums believe that mass mourning for celebrities may make their transition more difficult.

I'd read recently that much of the creativity of the phenomenally talented is the result of their unconscious channeling of the creativity of spirits that have passed and that influence them beyond the grave. The thing I read (sorry, can't remember where) suggested that upon passing the celebrity will see how little he/she had to do with the originating of their art. Don't know about that one.

andyvalery
20th August 2009, 12:49 PM
Hey Beekeeper,

Those last two points are very interesting.
I've often wondered how an emotional connection on a global scale could affect the spirit of the public figure that has passed away, if you have any references on this topic, I'd be very interested to read up on it.

The final point you brought up is particularly interesting, as I once wrote a song upon hearing about the death of a close friend's sister who had formed a thrombus that lodged in her brain while sitting an exam. I heard the news later in the evening and wept. After letting it all out I grabbed a pen and paper and jotted down some lyrics in one sitting and the accompanying music the next day - the song literally wrote itself. I'm still amazed by the words that came through the pen that night.

Hehe, I realise celebrities are just human beings like the rest of us, but I was asking how the life of a celebrity may be affected by subconscious psychic attack specifically, especially with regard to those who are unnecessarily 'hated'.

ButterflyWoman
20th August 2009, 01:14 PM
I realise celebrities are just human beings like the rest of us, but I was asking how the life of a celebrity may be affected by subconscious psychic attack specifically, especially with regard to those who are unnecessarily 'hated'.
I think that may well happen. While some people seem naturally less vulnerable to psychic attack, those who are more sensitive to it or more poorly defended (i.e., have poor boundaries in a psychological sense) are probably quite at risk when they're in the public eye. I've seen it happen just on the net, when some person or another becomes too prominent and too well known, they become subject to all manner of negativity and nastiness, including psychic attack. I can only imagine what it would be like if you were so well known that your face is on the cover of magazines and your name is synonymous with a certain kind of public image.

Palehorse Redivivus
20th August 2009, 08:21 PM
I've had conversations about this before -- IMO in an ideal world, celebs would be given lessons in maintaining strong personal boundaries at the energetic level. Just being able to extrapolate the issues *I've* had from not having very strong personal boundaries and being overloaded by other peoples "stuff" in the past, without being famous, I can only imagine. I can remember going to some concerts and feeling energetically beaten up afterward before I learned what to do about it for instance -- and I was just a guy in the crowd; I'd imagine having that projected straight at you every single night could get pretty intense, especially if one was sensitive. I've also thought that things could get especially problematic for child stars, who start out without much of a sense of their own personal space, and may never learn how to establish it. I think superstardom could be done in a comfortable and healthy way, but lots of grounding and filtering would be crucial, unless one is somehow naturally super shielded and grounded.

This could explain a lot about why celebs seem disproportionately likely to go a bit nuts, IMO. If I were some of them, I'd probably be a bit nuts too, heh. Well... moreso anyway.

ButterflyWoman
20th August 2009, 11:10 PM
This could explain a lot about why celebs seem disproportionately likely to go a bit nuts, IMO.
*nod* Exactly.

Beekeeper
21st August 2009, 07:45 AM
Andy, I think you'd like this (http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html)
There may have been something in one of Victor Zammit's recent reports: http://www.victorzammit.com/archives/index.html
If I find any links, I'll post them.

Timotheus
21st August 2009, 03:20 PM
:D

watrinh
22nd August 2009, 05:14 AM
I'd read recently that much of the creativity of the phenomenally talented is the result of their unconscious channeling of the creativity of spirits that have passed and that influence them beyond the grave. The thing I read (sorry, can't remember where) suggested that upon passing the celebrity will see how little he/she had to do with the originating of their art. Don't know about that one.

I always believed that the origin of the creativity was actually channeled down to our 3rd dimensional minds in the form of different rays of light and love forces. I remember from somewhere that there are spiritual beings (not sure if they're dead people or actual higher beings) that actually channel the energies to the collective unconscious of humans. We as humans, when we try to create something, actually pick up on these energies and help it to manifest into our reality. Music is one of these manifestations.

I also learned somewhere that a majority of the conscious humans use is not actually our own, but it is of the physical body by itself. The thoughts that are generated by the body itself is based on the different cycles of the solar system, which essentially are our gates of consciousness. Essentially, they're not thoughts, but subtle energies at different cycles that registers in our minds as thoughts.

Beekeeper
22nd August 2009, 06:15 AM
And so it may be, Watrinh. So much of what we accept as true is what we accepted through our cultural conditioning but we don't really know for certain from whence ideas and creativity comes. I'm just glad that there is so much the human being is capable of creating that brings such joy to the senses and elevates the spirit or challenges and extends belief.

andyvalery
23rd August 2009, 04:08 AM
OlderWiser and Palehorse, you guys are scaring me... not to sound cocky. Though I am confident, which is neccessary for any budding artist, I believe.

Thanks for the links, Beekeeper and Timotheus.
BK, Elizabeth Gilbert was very intriguing and very humourous indeed. What do you think will happen to art as humans develop their spiritual powers? Do you reckon we could ever become fully aware of these 'creative energies'? A world where everyone could tap into these energies and utilise it fully would be interesting...

Tim, hahaha! I thoroughly enjoyed that, I'm very attracted to African American soul at the moment, I'm not familiar with Billy Davis, however, so I might check it out. It was fate. Touching words, also.

Palehorse Redivivus
23rd August 2009, 04:25 AM
CaterpillarWoman and Palehorse, you guys are scaring me... not to sound cocky. Though I am confident, which is neccessary for any budding artist, I believe.

I don't see it as cocky at all. If you have a dream, then go for it, and part of "going for it" means believing in yourself enough to make it happen. :) I'm just sayin'... when it does happen, knowledge of boundaries and grounding will be a useful thing to have, if you're having the energy, thoughts and emotion of large numbers of people projected at you, and having to interact with a lot of those people on a regular basis.

That said, I myself started out in this lifetime with a lot less functional personal boundaries than seems to be normal for the average person, and as I've gotten more sensitive to energy since taking up energy work and other practices, this got to be a serious problem until I learned how to establish them almost from scratch. So, don't let my experience scare ya; just keep it in mind in case it ever does become an issue; protecting yourself in that way isn't all that involved, really.

Beekeeper
23rd August 2009, 07:51 AM
If you think about it, there are a number of professions where people deal with the collective energies of many. It may not be of the magnitude of a celebrity but it could be quite a large number of connections over many years. Watching the referee at my son's game on the weekend gave me this thought. Imagine all that anger and hatred directed at you if you don't call it the way they want it. The same could be said for court judges, politicians, the police and teachers. Perhaps, in the case of the celebrity, there's some kind of equal exchange: they receive the adulation as a form of energy in exchange for the pleasure their art generates or adulation cancels scorn. In the case of the court judge, maybe the gratitude of the victimised balances the hatred of the convicted. Or, perhaps, the collective belief in the need for people to do such jobs provides some kind of protection. Undertaking such a path could conceivably be a part of learning the lesson of self-belief and setting boundaries. It would take quite a lot of self-knowledge to deal with the media and remain balanced.

BK, Elizabeth Gilbert was very intriguing and very humourous indeed. What do you think will happen to art as humans develop their spiritual powers? Do you reckon we could ever become fully aware of these 'creative energies'? A world where everyone could tap into these energies and utilise it fully would be interesting...

Anything is possible. :D

Timotheus
23rd August 2009, 05:45 PM

CFTraveler
23rd August 2009, 07:17 PM
alternative cautionary rhetoric (bs). That's a keeper, Tim.

ButterflyWoman
23rd August 2009, 10:58 PM
you guys are scaring me...
Fear is your biggest enemy.

As for the psychic attacks, etc., you just need to educate yourself on the matter of psychic self protection and start practicing it. Establish good psychological boundaries, use energy shielding (easy to do and it becomes a habit after a while) to deflect potential energetic attacks, etc.

As noted, some people are naturally less vulnerable to that sort of thing, and the rest of us have to learn it (or we go insane or suffer in other ways). Being in the public eye WILL draw a lot of attention and energies that you don't want messing with you. Learn now how to protect yourself and it won't be an issue. :)

Timotheus
24th August 2009, 12:20 AM

Kashmirror
24th December 2009, 12:53 AM
Britt. Spears must have been over-shawdowed all those times--and have you heard about Mich. Jackson's Fancy Sleep Bed? I think most of Celeb's know what's going on here- Madonna's Spiritual Transformation? Come one now, To be on Top- You Must know how to Project- just think about it.

Beekeeper
24th December 2009, 08:01 AM
The alternative theory about celebrities such as Britney and Madonna is that they are largely "young souls", still relatively new from the source:

YOUNG SOULS

Having mastered the Infant and Baby Soul issues of survival, discipline and order, the essence is now looking to see how powerful it can become in the world.

Independence and the ability to get what one wants out of life are the driving force of the Young Soul stage. Seizing what the physical plane has to offer, vying to gain positions of prominence, power and great wealth, causes this to become the most competitive period in the whole cycle of lifetimes. Those who are expressing themselves from a Young Soul perceptivity will tend towards a sort of tape measure mentality that makes them monitor who among them has the hottest investments, the most lavish parties, the most important friends, the greatest weekly aerobic output, the tallest building, fastest motorcycle, broadest shoulders, thinnest hips or heaviest diamonds. The most powerful places in the world--Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, Israel, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Canada and the United States--all express a strong Young Soul perceptivity. Everybody growing up in these places, regardless of soul age, will receive Young Soul imprinting or conditioning about how to act, think, look, and feel in order to be a success. Japan is now the example par excellence of this: an extremely competitive, focused society where even having fun looks competitive. Often, there's no time off on the way up!

Ambition is important with the attitude being, "There is you and there is me, and I am going to win." There is a great drive to get ahead. In the process of getting to the top, it doesn't matter too much what needs to be done or who's stepped on or over.....
Because they are desirous of making something of themselves and leaving their mark on the world, Young Souls can be tireless workers. We owe them our efficiency, much of our high technology, our military might, and our continual push to make things happen and change. ....

Because Young Souls are not emotionally open, they tend to make poor parents who don't make strong feeling connections with their children. However they will buy their children everything they can afford. Like the prototype Yuppie baby in an Aprica stroller and exquisite French togs, children become status objects for their parents. These children with expensive toys, haircuts, cars and educations, will be pushed to excel in all they do from nursery school through college, to marriage and career. Those successes will reflect favorably back on the status-seeking parent. Children are not pushed to express their feelings.

Because Young Souls are heavily identified with their bodies and really not sure that consciousness survives it, we have cryogenic suspension; plastic surgery for noses and elbows, thighs and chins, breasts and waists; a booming multi-billion dollar industry devoted to beauty products for men and women; and an incredibly huge and costly (Young Soul, high-tech) medical system which intends on keeping everyone alive as long as possible regardless of desires, costs, pain, or quality of life.

As superb manipulators of the environment, humans are unequivocally good at the Young Soul phase. Winning out over rivals, gaining acclaim, power and money make them feel on top of the world. In spite of incredible stress--and fears about losing--this is an essentially exciting, fulfilling time. Because the earth just now completing its Young Soul phase, acknowledgement for Young Souls, who are already outgoing go-getters, comes along quite easily. Towards the end of the Young set of lifetimes, people will start to experiment more with food and sex. They'll likely become adventurous with extensive travel, both to experience the world, their oyster, and to gain status among peers.

Creativity begins opening up during this phase, although it comes to a fuller fruition in the Mature phase. Many, many people rise to fame and prominence during this period; we find movie stars, TV anchors, singers, comedians, politicians, executives, religious leaders, Nobel prize-winners, Hollywood producers, authors, and people like Donald ♥♥♥♥♥ and J. Paul Getty, who get so rich they get famous.....

http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_ages.html#young