PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Question - Overcoming Certain Fears

Rasilun
20th August 2009, 11:34 PM
Hello! First off, I love this site!!! I am at the very beginning stages of Astral Projection. I have read a few books and have been curious about it for several years but lacked the time and full motivation to give it my full attention. A lot of it was also because of fear like most people I have spoken too about it. A lot of things were confusing because every book I read had a little bit of a different view point on the subject just as the readings here have a different view. Here is where I realized how important your chakras are in your work. One book I read only used 3 chakras and didn't even really use the word to define them as chakras. Just said "balls of energy". I realized that once you really begin and start to get "in tune" that this is a lifelong adventure, research and simply the maintenance of your spiritual side so to speak. It's not just "oh I can astral project now". I have gone through all the chapters of astral projection and starting on some other areas of this site and will be ordering the books very soon. If it wasn't for ROPE and the personalized literature in the readings here I don't know if I would have gotten this far (and I haven't even intentionally projected yet. I have 3 times in life all on accident). Sorry, I'll get to my questions, I just have to get the excitement out! :D

I hear a little bit about protection in everything I read. I understand (to a point) that these negatives come in all different aspects of beings and I do cast a circle of protection when I am in practice. I am married and have 2 little girls and I worry like any father.

Will my activities draw on negative forces and affect life greater than before opening my spiritual side?

Should I take the Self-Defense techniques given on this site and apply them in everyday life or are these more for the stories you hear about happening (possession and what not)?

I have heard that nothing can ever harm you during Astral Projection and there is nothing to worry about. But, I have also heard that every step should be taken to protect yourself and the people around you during these activity's. Which one is correct? :?:

I think this is the biggest barrier that I am working on overcoming right now. Fear of anything and everything seems to penetrate the mind so easily and is so hard to overcome especially when you get mixed answers. I just had someone on another site tell me to only practice in my home at a place I consider extremely sacred to me and follow the protection techniques because I explained that I was using my lunch hour at work to attempt a projection in my car where I could be alone. Now I agree, my car isn't the garden that I want to be in... but I have read about people training themselves to do it in the subway where there is extremely high noises and distractions. I hope all this makes sense and please remember, I am very new but progressing to a point of certain belief and obvious reality. I don't live around anyone I can talk to in person (which is another small side of fear). I want this to happen at every level and know that I can do it. If I can just get over the fear of "will I bring negative things into my house that could affect my family? etc...".

I appreciate anyone's help in advance!

CFTraveler
21st August 2009, 12:54 AM
Hello! First off, I love this site!!! I am at the very beginning stages of Astral Projection. I have read a few books and have been curious about it for several years but lacked the time and full motivation to give it my full attention. A lot of it was also because of fear like most people I have spoken too about it. A lot of things were confusing because every book I read had a little bit of a different view point on the subject just as the readings here have a different view. Here is where I realized how important your chakras are in your work. One book I read only used 3 chakras and didn't even really use the word to define them as chakras. Just said "balls of energy". I realized that once you really begin and start to get "in tune" that this is a lifelong adventure, research and simply the maintenance of your spiritual side so to speak. It's not just "oh I can astral project now". I have gone through all the chapters of astral projection and starting on some other areas of this site and will be ordering the books very soon. If it wasn't for ROPE and the personalized literature in the readings here I don't know if I would have gotten this far (and I haven't even intentionally projected yet. I have 3 times in life all on accident). Sorry, I'll get to my questions, I just have to get the excitement out! :D Hi and welcome to the site.

I hear a little bit about protection in everything I read. I understand (to a point) that these negatives come in all different aspects of beings and I do cast a circle of protection when I am in practice. I am married and have 2 little girls and I worry like any father.
I can understand this, being a wife and a mother myself.

Will my activities draw on negative forces and affect life greater than before opening my spiritual side? It won't attract anything specifically negative, but it will make you aware of what's there already, and sometimes you can give nonspecific energy a threatening form due to your fear. It's like putting on microscopic goggles- all of a sudden you can see the viruses and bacteria (most of them not harmful) that are in the air and surfaces around you, some of them scary looking.

Should I take the Self-Defense techniques given on this site and apply them in everyday life or are these more for the stories you hear about happening (possession and what not)? Passive countermeasures, such as running water and others like that are effective in general, so it doesn't hurt to use them ocassionally, but I'd say prayer and meditation are good no matter what. I guess what I'm saying is that none of this will hurt, but you may not need it.

I have heard that nothing can ever harm you during Astral Projection and there is nothing to worry about. But, I have also heard that every step should be taken to protect yourself and the people around you during these activity's. Which one is correct? :?: They are both correct. Think of it like this: When you go to sleep at night you project into your dream zones and ocassionally into the collective unconscious. You are not affected by it because you are not aware of it. But awareness and fear can cause unpleasant experiences, something that can be avoided if you feel secure from the get-go.
So it's not that you need to protect yourself, it's that doing it will make you feel secure and you won't project your fears into your experiences.

I think this is the biggest barrier that I am working on overcoming right now. Fear of anything and everything seems to penetrate the mind so easily and is so hard to overcome especially when you get mixed answers. I just had someone on another site tell me to only practice in my home at a place I consider extremely sacred to me and follow the protection techniques because I explained that I was using my lunch hour at work to attempt a projection in my car where I could be alone. Now I agree, my car isn't the garden that I want to be in... but I have read about people training themselves to do it in the subway where there is extremely high noises and distractions. I hope all this makes sense and please remember, I am very new but progressing to a point of certain belief and obvious reality. I don't live around anyone I can talk to in person (which is another small side of fear). I want this to happen at every level and know that I can do it. If I can just get over the fear of "will I bring negative things into my house that could affect my family? etc...". Frankly, the only danger I see in doing it in a workplace is, that you have more chances of being interrupted, and will indeed not feel as secure because it's not 'your space', although a quick prayer and casting the circle (as you said you already do) may go a long way into 'claiming your space'. It just doesn't seem like it would be conducive to relaxation, not to mention the fact that to project you need to trance, and if you start associating the workplace with trance you may fall asleep when you're supposed to be working.
And, you may also encounter your workmates' projected doubles, and you may not want that. After all, it's 'their' space too, not just yours.
But really, unless it's a terribly negative place to work in, I wouldn't worry about it in terms of negative entities.

Rasilun
22nd August 2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the advice CFTraveler. That clears a lot up for me! :D :D :D