PDA

View Full Version : Morning Meditation Difficulties?

naturebeliever
27th August 2009, 03:55 AM
(Just skip to the bottom if you are pressed for time)

I know that I should meditate, but I have really never learned how. I often make pathetic attempts at meditation in aim of reaching an altered mental state. I usually do this at night, right before I sleep, as I lay there in bed. I am often too tired to maintain a strong focus and usually fall asleep within 10 minutes. In light of this, I have started trying to meditate at different times.

Specifically, I've started meditating in the early morning, right after I wake up as I still lay there in bed. But I find that I still cannot concentrate due to the fact that my early-morning heart rate starts to gradually climb and my blood flow increases around my body (a feeling kind of like after you drink coffee) which makes me very fidgety :shock: . So, I just I cannot stay still. I shift, move, squirm right there in bed as I am trying to hold focus. If I tense up and force myself to stay still, it seems that my heart starts thumping even more forcefully as if try to compensate rigidity of my limbs and send blood on through despite the extra tension. This results in discomfort and I usually decide to end my meditation attempt there. Brings me to my Question:

What meditation difficulties might some of you have had, and how do you overcome them? And if you can give some good guidelines for meditation (technique, etc) in general that would help greatly as I am a beginner.

CFTraveler
27th August 2009, 01:50 PM
Frankly, what I think is happening is that your heart chakra is becoming active. If this is the case, I'd try to ignore the heart sensations and find something else to do other than try to hold an 'empty mind' focus. Stuff like energy body loosening, or deep breathing ( trying to spread out the heart chakra sensations all over your body), visualizations such as 'going up steps' or listening to your earhiss and focusing on the blobs/vision screens that appear in front of you, and finally, an exit technique or two.

naturebeliever
28th August 2009, 03:14 AM
Frankly, what I think is happening is that your heart chakra is becoming active. If this is the case, I'd try to ignore the heart sensations and find something else to do other than try to hold an 'empty mind' focus. Stuff like energy body loosening, or deep breathing ( trying to spread out the heart chakra sensations all over your body), visualizations such as 'going up steps' or listening to your earhiss and focusing on the blobs/vision screens that appear in front of you, and finally, an exit technique or two.

Hmmm....Yes, I will try that. Thanks!