PDA

View Full Version : Use the unsed brain.

JoSac
31st August 2009, 02:18 AM
I don't know if any one will have an answer but I figured to ask ne ways.

They say we only use like 40% of our brain. Does any one have any idea on how to tap into the rest and use it, or what it does?

Thanks JS

ButterflyWoman
31st August 2009, 06:21 AM
They say we only use like 40% of our brain. Does any one have any idea on how to tap into the rest and use it, or what it does?
I think that's a pretty random figure, personally, and it's a very old one. Modern methods of neuroscience research (such as MRI, brainwave patterns, etc.) have shown that we use most of our brain, just not all at the same time, and we do different things with different areas.

There are parts of the brain that are largely "unused", but in my opinion (and that of some neuroscientists), the reason for the "extra" brain tissue is to have something to spare if it's needed. Brain injury patients can actually recover certain lost abilities by training previously unused parts of the brain, for example.

In the long run, the brain is just an organ, like any other. The mind, on the other hand, is a lot trickier.... ;)

Neil Templar
31st August 2009, 11:28 AM
i also wonder if the "unused" parts of the brain are going to become "activated" as we progress in our growth in consciousness... in the same way that our "junk" DNA is supposedly becoming un-"junked" and activated.. :?

Tom
31st August 2009, 02:27 PM
What prompted the question?