PDA

View Full Version : The Advantages of Energy work?

Knewman
1st September 2009, 06:18 AM
I was curious I am currently awaiting the arrival of MAP in the mail in the next few days..I am very excited to get started... I was wondering what are the advantages of energy work..(Aside from astral projection) Thanks

ButterflyWoman
1st September 2009, 09:10 AM
Benefits I've gotten have been both direct and subtle. In the direct ways, I've found that I can use energy to manage pain and generate healing. I also suspect that I've had a lot of healing that is less obvious but still because of the energy work. This includes both physical and emotional healing.

In spiritual areas (though, really, it's difficult to separate the "spiritual" from the "mental"), I've had ever-increasing awareness blossom, and keep blossoming. In fact, as I wrote that, I was reminded of a visualisation/metaphor used in Buddhism, of a lotus that opens and constantly blooms, with ever more petals that appear in the centre. I get that now. :)

CFTraveler
1st September 2009, 02:32 PM
I found energy work very beneficial in many aspects:
For one, (I know it's not what you asked) but it helped control my projections, and increased my awareness in dreams.
Physically, it also helped improve (I want to say 'cured', but I shouldn't) a chronic backache problem that was very very troublesome, and somewhat recently it helped my son manage pain also after some surgery he had. The nurses were amazed, actually.
I have a friend who was recovering from lymph node surgery, and I taught her to do sponging. She reported to me she believes sponging helped her recover faster from her operation. Of course this is hearsay, this is her perception.

ariesr
1st September 2009, 06:26 PM
I'd say it was fundamental to many practises, whether it be medium, clairvoyant, healer, shamanism, satanism, Astral Projector and so on......

All part of a layered approach which involves energy work firstly, altered state (trance or otherwise) and then rituals (for focus and intentions).

iadnon
10th September 2009, 10:50 PM
There's another use I read somewhere.

As long as we, humans, are linked together, the most evolved a subject is (in this case I'm talking in energy means) the most positive effect he does to the global net.

There's another astrological explanation. If you see an astrological wheel you'll notice it's divided in 12 parts. Each part is associated with some aspect of your life, but they're also linked to different people (relatives, friends, bosses...). So if you are able to reinforce any of them (let's assume they're weak or tensioned) through energy practice you open new paths so the energy can flow better in such fields or people, doing them good.

And a last one... for me, energy work, it's like an inner massage. I suffer from scoliosis, and moving energy in my lower back is so tension-releasing.

LadySegesta
23rd December 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm using MAP right now too. I noticed a couple of days into it I was more aware of myself as a whole. I also realized how much psychic potential I had. I'm still using MAP of course, but I'm also looking into more psychic/spiritual development areas on the side, like vision screen-building, etc.