PDA

View Full Version : Techniques of Astral Combat by G Traveler

sono
3rd September 2009, 05:37 AM
I have just downloaded this book off the net; has anyone read it? There is almost NOTHING in it that fits in with my experiences or world/astral-view. . . .he maintains (I'll try to be brief) that few of us survive the "disintegration of death", & that one needs to develop a strong Personal Archetype to do so.

He gives a method of training which involves viewing oneself nude in a mirror in a dimly-lit room, so as to have absolute clarity as regards one's own appearance from all angles, & so not present oneself as formless in the astral worlds. This makes some slight sense to me, as he mentions that attachments etc usually form on a person's BACK,as this is an area where one is less "unaware" of one'sown being/shape. . .for some reason, this part resonates with me.

Another interesting point he makes is that astral "objects" hold their particlar shape each for REASON of their own through their INTENT. . .

But he also holds that man is a MATERIAL being & does not belong anywhere higher than the "4th "realm".

The parts about being a Warrior sound like a kind of role playing game to me, though I feel sure it is possible to act these scenarios out in the astral.

But I am a bit intrigued, & would appreciate it if an adept or two (& Ihave a very strong sense that there is someone on these forums who is actually an Astral Warrior!?) would be so kind as to comment - the book is free to download, btw. Will try to find the link & edit in. .

CFTraveler
3rd September 2009, 12:45 PM
When I have time I'll download it, but frankly it sounds like a typical "opinions as facts" thing.