PDA

View Full Version : Strange things with meditation

Blackbird42
4th September 2009, 07:08 AM
Hello fellow travelers,

In june I ordered the Astral Projection companion cd's and was for the moment only interested in the cd-3 I think it was, meditation.
I also am very interested in the energy works which I experienced myself after reading about it and doing some exercises.

Every morning when I get up I set aside 30 minutes to meditate.
In the beginning I used the cd but not any more because I like the quietness where I just am sitting in stillness.
I push away my thoughts and I focus on my breath and on the blackness behind my eyelids just like the cd says.
Sometimes I see images sometimes not but that's ok.

Lately, as of a week ago some strange things are happening.
Firstly, time seems to fly. In the beginning when I tried to meditate 20 minutes was a long time but now it seems to fly and after twenty minutes I just want to continue if I didn't have to go to work. I don't know where the time went but it sure is fast.
But the strangest thing is that sometimes since the last week I see movies of scenery with amazing sharpness and detail which makes me dizzy sometimes and they don't last long, merely seconds and are gone but they seem so real and lifelike that it confuses me because they feel even more real then the outside world which I can see with my eyes.
The dizzyness I feel is because one moment it is all black behind my eyelids and then within the next moment it is there fullblown movies without any hint or warning it just pops up.

Is this supposed to happen? They don't last long, only a moment and the scenery is about nothing. Sometimes I see dots like stars moving, then I fly over a bridge and see it from all sides, then I am in a forest and feel and see everything. I try to hold onto them but can't and they are gone pretty quick and then it is blackness again.

What is happening?

I am not a spiritual kind of guy and don't live a spiritual life. I am open to those things but don't know if this is supposed to happen. I started meditation because I heard many good things about it and because Bruce made it so clear and easy to understand on how to do it that I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks

ButterflyWoman
4th September 2009, 07:53 AM
Firstly, time seems to fly. In the beginning when I tried to meditate 20 minutes was a long time but now it seems to fly and after twenty minutes I just want to continue if I didn't have to go to work. I don't know where the time went but it sure is fast.
Time is relative. You've just proved Einstein's point. :)

You might consider meditating at a time of day when you don't have to go somewhere, too. If you're doing well enough that time is slipping away and you want to continue and go deeper, you should allow yourself the opportunity to do that, if you can.

But the strangest thing is that sometimes since the last week I see movies of scenery with amazing sharpness and detail which makes me dizzy sometimes and they don't last long, merely seconds and are gone but they seem so real and lifelike that it confuses me because they feel even more real then the outside world which I can see with my eyes.
You may be developing some sort of clairvoyance or remote viewing ability, or you may be seeing into the Astral or similar. Why is it confusing? You don't necessarily have to give any weight or consideration to these flashes of scenery and so on. You can just let them pass by the same way you would thoughts.

For what it's worth, I get random flashes of other places, times, lives, all sorts of thigns. For the most part, I don't worry about it or investigate them. If they're important, they'll keep coming back until they make sense. If not, they're just random bits of collective memory, psychic impressions, thoughts, etc., and don't need any attention.

The dizziness will pass as you become more used to these little events. I used to get really awful problems with dizziness, and there was no apparent medical reason for it. Once I adjusted to the new sensations and patterns, it settled down.

I am not a spiritual kind of guy and don't live a spiritual life.
You seem to have a lot of pre-conditioned ideas about what is or is not "spiritual" and what a so-called "spiritual life" is like. Let go of those. You'll be less concerned and a lot freer to just be and experience, without needing to weigh up the whole "spiritual or not spiritual" thing. (Personally, I have evolved to where I see everything as spiritual, but I lead the most mundane, ordinary, unremarkable life you can imagine.)

I am open to those things but don't know if this is supposed to happen.
It is what it is. It's happening. Who can say what is "supposed" to be or not be?

The short answer is, don't worry about it, and see where it leads. It doesn't sound like there's any sort of problem, though.

I started meditation because I heard many good things about it and because Bruce made it so clear and easy to understand on how to do it that I thought I would give it a try.
Meditation does have many documented medical benefits, and many other anecdotal emotional/psychic/spiritual benefits. You sound as if you've already developed an excellent ability to slip into meditative trance, which is great. Now you may (or may not) be seeing some of the potential psychic/spiritual benefits that people sometimes experience.

Sounds to me like you're doing extremely well. I'd certainly encourage you to continue, and even give yourself more meditation time and see how that goes. :)

Blackbird42
4th September 2009, 09:08 AM
Hello CaterpillarWoman

I will continue and that was great advice to treat those images/movies just like thoughts. This helped me a lot because I was easily distracted by them.

Also I will switch to a time where I can meditate without having to stop to leave for work because only now I start to notice that those 20 minutes are indeed becoming too short.

You seem to have a lot of pre-conditioned ideas about what is or is not "spiritual" and what a so-called "spiritual life" is like. Let go of those. You'll be less concerned and a lot freer to just be and experience, without needing to weigh up the whole "spiritual or not spiritual" thing. (Personally, I have evolved to where I see everything as spiritual, but I lead the most mundane, ordinary, unremarkable life you can imagine.)

I love the above part.

I guess this is one of those moments that when the student is ready... lucky there is this forum where I can ask my questions.

Thanks for your advice CaterpillarWoman you helped me a lot. :D