PDA

View Full Version : I've come across this technique

iadnon
4th September 2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_5127325_activate-kundalini.html

Is it worth the effort? It seems too simple to such a goal.

CFTraveler
4th September 2009, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure that the technique is the question, the question is, are you ready for what may happen if you do raise Kundalini?

DonnieJason
7th September 2009, 04:29 AM
"Never attempt activating Kundalini without the instruction of a guru. Activation without instruction may cause permanent mental damage."

:shock:

.......its at the very bottom of the page lol....shouldnt it be at the top or something?

my guess is many people dont actually do it (fully awakened, rising), or get so far then the realization of what can actually happen without a guide or really knowing what to do and how to handle it keeps them from going farther. I personally dont know, so I cant say.

Beekeeper
7th September 2009, 10:59 AM
It's definitely something yoga teachers would avoid teaching to beginners.

I was recently engaging in very strong daily breathing practices, under supervision as I did my training as a yoga teacher. I found it very disruptive and I've done yoga and meditation for over ten years.

In my experience, if you're taking it too far the signs will be there well before a full kundalini event. In my case, the physical sensations were constant and became quite extreme at times with surges of strong activity in my heart, throat and brow centres activating spontaneously throughout the day. It was quite unpleasant and often resulted in the release of blockages that came up through my throat as surges of fear.

heartgasm
7th September 2009, 06:53 PM

Most yoga teachers, kundalini yoga teachers etc., have never raised it themselves. They only know what they've been told about it or read about it, probably by someone who only read about it etc.

In my experience, if you're taking it too far the signs will be there well before a full kundalini event.

Depends.....

iadnon
7th September 2009, 08:50 PM
Robert Bruce talks in detail about energy work and kundalini raising, and in his words that's a natural process that takes place in a certain pace (normally slow) and in several stages, from the lowest to its fullest.

Dangers? Crossing a street is potentially dangerous too.

Ready for that? Who knows. I'd dare if live gave me that chance.

The main point of the thread was if that technique is of value to attain the old serpent's awakening.

ButterflyWoman
7th September 2009, 11:00 PM
Robert Bruce talks in detail about energy work and kundalini raising, and in his words that's a natural process that takes place in a certain pace (normally slow) and in several stages, from the lowest to its fullest.

He also has some pretty strong things to say about trying to raise Kundalini before you're ready for it. Just saying.

heartgasm
8th September 2009, 05:29 AM

The main point of the thread was if that technique is of value to attain the old serpent's awakening.

Anything is possible. It is totally possible(and has happened) to awaken and raise kundalini simply through normal meditation. I would say just as likely, if not more, than the technique described here. Proper meditation is a better idea for a number of reasons. It might not sound exotic, but good meditation practice will be far more effective than any other technique aside from that prescribed by a realized guru. Get a teacher if you're serious about it, make sure you believe this teacher is the real thing, make sure you feel unconditional love from this person. A guru can work with you specifically and help you progress MUCH MUCH faster. It is the difference between dropping off your car at a place you picked out of the phone book and living with a mechanic who specializes in your make/model/year.

Beekeeper
8th September 2009, 08:53 AM
[quote:1fumza6o]Beekeeper wrote:

Most yoga teachers, kundalini yoga teachers etc., have never raised it themselves. They only know what they've been told about it or read about it, probably by someone who only read about it etc.

In my experience, if you're taking it too far the signs will be there well before a full kundalini event.
[/quote:1fumza6o]

Look, I'm not going to argue with you but I am talking from experience. There is a sequence to breathing techniques and some of it is practical. There can be physical damage as breathing techniques impact the nervous system and some people won't use sense as they go off ambitiously in pursuit of some mind-blowing experience. Meh, it's their well-being, they can please themselves. What hurts some may not hurt others and youthful arrogance is part of the hero archetype and has its place in human progress, I guess. As a teacher one has a duty of care. I wouldn't risk hurting my students and therefore would err on the side of conservatism.

This is what we're taught. While I don't believe everything I'm told and I understand that all the yogic traditions aren't in total agreement over various aspects of yoga practice, I do respect those who have done things longer than I have or knowledge gained through long traditions, especially when it corresponds to my own experiences. I have less respect for individuals when I am unaware of their actual experiences and credentials. My teacher is over 70 and has practiced since his youth. His teacher was raised in an ashram.

I agree that there are yoga teachers who haven't fully raised kundalini or who have raised it so gently that they don't really know much about the adverse effects, other than what they've been told.

andonitxo

Yes, it has value, as do other methods that don't necessarily suit everyone (such a meditation,abdominal lifting and pumping and asana practice). Chances are that you won't run into serious problems. It could take a while.

Timotheus
8th September 2009, 03:10 PM
:D

heartgasm
8th September 2009, 04:35 PM
Look, I'm not going to argue with you but I am talking from experience. There is a sequence to breathing techniques and some of it is practical. There can be physical damage as breathing techniques impact the nervous system and some people won't use sense as they go off ambitiously in pursuit of some mind-blowing experience. Meh, it's their well-being, they can please themselves. What hurts some may not hurt others and youthful arrogance is part of the hero archetype and has its place in human progress, I guess. As a teacher one has a duty of care. I wouldn't risk hurting my students and therefore would err on the side of conservatism.

I didn't disagree with you and I am not now, I merely wished to illustrate that maybe .05% of "kundalini yoga teachers" know anything about it beyond the physical level.

Beekeeper
9th September 2009, 06:25 AM
.05% ? :lol: Maybe. :wink:

Tom
9th September 2009, 03:05 PM
Unless you agree that there is more to working with your emotions (and thinking) than making them go away, you may have some difficulty working with Kundalini because She tends to amplify everything.

heartgasm
9th September 2009, 04:03 PM
Unless you agree that there is more to working with your emotions (and thinking) than making them go away, you may have some difficulty working with Kundalini because She tends to amplify everything.

My story about what kundalini does is that she reorganizes the "I" at, what most people would feel is warp speed. Your preconceived notion of reality and your idea of "me" will be taken away, it can be the easiest or the hardest thing in the world. Its all about letting go. If you feel that you like yourself and you seriously feel like you're ready to die, it will be a lot easier. But everything is just a story Tom. Emotions, thoughts, presidents, this and that: all just a story. We are infatuated with words and reality is beyond them and everything else we know.

Timotheus
10th September 2009, 12:34 AM
:roll:

CFTraveler
10th September 2009, 01:51 AM
my two cents. not offered in counter to anyone's offering. merely to exchange experience from a lay pov.
You have had the experience, and that's what's important.

Timotheus
10th September 2009, 03:43 PM

heartgasm
10th September 2009, 04:20 PM
but, beyond the sheer theft of all one thought they were, it is ok to pick it up again. yet, personal does take on a whole new wonder, kinda like when we was just kids takin it in before ever a thought was aroused.

I am interested as to what you mean by "its ok to pick it up again"? Theft doesn't sound right to me, my true self was returned to me, but it was still a very viscerally traumatic experience which left me with nervous system damage.

having learned that subjective judgement had worked against the objective of growth, one sees clearly to discern the finer essense of say, even lust or envy or jealosy...etc. being human is ok, within such bounds as allows others their timely boundaries.

why? because we humans are in the image of spirit, and in that image is et all. it's just that one needs to under-stand humanous, and from there, experience ourselves bi-dimensionally, so as to resolve the dualistic superficialities that are so proved to have been in error to growth.

Do What Thou Wilt. Its all love no matter what.

one sees to rest in the essential emotion and see it for what it is, from there respond accordingly, approaching more and more to inaction.

the process would, at first, lay a person down, stripped bare of the old behaviors. thus, it is like learning to walk again, to run, even to fly within soaring upon thoughts to higher planes; while unmoving in the noticable physicality.

Most definitely. Sometimes the stripping down process kills bodies.

kundalini for myself has not been an "ok it's over" process. it has been like "ok, i've landed on a temporary bottom till such time I have under-stood".

This wasn't my experience. Not only has it never been what I would call "over", there was never a temporary bottom, nor was there a descent. There was a very intense "ascent" and when I saw THAT, that was the last time I saw me(in the sense of the ego). Kundalini can go slower with people, even though I dare say they wouldn't call it slow, or She can just rip your head off, but its definitely not up to you. If She goes slow with you, She goes slow with you.

it is hard to write impersonally on this here 'net'. most folks are very personal, as if with there minds they are going to grow mind. mind is mindset, and has no need nor want of growth. it is the self which grows, if one may extracate one's self from thinking to do anything. it is the process which is in control, and is best handled by not handling, for the mind handles.

I love your personal "vibe", I think you come off as a very sweet and gentle person Tim, which are indispensable virtues in my opinion. Personally, my idea of the true self is something that cannot grow. What I am is beyond words and there was never a time when I was not here, I am beyond birth and death or any other dualities. What I am is not subject to more or less, I am you as much as I am me. My mind experiences, grows, learns, realizes, but I transcend all of this as changeless and timeless. Once my mind did not know this and I identified with something very temporary, but I was always God.

This is all just another story though.

Thanks for sharing Tim. I appreciate you in this thread.

Palehorse Redivivus
10th September 2009, 05:19 PM
Just thought I'd drop a link in that I've found extremely helpful, for anyone interested...

http://biologyofkundalini.com/

Tons of info, and a good synthesis of eastern / western "flavor." It gets the three thumbs up. :P

iadnon
10th September 2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the link, Pale. I read about it time ago, so it'll be good to go over the main points again.

Timotheus
11th September 2009, 12:24 AM

ButterflyWoman
11th September 2009, 12:31 AM
http://www.nor.com.au/community/spiritu ... age10.html (http://www.nor.com.au/community/spiritualemergence/page10.html)

That's quite interesting, too.