PDA

View Full Version : Why you should listen to The Beatles

ButterflyWoman
7th September 2009, 10:56 AM
Timothy Leary declared that the Beatles were "Prototypes of evolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species".

So listen to the Beatles. It's good for your evolution. ;)

EDIT: Thought I'd add that I actually meant this post as a bit of a joke. I mean, do listen to the Beatles, because, well, they're the Beatles, but I wouldn't put too much faith in Timothy Leary or in the music of the Beatles to create a new human species. :P

boris
8th September 2009, 08:30 PM
a new race of 'laughing freemen' i believe it was. they were so special, like they had to happen to the human race.

'the love you take is equal to the love you make' brings me near to tears when i hear that one.

i_am_beth
11th September 2009, 01:40 PM
It would be an interesting exercise for members of this forum to take a look into the ethers and see what John Lennon would have done if he had not been shot. Do you see him entering politics as several other entertainers have done? What would be his accomplishments?

boris
14th September 2009, 02:33 PM
He would be producing cheese synth disco ballads and wearing shellsuits, thats why he died when he did, John Lennon was never meant to see the 80's.

ButterflyWoman
14th September 2009, 03:04 PM
I suppose he'd still be banging on about peace and love and probably these days he'd be talking about the environment and global warming, as well. I rather doubt he would have come up with any real solutions, though. His idea of "bringing about world peace" was to stay in bed for days! :P

Neil Templar
14th September 2009, 04:13 PM
i've already posted this but i think i'll pop it in here, it seems only right...

enjoy, Lennon lovers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR0V6s3NKk

beam
18th September 2009, 03:22 AM
Timothy Leary declared that the Beatles were "Prototypes of evolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species".

like 'indigo children.'