PDA

View Full Version : uneasy feeling with the relaxation cd

sleepingbeauty
7th September 2009, 07:16 PM
I've just received the "journeys out of the body" cd set and thought I might as well write the sensations I've just had 5 minutes ago. I registered for the PAPI course. I haven't started yet but we're allowed to already use the relaxation cd. I thought that I was going to use the cd for taming the mind and do some energy work. Well, first of all, I find it impossible not to think of anything, as much as I was quite good at it while following the MAP course, I just feel too uneasy (not relaxed enough but not scared as such) with this one not to think of anything. I was sitting there and started to feel numb, it used to take me quite a long time to achieve this, but I got it within 3 minutes. I then tried to relax and do some energy raising but I soon started to feel really wierd, I had the impression I was rotating backwards then forward then rocking from side to side. This time (it's the second time I'm listening to it), I had that impression that I was moving upwards and/or forward, the feeling itself is really nice. I then got flashes of light but not as bright as those I get when I do the energy work, followed by a feeling I just cannot explain, it's like feeling very light, expanding, yet I was still aware of the room and my own sizes. my eyes were flickering like mad, and I got very uneasy when I started to feel "something" (it doesn't feel like hands) touching one side of my hair/face. On one hand I was dying for bob to say that it was the end but on the other, I was excited that I could get in trance so easily. has anyone had that "uneasy" feeling and that infernal internal chat using this cd ?
I've got another question, some people claim they are being possessed by an (astral) entity. Can an entity take the opportunity that a novice is trying to obe to "possess" him/her ?

CFTraveler
8th September 2009, 01:08 AM
I had that uneasy feeling the first time I listened to the JOOB CD, but the feeling passed as soon as I got used to the 'echoey' aspect of it. It gave me the impression of 'rotational' aspect to it, whatever that means.
The symptoms you describe are normal, and I don't think it's a problem, unless it persists.
I have felt the 'hands' phenomenon, and it could be explained many ways, including tactile memory surfacing. BTW, I have had that happen without listening to binaurals too, so I don't think it's a side effect of the CD itself (although it could be)- I think it's more a side-effect of your going into trance so quickly.

Btw, you cannot get possessed from trying to project- that is an old wive's tale stemming from the old-fashioned (and false) belief that when you leave the body you leave it empty, that your 'soul' has 'left the building'. This never happens, the only way your soul would leave your body completely would be through dying, so it's not something to worry about.
When you project a lot, you will eventually experience bilocation, and realize(and consciously experience) you never completely leave, you simply expand your energy, but it always includes your body, and your consciousness splits and reintegrates as you reenter. So no worries about that.

sleepingbeauty
8th September 2009, 01:47 PM
you're completely right, it's due to the fact that I got in trance sooo fast, yet I was not relaxed because I lost control of my body. I can't believe that binaural beats can have such an effect. I really wonder what's going to happen when I'll start the condition 3 or 4 cd's !
It was so wierd because as he was counting from one to 10, I could feel my feet and hands becoming numb in no time. I'll try again tonight, I hope I won't get addicted to it ! and I hope that the effects won't fade with the repeated use of the cd.