PDA

View Full Version : shaktipat initiation

Fusgas
10th September 2009, 11:53 AM
Hi all,
I've been doing some basic reading about shaktipat initiation and other kinds of initiations performed by 'Spiritual Masters', and after only 5 minutes of web surfing I have already found half a dozen websites claiming that their 'Master' can do it (for a fee, that is). Does anyone know any legitimate Guru's who can do it? Is it even real? Are Gurus a spiritual student's necessity?
Thanks

ButterflyWoman
10th September 2009, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know any legitimate Guru's who can do it?
Probably there are a few. I doubt they're advertising, though.

Are Gurus a spiritual student's necessity?
Depends on who you ask. I've never had a guru, or even, particularly, a mentor of any kind. I've always been solitary, and I still am.

Mind you, it damn near killed me (seriously; the spontaneous Kundalini awakening was catastrophic, by most definitions of that word), and if I'd had someone around who actually had a clue what was happening to me and had been able to offer some advice, I might have had an easier time of it, but, ultimately, spiritual growth and awakening is like giving birth. It's something you really pretty much do on your own, although the guidance and possible assistance of experienced people can help (and possibly avert disaster).

Tom
10th September 2009, 02:35 PM
When it works it works. When it doesn't work it doesn't work. The important thing isn't the ritual; it is forming a connection with the person who will help you and being open to receiving that help. Being qualified to give Initiation means that they should be able to be open enough on their side even if they don't really like you very much. A good teacher has the job of going through and pushing all those emotional and mental triggers that will put you on auto-pilot behavior, until those triggers no longer work because you have enough awareness to choose a different path. Some are better at finding them than others. It can take years of observation to get at the deepest ones. A few minutes by e-mail or over the internet with a complete stranger is something else. You will have to do almost all of the work on your own still, but you will be given a bit of energy to work with. The effects can last years, but the energy itself will only really be there for a fairly short time and it is up to you to redouble your efforts to make the most of it during that time.

CFTraveler
10th September 2009, 03:27 PM
(to the OP): I've had a shaktipat initiation and it didn't cause Kundalini, so I don't know what to tell you.

Tom
10th September 2009, 04:36 PM
When I received Shaktipat it took me several years to decide it had worked - and lots of "second opinions" from people who didn't know each other.

CFTraveler
10th September 2009, 08:26 PM
As you know, Tom, :wink: it's only been less than a year since I got my Shaktipat, so the jury is out as to what's going to happen.

Tom
10th September 2009, 10:34 PM
It doesn't tend to be as helpful when your Kundalini is already active.

vibronaut
28th October 2009, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know any legitimate Guru's who can do it?

I do...here's someone who gives internet Shaktipat though a Yahoo Group over a period of a week, every solstice and equinox. For safety reasons, what you receive by this method is modulated by a "scatterfield" so is proportional to what you put in. The group name is "Kundalini Awakening Systems 1".

http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/chrism.html