PDA

View Full Version : Do affirmations work for negative spirits and thought forms?

josh437781
14th September 2009, 09:56 PM
Once when I was under attack and had nothing but affirmations to help myself, a negitive spirit that was attatched to me started to use some affirmations of its own. The same thing, but with added visual imagry is happening while a thought form is currently attatched to me. This leaves me wondering if affirmations and creative visualization can be used successfully as countermeasures by negitive spirits and thought forms.

CFTraveler
14th September 2009, 10:09 PM
There is one main reason why affirmations work, and it's this: We are cocreators with God, (there are other ways to say this but I will put it as simply as I can), therefore what we believe goes a long way into setting in motion the conditions for our lives. It's simple, but it's not, because we are bombarded with ideology from infancy that teaches us that we are not, and even if we do not grow up to believe this, whatever propaganda we've been exposed to becomes embedded in our subconscious and filters out what we can and cannot do, within the system we have created.

The reason affirmations work is because when we use them we reprogram our subconscious with ideas that may be contrary to what we have been taught, and this gives us the ability to change the circumstances we are experiencing. So a lot of variables are at play here- what our early programming is, what we are able to change, and what we are not.

When it comes to negs, you have to look at what their nature is, and what their role in your life is. Do they exploit a flaw in your thinking/belief that is negated by changing your programming? In this case, they should help.

A thought form is even easier, because they are mostly self-created, and finding out what made you create it will do the trick. If created by someoene else, then just dealing with that other person in a constructive way may just be enough to undo the thoughtform, since it's not an independent entity. If not, you should know you are safe just by knowing you are a cocreator with God and in charge of your destiny.

If the neg is attacking you because of some valid reason (you wanted to suffer this experience as part of your incarnation), the trick would be to find out what possible use to you this is and close the loophole- because even if you chose this, doesn't mean that you always have to suffer this- chances are you have already learned whatever you felt you needed to learn from this and are ready to learn something else, via joy or love, for example.

So technically they should always help, as long as they're supposed to.

DAN
16th September 2009, 04:05 AM
If the neg is attacking you because of some valid reason (you wanted to suffer this experience as part of your incarnation)
I never thought i'd see you say that :cry:

CFTraveler
16th September 2009, 01:13 PM
Read the whole post- in context-especially the rest of the sentence.

Timotheus
16th September 2009, 04:02 PM
:D

DAN
16th September 2009, 06:12 PM
If the neg is attacking you because of some valid reason (you wanted to suffer this experience as part of your incarnation), the trick would be to find out what possible use to you this is and close the loophole- because even if you chose this, doesn't mean that you always have to suffer this- chances are you have already learned whatever you felt you needed to learn from this and are ready to learn something else, via joy or love, for example.

I missed the IF

So you do or don't believe in this?

DAN
16th September 2009, 06:22 PM
If the neg is attacking you because of some valid reason (you wanted to suffer this experience as part of your incarnation)

I never thought i'd see you say that :cry:

yet DAN, isn't it refreshing to see higher understaning stating the obvious so often ignored :P through external blame. :P
Ditto 8)

I've watched many new-agers use this explanation on victims, and most have paid a hefty price. But maybe that was there deal to experince for incarnating. What comes around goes around comes to mind :wink:

CFTraveler
16th September 2009, 08:53 PM

I missed the IF

So you do or don't believe in this? I don't have a 'belief' attached to this.
Let me tell you of things that have happened to me that would fall into this context, instead of getting into semantics:
A long time ago, I had the kind of 'faith' you have when you are young and have been raised in a specific religion. So of course 'life after death' was a given. Then a friend of mine died. This happened at the same time as my great-grandmother died- you could say it was not a good year for me in the sense of pain, but it was a growing time.
So eventually, the thing happened to me that happens to people when they are confronted with death for the first time: I began to doubt, and because of my age the thought of losing a loved one 'forever' was intolerable for me. I wanted to know there was life after death, for sure, and I didn't care how the message came. I wanted to experience angels and demons, whatever- as long as the message came from the other side, I didn't care- I wanted to know.
I sat up nights, waiting for 'something' to happen. I sat in dark rooms, I dared unspeakable things to come through. I had no fear, because I had desperation. Desperation is a bad thing to have, it makes you wish for things you just shouldn't- you wish for a lot of wrong things when you're young, because you think nothing is worse than not knowing.
Now, Dan, you know why I came into the forum for the first time- we've been through this before- I was having some neg problems that appeared to come out of the blue- but actually didn't.
I was lucky to get some good advice and they 'went away'- but the point is, don't you think that my young stupidity could have invited something- and perhaps did- who knows? The thing is, if I hadn't had the bad experiences, I wouldn't be here right now telling people not to be afraid- so I see what happened in the past as 'valid'- because it was part of my growth. Maybe I didn't 'deserve it' in regular terms- but I think you know what I mean when I say what I said.

Anyway, the answer was contextual to the question- if something is a thoughtform you have created to have the experience, to get rid of it you have to realize it, and change the ideas that led you to create it in the first place, because if you don't, you'll continue to create it until you get your belief system together.

Palehorse Redivivus
16th September 2009, 10:02 PM
I've watched many new-agers use this explanation on victims, and most have paid a hefty price. But maybe that was there deal to experince for incarnating. What comes around goes around comes to mind

I think this may be a case of "there is no silver bullet for all situations at all times." I say this as someone who has had "taking personal responsibility" work well at some times for resolving neg interference, and not others, for the same me. ;)

I've swung to an "extreme" on this issue; once I figured out that interference was taking place, I got really "rawr" about eradicating all trace of victim mentality in myself, taking responsibility for everything that was happening, take command of the situation, etc. And, like I said, it was effective in many cases. At this point though I've swung back toward a more moderate position -- which is to say that I can't take responsibility for the wills and actions of other beings, both physical and nonphysical. Or, I can, but it doesn't change the fact that they're still making choices that effect my experience in ways I don't condone, could not forsee and had no way to prevent. There came a point at which thinking I was, in any sense, personally responsible for what was happening, got to be a bit of a joke, and no longer the source of empowerment it was in other cases.

I would say that there are many instances where we either create or contribute to situations where we're being antagonized, and how we're contributing is not always easy to figure out. I'd also say there are some cases where "existing" seems to be provocation enough for some people and entities, and that's not really something that can be helped, only countered. Just a sometimes unfortunate side effect of living in a Free Will Zone with a rather diverse cast of characters.

Anyway! As to the orginal question... my thought is that affirmations work on YOU, your vibration, your own system. If raising your vibration, and the subconscious repatterning effect of affirmations is enough to repel what's bugging you, then it will. A thoughtform is not sentient and has no real will or intentions other than reacting to its own programming, so in that case, affirmations will probably be enough. An exception would be well designed and elaborately programmed etheric implants, which I know of no other way to get rid of than manual removal. I know they can be "eroded" by (possibly unknowingly) working on the issue they're targetting, but that takes a *long* time, and tends to leave remnants that I'm not sure will completely dissolve.

If you've got something sentient, with its own will, intentions and agenda though, with affirmations you're basically setting a rule that others may opt to break, and may simply be able to override coercively, in which case further countermeasures would probably be a good idea. Affirmations seem to be most effective when you've already got a strong will and a strong sense that when you make a powerful statement of intent, it WILL be carried out. I use statements of intent a lot, and am generally pleased by the way my defenses hold up at this point -- but every now and then some arse still decides to plow through them, possibly just because it can. That's relatively rare, but it still goes to show that you can't account for everybody.

I'm thinking specifically though of cases where someone whose morale and sense of personal power has already been worn down by long term interference, and there simply isn't that sense of being in command of the proceedings. In that case IMO it's more important to create an actual buffer, via countermeasures, so one can have a safe space in which to recover and develop the will, without it being dogpiled and overwhelmed by more interference than it can reasonably expect to stand up to at that time.

Just my $.72. :P

CFTraveler
16th September 2009, 10:36 PM
I want to clarify something- when I first replied to the question, I read 'thought forms', not negative spirits- which would be a whole different ballgame.
That's why there are all kinds of countermeasures in this forum, for the ones that are not thoughtforms, for the ones that are sentient in one way or another. And then, what may work for an elemental neg, may not work for a 'higher' neg, and a human spirit would be in a whole other field, not even park.

DAN
17th September 2009, 12:19 AM
I'll never have a problem with you CF :wink:

But you know me too, when i see guilt directed at a victim, (what i think anyway) i'll bring it to the surface. Most people that dish guilt can't handle it thrown back at them. It's always good for a few fireworks :mrgreen:

If this thought form is that of the negative spirit, it's not going to be easy. But affirmations are a good start, anything that helps undo the suggestion that the neg is feeding into the subconscious.

By the way i'm no longer a voice hearer :D My neg is toast

CFTraveler
17th September 2009, 01:47 AM
By the way i'm no longer a voice hearer My neg is toast.
Awesome.
One of these days I'd like for you to write something up describing how you got rid of it.

CFTraveler
17th September 2009, 01:51 AM
ps. for DAN
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/celebrity-pictures-bruce-campbell-zombie-killa.jpg
From another Bruce Campbell fan.