PDA

View Full Version : Energy body bent

andyvalery
16th September 2009, 05:22 AM
Hello

I've been having a problem drawing energy through my torso - every time I try to visualise it moving through my spine and over the front of my torso, it tends to shift to my right side. In addition, when I close my eyes and become aware of my body, I feel like my energy body is bent back and toward the right (as if I looked like Joseph Merrick aka 'The Elephant Man'), but when I open my eyes, I can see, and for the most part feel, that I am straight.

Is there an underlying energy problem, or is my left side just not developed?

Thanks, guys.

Sorry, my English is choppy today.

CFTraveler
16th September 2009, 01:11 PM
Are you right handed or left handed?

andyvalery
17th September 2009, 04:27 AM
I'm right-handed. I'm right-everything as far as I know. :P

However, during college I developed a habit of holding drinks in my left hand to avoid offering a cold, clammy hand-shake.

Should I start paying more general attention to my left-side?

CFTraveler
17th September 2009, 01:35 PM
I think so, in a 'general flow' way.

Neil Templar
17th September 2009, 01:38 PM
also, i read recently about people bending in certain ways due to some sort of blockage in their aura/energy body.
i'll find it when i get home tonight... i'll be back.. :wink:

Neil Templar
18th September 2009, 11:13 AM
yeah, in HANDS OF LIGHT by BARBARA ANN BRENNAN there's a pic of a guy who's been using drugs like LSD for years, and has developed a "blob" of dark energy in his aura by the side of his head, which seemingly has "weight" and makes him hold his head to the side to balance it.

also, Don Juan, of Carlos Castaneda's books says that using power plants too much distorts the energy body.

i'm not sure if this is in any way related to what's being discussed here, and i'm certainly not implying anything about the OP.
just getting back with what i mentioned in the post earlier.

andyvalery
20th September 2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks, CF, i'll continue focusing on my left side a little more during exercises.

Neil, I do smoke occasionally, perhaps this is the cause of the problem. I might give it a break if I intend to commit myself to this energy work. Thanks.

By the by, if this is the case, is it reversible? Was the patient described in Brennan's book rehabilitated?

Neil Templar
20th September 2009, 02:38 PM
Neil, I do smoke occasionally, perhaps this is the cause of the problem. I might give it a break if I intend to commit myself to this energy work. Thanks.

By the by, if this is the case, is it reversible? Was the patient described in Brennan's book rehabilitated?
yep. in the book she mentions that fasting and a change of diet, along with some healing sessions, got the energy back to a harmonious level

CFTraveler
20th September 2009, 05:58 PM
I believe that anything energy-related is reversible, unless it's a side-effect of a physical problem, then the physical problem (such as quitting smoking) must be addressed so that working with energy will make it 'stay' fixed, so to speak.

andyvalery
24th September 2009, 10:01 AM
So be it.

Thanks for the quick replies.

One last question: should I continue energy work, focusing on my left side, or give it a break and concentrate on being healthy? (Does the energy body 'reset' given time [and assuming good health] ? ).

Neil Templar
24th September 2009, 10:05 AM
So be it.

Thanks for the quick replies.

One last question: should I continue energy work, focusing on my left side, or give it a break and concentrate on being healthy? (Does the energy body 'reset' given time [and assuming good health] ? ).

i'm not experienced enough about energy work, but being healthy, whether practicing energy work or not, is always a good idea.
i don't have the healthiest of lifestyles myself, but i do notice that every time i make an effort to live more healthy - cut out alcohol, eat less meat, exercise more, that sort of thing, i seem to be rewarded with another small bit of progress in my metaphysical endeavors.
makes it all seem worthwhile. 8)

CFTraveler
24th September 2009, 01:32 PM
They're not mutually exclusive. Do what feels right for you.