PDA

View Full Version : A mirror being broken... However many lives bad luck

Neil Templar
17th September 2009, 10:54 PM
So this is something I just thought of..
Apparently some part of our energy is available to reflections and photos of us.
So, as far as I can imagine, if our reflection is captured in a mirror, then it is subject to whatever powers are available....
So,
if we break a mirror, whatever is in the mirror at the time,the energy is lost at the time.

Neil Templar
17th September 2009, 11:04 PM
I don't actually remember writing this.
hmmm... :?

CFTraveler
17th September 2009, 11:41 PM
:?
Energy can't be created or destroyed- only transformed.
Interesting... :|

Neil Templar
18th September 2009, 10:59 AM
wow, that was wierd last night.
i had that thought, posted it, then a few minutes later came back and couldn't remember posting.. hmmm... :? (i was drinking beer with friends last night :roll: )
but anyway, what i was thinking about is the old superstition about breaking a mirror bringing 7 years bad luck.
i was wondering how that could be possible.
i had the thought that simply breaking a mirror couldn't be anything more than an object breaking.
but, if a person is actually looking into the mirror at the time, and a reflection of self is smashed into many pieces, could that have some sort of harmful effect on the self?
i know that sounds a bit crazy, but IIRC i remember reading about projecting into a mirror while OOB(the way you can project into a picture) and experiencing everything backwards -ie, a reflection of the room the projector just came from. almost as if an energetic reflection has been created and experienced.
so, if when we look into a mirror we are actually projecting/creating a reflection of ourselves in the mirror, and it gets smashed, does something happen to that part of the self?

do you get what i mean?
as always i find it hard to use these word things to describe what i'm thinking.. :roll:

CFTraveler
18th September 2009, 01:47 PM
Well, here's what I think:
First of all, I have projected into mirrors before, and didn't get thrown into a 'reverse world'. I don't doubt that it could happen, but I have my suspicions of why, and it doesn't have anything to do with the environment itself, but of the percipient's subconscious projection- just like going through a door gets you to an astral environment. So right away I don't think that one thing automatically produces that effect, unless you expect it to.
However, it is my opinion that if you do break a mirror and see your reflection fragment, it definitely can affect how your subconscious perceives you, and it can affect you, because your subconscious is the filter that your conscious mind always goes to to decide what 'can' and 'can't' happen, so I see how that can affect you.
I think the term 'seven years' of bad luck is a symbol, probably derived from biblical symbology (in the bible seven years or the number seven is used to symbolize something specific, and atm I can't remember what the exact meaning is-Divinity?) but in modern times we have come to think of it as 'lucky seven', so of course the mirror thing would reverse that. So I'd almost bet that this is the origin of the myth, I'm sure it can be researched.

So anyway, that was my two cents.

Timotheus
18th September 2009, 03:36 PM
:D

Neil Templar
18th September 2009, 05:32 PM
indeed Tim.

in fact, this thread brings to mind a concept i read about in one of the Toltec books i have.
that our perception of reality can be described as - well, imagine a mirrored disco-ball. except the mirrors are on the inside. and in the centre is your point of awareness. you create and then project your reality onto those mirrors, and what is seen/experienced/lived, is the returning reflection.

Timotheus
21st September 2009, 04:20 PM
:D

watrinh
21st September 2009, 06:06 PM
Well, here's what I think:
First of all, I have projected into mirrors before, and didn't get thrown into a 'reverse world'. I don't doubt that it could happen, but I have my suspicions of why, and it doesn't have anything to do with the environment itself, but of the percipient's subconscious projection- just like going through a door gets you to an astral environment. So right away I don't think that one thing automatically produces that effect, unless you expect it to.
However, it is my opinion that if you do break a mirror and see your reflection fragment, it definitely can affect how your subconscious perceives you, and it can affect you, because your subconscious is the filter that your conscious mind always goes to to decide what 'can' and 'can't' happen, so I see how that can affect you.
I think the term 'seven years' of bad luck is a symbol, probably derived from biblical symbology (in the bible seven years or the number seven is used to symbolize something specific, and atm I can't remember what the exact meaning is-Divinity?) but in modern times we have come to think of it as 'lucky seven', so of course the mirror thing would reverse that. So I'd almost bet that this is the origin of the myth, I'm sure it can be researched.

So anyway, that was my two cents.

CFT, what was the mirror world like to you? I've been inside of it before. Not that I wanted to be, but because I was pushed in. For me it was like a void of infinite space, where there was no light. In this respect, the absence I refer to is similar to walking into a room in the middle of the night as opposed to evil vs good.

CFTraveler
21st September 2009, 06:48 PM
CFT, what was the mirror world like to you? I've been inside of it before. Not that I wanted to be, but because I was pushed in. For me it was like a void of infinite space, where there was no light. In this respect, the absence I refer to is similar to walking into a room in the middle of the night as opposed to evil vs good.That's the thing- that for me there was no mirror world. I simply went very far away (to Scandinavia, IIRC.) At the time I thought I'd gone to a 'mirror world', but later I found out that what I saw there actually happened, in Scandinavia. I found out almost by accident, when I was researching something else.
My point is that a mirror may bring you to a mirror world, but it may not- it may just bounce you to a very far away RTZ environment, a place you probably wouldn't be able to go straight up-at least it did for me.
I think it may also bring you to the future- but that remains to be seen. I haven't verified it yet.