PDA

View Full Version : kundalini spikes versus chakra strobing

workinprogress
30th January 2006, 07:02 PM
First off to the moderators:

I know there is a seperate forum for kundalini discussion -- but as I've just joined and haven't posted the requisite number of posts I'm not eligible to post there yet. And this does begin in the energy area, so I'm posting the question here -- hopefully that's ok with you.

Now to my question(s):
I know Robert has spoken of what he calls kundalini spikes, which I think is the same thing that he calls chakra strobing, but I'm not positive of this point.

From my understanding of what he's written over the years, there are several phases to raising kundalini. The first obviously is energy body developement. But during the course of energy body development, he has stated that a chakra will reach maximum capacity and then strobe, or release its energy upwards. This event can be uncomfortable to painful and can involve a number of 'side effects' (like flashes of light in the 3rd eye).

Then there is the actual raising of kundalini (snake like sensation twisting up the spine to the crown of the head).

He then calls the aftermath the post-kundalini. This stage involves dealing with and assimilating the experience itself as well as the multitude of changes that occur as a result of the experience.

If I understand this correctly, I have a few questions regarding the chakra strobes:

Are these strobes basically a release of accumulated or excess energy which can't currently be stored by the chakra at the present time? If so, then logic would follow that continued energy work ultimately increases the energy capacity of each chakra, right?

Can you form any conclusions on energy development from these strobes? In other words, could they be a sign that you are pulling too much energy in to a certain chakra? Or are they more like growing pains. Where no matter how much energy you pull into a chakra over any amount of time, at some point you reach critical mass and it needs to be released. It could be sooner or later, but will eventually happen and thus cannot be avoided?

Do all of the chakras strobe, or is it only the base/root chakra? I have had what I believe to be these chakra strobes, but they only occur in the root chakra. I was wondering if other chakras also strobe. And if so, is the strobing a progression or is it done only by energy accumulation? So if muladhara/root strobes up, at some point will svadistana/sacral strobe up as well? Does the energy it strobes/releases then go and 'fill up' the next chakra or does it simply disperse through all of them or through the body or what? Is it possible to control this strobing? In other words can you direct the energy that is being released? I haven't personally tried this, but the energy is so intense, I'm not sure that I could if I did try.

I'm assuming that a kundalini spike is like a chakra strobe, except that it only occurs in muladhara/root, is that correct? If so, what is the difference, if any, between a chakra strobe and kundalini spike, assuming we are only speaking of the base/root chakra?

I have read in only one book, something that made sense to me regarding kundalini. It stated that there needs to be repeated attempts at raising kundalini. In the author's view it is possible to raise kundalini only up to manipura or other chakras and not have it rise all the way to the crown. The author states that with repeated effort, kundalini will eventually rise all the way. RB only uses kundalini rising when referencing the full rise (up to crown). But he has used the term kundalini spikes for energy surges that rise only to certain chakras.

If I were to try and 'marry' these two concepts, they seem to say the same thing. Which is kundalini is not a one time deal. It requires repeated efforts and will have staggered results. Meaning kundalini will not necessarily go all the way to the crown on the first attempt, although it may. It also may only go to the navel or throat center. But with repeated efforts, it eventually rises all the way to the crown. So what RB calls kundalini spikes would actually be a 'gradual' raising of kundalini itself as it works through the chakras. Although I must admit that the strobe/energy surges I've experienced I wouldn't really call 'gradual'. :shock: They are definately intense.

With all of that said, does anyone have any experience with these chakra strobes? If so, do they have any insight into what they are, where the energy goes and how they relate if at all to kundalini?

Thanks!

Aunt Clair
1st February 2006, 01:12 PM
Robert has spoken of what he calls kundalini spikes, which I think is the same thing that he calls chakra strobing....
I do not believe that these terms are generally synonymous .I feel that "chakra strobing" is a natural progression of energy which may or may not be felt as subsequent layers of light and energy imbibe the chakral column and is a term used to describe the energy transference from one "overloaded " or perhaps "full "chakra to another in a sort of domino effect . Whereas ,the term kundalini spike seems used much more loosely to mean any sort of jabbing sensations that occur throughout the body which are thought to be in association with kundalini and may not be in the chakras but may be in the neck or back for example . But more correctly should probably be limited in its use to what Robert Bruce describes as a sensation in the root .

Edit: I asked Robert Bruce about this today . He says the kundalini spike
comes from the root upwards . The kundalini spike is a partial raising . You will find people use this term to include jabs of energy in the neck or back as the kundalini rises .Robert feels that the term kundalini is used much too loosely for many types of energy and is commonly confused with raising energy through the primary circuit .He also expanded on the chakra strobing and instructed that the heart chakra also strobes .

Are these strobes basically a release of accumulated or excess energy which can't currently be stored by the chakra at the present time?
yes

If so, then logic would follow that continued energy work ultimately increases the energy capacity of each chakra, right?
yes to a certain degree but then the nature of the chakra changes

In other words, could they be a sign that you are pulling too much energy in to a certain chakra?
Yes that could be so but I also feel that strobing can be quite natural .

energy you pull into a chakra ... reaches critical mass and it needs to be released. ... thus cannot be avoided?
Yes the chakras will strobe and distribute energy to nearby chakras
until they are no longer able to sustain the amount of energy flowing into them and then the chakras will develop naturally into larger energy centres and become integral with the tan tien system .There are three tan tiens when we are born and these will touch off the development of new tan tiens after advanced alchemy has occurred.

Do all of the chakras strobe, or is it only the base/root chakra ? Chakras may strobe from the crown down or from the root up
the strobing may be felt intimately or may seem an insignificant effect .

...if so, is the strobing a progression or is it done only by energy accumulation?
Both , it is part of the natural progression and occurs when energy is accumulated as a sort of spillover which may be gentle and indiscernable or may be felt intrinsically or powerfully .

Does the energy it strobes/releases then go and 'fill up' the next chakra or does it simply disperse through all of them or through the body or what?
to adjacent chakras which are above and below as the flow is dual in nature but tends to go one way at a time knowing its course like a river but also like a river which when flooded overflows its banks

Is it possible to control this strobing?
...to facilitate , observe it and to mediate it , yes
We can delay our progression for example and we all do this too well for numerous and sundry reasons we can also substantially increase the speed of our development and so this will affect the rise and fall of energy within our energy body .

In other words can you direct the energy that is being released?
yes it is possible to control the rise and fall of energy but this is a skill which is not easily attained .

I'm assuming that a kundalini spike is like a chakra strobe, except that it only occurs in muladhara/root, is that correct?
no

have any insight into what they are, where the energy goes and how they relate if at all to kundalini?
There are many flames of kundalini . There are primarily four main flames and there are innumerable nadis . The four main flames are the pale yellow sun which rises after all chakras are fully activated in the chakral column . Then the next flame falls this is the platinum blue moon which fills the chakral column again nesting over the layer of the sun . A third pink flame rises and this begins advanced alchemical changes in the energy body . The last primary flame falls and the adept at this point can learn to raise the kundalini energy through control of will , discipline , breath and pranic knots .

The chakral column is imbibed with many layers of light with each subsequent nesting of the subtle energy bodies and with each kundalini flame that passes through the chakral column . The path is continuous and natural.

Thanks!
You are welcome .