PDA

View Full Version : questions about astral dynamics 1st and 2nd editions

Jonathan2525
21st September 2009, 08:20 AM
Hello all,

I've already pre-ordered the second edition of Astral Dynamics and I am waiting for it to get to me. I remember that Robert mentioned that the 1st edition of Astral Dynamics would be made into an eBook; does anybody know when this will happen? Also, anybody read yet the 2nd Ed, if so what did you think? The AD website says that it's not just and update but a complete rewriting and I can see from the amazon info that the book is a full 168 pages shorter than the original. I hope RB didn't cut too much out.

BTW, I'm surprised I haven't see much of a buzz about this book in these forums. I thought there would have been announcements placed on all the subforums etc.

CFTraveler
21st September 2009, 02:02 PM
Robert usually does those types of announcements, and I have it on good authority that he was very busy this weekend.
:wink:

Tom
21st September 2009, 02:48 PM
My copy of the new version arrived in the mail over the weekend. I plan to have it read by the end of next weekend.

Blaze
22nd September 2009, 01:38 AM
My copy of the new version arrived in the mail over the weekend. I plan to have it read by the end of next weekend.

Cool Tom. When you're done, please give us your impressions on it.

Jonathan2525
22nd September 2009, 01:54 AM
Hey,

Just got my copy this morning. I've been skimming it but I haven't settle down yet for a long read; I'll do that tonight. Let me mention that although the book is thinner than the previous version it is also longer and wider so that compensates for thickness somewhat. The artwork from Energy Work has been included in the energy work section; I presume with the updated material as well. According to the preface by RB, he and his publisher decided to create this 10 anniversary edition at the beginning of this year, I'm surprised it took such a short time.

I second Blaze's request for impressions on this work.

CFTraveler
22nd September 2009, 01:24 PM
Looks like we have three reviewers now.

Celeborn
2nd October 2009, 01:47 AM
I too am finding that I could use a little persuasion to buy this book, since I already own the first edition. What will I get for my twenty dollars that I could not get by just doing another read through of my old copy? I own and have loved all of Mr. Bruce's books so far, I just want to make sure that this is a better way to spend my money than picking up a copy of Mindfulness in Plain English, which is also sitting in my shopping cart.

I am a little disappointed that Robert Bruce did not really answer this question in the Ask Robert Bruce section, on his website, or in his blog.

I am looking forward to those reviews. :)

Tom
2nd October 2009, 02:21 AM
You mean this Mindfulness in Plain English? http://www.scribd.com/doc/16596041/Mindfulness-in-Plain-English

Having bought both versions, I can tell you already that there is enough new material in Astral Dynamics that I am happy about having bought it. Even the material which is not new exactly is presented in a way that keeps it interesting.

Celeborn
2nd October 2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the link! I guess I will pick up the new Astral Dynamics and just hand off my old copy to a friend.

JoSac
14th October 2009, 07:50 PM
I just received my copy (2 days early!!) and am waiting to read it with my girlfriend. She don't believe in this stuff but hopefully this book will change that.

But um.. The structure of the book seems much better, and I would recomend it, although I just skimmed through it.

JS

boris
19th October 2009, 04:24 PM
just ordered mine :mrgreen:

JoSac
20th October 2009, 12:55 PM
Actually its pretty much the same thing. I've only run into 1 bit of new info so far and I'm on page 40 something.

Still good though.

JS