PDA

View Full Version : expanding cloud of drops,is that a safe kundalini awakening?

radiation_of_fear
21st September 2009, 01:07 PM
Hello everybody,

I want to share some exepriences that I suspect are related to kundalini awakening. Any input is very welcome!

A few week agos, I felt in emotionnal distress, I was lying in bed trying to relax, with quite no success.
After a while I fall asleep. I was quite in a dream state, but there was something unusual. I first thought
"the wind blows strong this night, is there going to be a storm or what?". Then I really thought that the roof was collapsing because
the sound was so strong. At that time it all felt as if the sound was *outside* of me. The next day, I asked my mother
if she had heard the sound, but nothing. I dismissed it as being a dream. I was probably half asleep, though I couldn't label it as "dream" or "real".
Maybe it was my mind converting the emottionnal distress in something more acceptable ...
Then I completely forgot that event.

Some week later, i was trying to relax at work (I'm quite sensistive to stress). I first practiced consciousness rotation, as with
"yoga nidra", an exercise I was tought a few year ago during a yoga course (me trying to do yoga was related to my poor stress handling in general). My body felt relaxed,
but emotionnally, I felt "tense", so to speak. I thought that perhaps I could do the same with the "emotionnal part" of me ? I started imagining my mind relaxing, expanding a bit.
It felt better.

Some day later, as I was going to sleep, I started to do pranayama breathing, this usually helps me when I have difficulties
falling asleep. After a while, I almost forgot of the breathing, and felt quite good. I thought, "I could try that relaxing thing I did at work?"
I don't know why, but I felt that I should imagine myself as a cloud of drops expanding. I felt more relaxed indeed.
However, something I didn't expect happened : I begin to hear some kind of "static" electromagnetic kind of noise that was *very* loud.
I had never felt such intensity in my entire life!
When it happened I was not feeling my body anymore. I was quite surprised but felt no real fear, strangely.
The sound slowly begun to fade away.

Some day later I thought that it was quite like the night where I thought that the roof was collapsing, but this time there was no doubt that
the sound was inside me.

I had hear about kundalini before, but I became curious about that sound thing. As I searched the internet, I read that it may be
a kundalini awakening. However I also read that I may lead to auto combustion if done inavertedly (all chakras opened at once). What do you guys think of it ?
Thiking about an expanding cloud seem to fit quite well with that description (every chakras opening at once).
Should I continue to investigate that ? Or do you think it may be dangerous ? I admit that it awakened my curiosity...

Beside of that I have another story to tellA few year ago I practiced meditation quite regularly.
On night, I had a strange dream that was not a dream, really. I "awakened" with a strong pulse in my head (2-3 hz I would say).
I had no awareness of my surrounding, I was just in a black void. I was seeing a very complex structure. It was made of yellow light.
The structure was like a spiral, but with many other tiny spirals starting from it, and so one (like a tree or some hierarchical stuff).
The best comparison I can think of is the human blood system as seen in anatomy book. The shape was not human, but all anchored on the big main spiral.
It seemed vibrant with energy. I felt an "incentive" (I heard no voice, but more a sense of knowing) to observe the effect of my emotions on that thing, so to speak.
Positive emotion like love created a beautiful regular structure. Hate or anger distorted it (the spiral of energy was not continuous anymore, it was becoming greyish, and disjointed in many tiny dots,
distorted like the picture on TV when reception is not good).
The pulse in the head (well I was almost not conscious of my body, but I was sure it was there) was there during the while experience.
When I awakened I had tear in my eyes...
Anyone had a similar experience ?

CFTraveler
21st September 2009, 02:13 PM
All the symptoms that you describe sound like preprojection symptoms, not necessarily kundalini. Of course, any kind of energy development can be considered as prekundalini, since it can lead to a kundalini awakening/raising. But I don't think you're in that stage yet.

Anyway, what I think happened, (especially if you practice Yoga Nidra) is that you are experiencing astral noise (which are preprojection symptoms), and experienced your chakra activity getting ready for separation.
I also think your last experience was a projection to the 'void', so I think you'd be well advised to read the topics in the OBE research and discussions subforum, especially the stickied topic entitled "Your First Conscious Projection". You may see many of your symptoms described in one way or another.

radiation_of_fear
21st September 2009, 02:34 PM
Thank you very much for the quick answer :)
I will search those topics in the subforum you indicated.
As I understand, practices such as those I decribed do not seem harmful to you ? I don't want to go mad or burn or something unpleasant like that ... :D
Initially I begun them to get a better life quality, though I heard about astral projection and related matter before (but did not experiend one myself, that was not not my goal, but would be nice apparently, if it can get me answer to some existential questions ...!).

CFTraveler
21st September 2009, 02:56 PM
Thank you very much for the quick answer :) You're welcome.

As I understand, practices such as those I decribed do not seem harmful to you ? I don't want to go mad or burn or something unpleasant like that ... :D What you described sound like 'awareness expanding' exercises, and the only danger I see is danger to your mind, if you tend to be unstable. (Some people, especially young, may be) if there is a tendency to psychosis. But if you can get a handle on experiencing different realities and be able to maintain your hold on physical reality, I see no danger.

Initially I begun them to get a better life quality, though I heard about astral projection and related matter before (but did not experiend one myself, that was not not my goal, but would be nice apparently, if it can get me answer to some existential questions ...!). Frankly, I'm not sure that AP will answer any existential questions, it may though give you more options to consider.... :)