PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to dissolve time?

watrinh
24th September 2009, 06:56 AM
So there are many writings that speak of the dissolution of time when they speak of ascension. What exactly is the dissolution of time and how does one achieve it?

I have some ideas, but I'm not sure if they're right.

ButterflyWoman
24th September 2009, 07:33 AM
Okay, personal experience only here. Take it for what it's worth (which may be nothing at all ;)).

I've "been to" a place where there was no time. It was some sort of OBE, many, many years ago (long before I had any clue about OBE or even meditation). The experience had many factors, but one of them was the absolute absence of time. It just didn't exist. I was very much aware of its absence, and I was very much aware that in a timeless environment, a moment is eternity and vice versa. I haven't had anything like that since, but the experience of it is something that will never leave me.

The other thing I can say about time is that it's related to space (well, gee, Einstein knew that much ;)). Space kind of collapsed on me a while back, meaning that I can "see through" the construct of space (so long as I'm not busy being mired down in my dreamstate ego persona). Just yesterday, I experienced the collapse of time, as well, and I could perceive how time and space work together to form the holographic "virtual space" in which shared reality appears to take place. I'm sorry I can't explain it better than that, but there really are no words for it.

I will tell you that it kind of did my head in, because the more I "looked", the more things there were "happening" all at the same time, and it's infinite. I couldn't maintain the state for very long, to be honest. I expect that with time and practice I'll be able to "see" it for longer.

For me, these things are just a matter of shifting perspective. It's like changing the focus on a camera, I guess you might say. Unfortunately, I can't always do it purely at will because it's easy to get "stuck" in one perspective or another (the ego-self perspective is the most distracting and the most difficult to get out of, for me).

As for HOW to do it... I don't have an answer. This stuff is all spontaneous for me, at least from my material perspective. :? I just offered these personal experiences for the sake of... well, it's more or less on topic and maybe it might serve as a pointer of some sort for someone. Or something. :)

watrinh
25th September 2009, 03:09 PM
Hmm... I always thought that one of the keys to dissolving time is zazen meditation. I would assume doing this while you are in a lucid dream would bring you to a dissolved time state of being.

Zazen is essentially a meditation where you become totally thoughtless. My theory is that all thoughts create a bind to time, since if there was a thought present within you, you are clinging either to the past or to the future. I cannot perceive any one thought that manifests in my mind to be of the now. Even if you are claiming to be perceiving how you are feeling emotionally at the moment (ex I currently feel happy), this is a mere reflection of your recollections of your emotions that is very much close to "now," but is not "now." Additionally, if you are attempting to portray how you are at the moment, you must "recall" how you are feeling, which means this is something of the past and not the present.

Essentially, if there is no thought there is no ego, and therefore no clinging to the past or future. Since the ego is dissolved if there is no thought, time should begin to dissolve.

Timotheus
25th September 2009, 04:20 PM
:shock:

ButterflyWoman
26th September 2009, 04:26 AM
Zazen is essentially a meditation where you become totally thoughtless.
I do that. Lately (in the last year or so) it's been happening spontaneously, when I'm entirely awake. Just pure cessation of thought. Really interesting sensation. However, when it happens (at least when I'm awake) I don't have the sensation of timelessness. Sometimes in meditation I do have the sense of there being no time, but it's always only where my particular focus is at that moment.

Essentially, if there is no thought there is no ego, and therefore no clinging to the past or future. Since the ego is dissolved if there is no thought, time should begin to dissolve.
Maybe. Perhaps the state of no-thought has contributed to my perception of no-time. I'm sure it also has to do with no-space, however. Space and time certainly appear to be linked.

Paul H.
11th October 2009, 01:38 PM
I thought that a primary goal of astral projection or an out-of-physical-body experience is to step into eternity where one experiences the other dimensions outside of the timeline where one currently resides. Haven't authors or other people made statements that the astral dimension is "timeless" or outside of time in respect to the reference of time that one is currently experiencing in the physical dimension?

I've had some interesting astral projection or lucid dream experiences where I seemed to be stepping into eternity and visiting worlds where 21st century Earth is the distant past. It seems to me that people are bound to or trapped within the current time of the physical world. Thus, the physical world may simply be a grand illusion or a contrived reality from which one must strive to become free.

CFTraveler
11th October 2009, 06:01 PM
I thought that a primary goal of astral projection or an out-of-physical-body experience is to step into eternity where one experiences the other dimensions outside of the timeline where one currently resides. Haven't authors or other people made statements that the astral dimension is "timeless" or outside of time in respect to the reference of time that one is currently experiencing in the physical dimension? I think this may be the intention of some, but I also think that once you project your consciousness and explore all the ways you can exist (that you're able to, obviously) you come to the conclusion that time and space do indeed exist in the astral, it's just either perceived differently or different in nature than what we call time here in the physical plane.
Now, modern physics has revealed that time is not a 'thing', it's a measurement of changes in physical reality, and that is apparent in some regions of the astral. Now this may be a purely perceptual mechanism, but then so is everything we experience, be in projection or a dream. So I think we need to revise what we mean when we speak of 'illusion' and 'existence'.

I've had some interesting astral projection or lucid dream experiences where I seemed to be stepping into eternity and visiting worlds where 21st century Earth is the distant past. This is what I mean. If you have a perception of existence, of something being perceptible, and if there is change in any structure, you can measure it by saying 'the last time I was here it looked like 'this'- and that's what time is.

It seems to me that people are bound to or trapped within the current time of the physical world. Thus, the physical world may simply be a grand illusion or a contrived reality from which one must strive to become free. Or redefine what we mean by it. Because in the physical world, and in some regions of the astral, change happens. And that, IMO, is what time is- our perception of that change in any perceptible object or of space itself.

Rayson
27th December 2009, 03:47 AM
CaterpillarWoman wrote:

The other thing I can say about time is that it's related to space (well, gee, Einstein knew that much ). Space kind of collapsed on me a while back, meaning that I can "see through" the construct of space

I know these things can be exceedingly hard to describe- but any chance you could describe what you see/how you see it when you "see through the construct of space"? This fascinates me, and part of my personal path tends to involve being able to take on different "viewpoints". While I've done some work within the dimension of time, I'm not sure I've ever experienced what you seem to be describing.

Any light you can shed would be very appreciated! (-:

ButterflyWoman
29th December 2009, 09:32 AM
I know these things can be exceedingly hard to describe- but any chance you could describe what you see/how you see it when you "see through the construct of space"?
Uhhmm..... It's kind of like ... uhh... have to use a metaphor. It's sort of like seeing an object (any sort of object) and ALSO seeing the "zeroes and ones" that make it up. Uhm... source code, sort of. And when you look at the source code, you can see that it's not actually a "real thing" but only a constructed, virtual one.

Sorry. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. As noted, it's very difficult to describe.

watrinh
29th December 2009, 01:50 PM
in my experience, when you fall into a deep deep sleep...
and in the sleep, you say things that don't make sense, but while you're in that state it makes perfect sense.
and you can find no logic based on what you said.
that is when time has begun to dissolve.

based on what CaterpillarWoman wrote, the source code as I see it exists in a very white lightish state when you first begin to enter.

Rayson
29th December 2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for those replies- I'll have to play around with it later!!

ButterflyWoman
30th December 2009, 03:28 AM
I'm currently working on manipulating the source code. I've had numerous dreams and other signs that this is entirely possible and that I can do it. I just haven't quite worked out yet how to do it effectively and consistently.

Reality hacking... what a concept.... :P

watrinh
30th December 2009, 03:31 AM
I'm currently working on manipulating the source code. I've had numerous dreams and other signs that this is entirely possible and that I can do it. I just haven't quite worked out yet how to do it effectively and consistently.

Reality hacking... what a concept.... :P

i believe this is similar to training dream control?

ButterflyWoman
30th December 2009, 03:43 AM
i believe this is similar to training dream control?
I think the concept is similar. With "reality" (which, in my experience and perception is just a kind of dream), you can become lucid and learn how to manipulate the environment/events, just as you can in a sleeping dream.

Rayson
30th December 2009, 06:42 AM
Can I ask what outcomes you would look to produce based on your manipulations of this source code? I don't mean tell me details specific to your life, but what factors/influences/components of life you are thinking this can work at?

(-:

ButterflyWoman
30th December 2009, 07:19 AM
Can I ask what outcomes you would look to produce based on your manipulations of this source code?
I don't know yet. I was thinking increased financial abundance would be a fun thing to experience. I'm also thinking that healing (myself and possibly others) is something that should be pretty do-able.