PDA

View Full Version : A question about chakras and compromised energy

Beekeeper
31st January 2006, 08:31 AM
On a gnostic site, students are informed that egos deplete energy in the centres where the egos are fed. Thus, sexual energy is brought up from the base chakra to energise chakras higher up on the body. The energy at this root chakra is said to be the most powerful and superior to the energy in the other centres. A lack of energy there is said to lead to lust. Lust then contaminates new energy drawn to that centre. Also, energy pulled back from the higher centres is supposed to be contaminated.

Is this correct?

oath
31st January 2006, 11:29 AM
Possible at least? Sounds more like speculation to me, as one might think lack of energy/starvation in/of root chakra would make the root chakra respond by wanting 'It's fill'.

It is also possible, I believe, to completely shut off or completely decrease a chakras power in a way, so that one may not desire sex. Totally unhealthy though. I would just stick to balance as much as possible.

One more thing, I have a hard time understanding ego but I have seen it clearly enough when the solar plexus chakra is overdeveloped, I imagine this could apply to any overdeveloped chakra, so again balance please :wink:

Tom
31st January 2006, 03:33 PM
Wherever that gnostic site was, I'd suggest avoiding it. Seriously.

Beekeeper
1st February 2006, 07:42 AM
Tom, could you elaborate?

Tom
1st February 2006, 03:42 PM
I will if you will.

Beekeeper
1st February 2006, 09:14 PM
[quote]
Wherever that gnostic site was, I'd suggest avoiding it. Seriously.

Bad experience?

Tom
1st February 2006, 09:20 PM
It is just that your original post at the beginning of this thread doesn't even make sense and the advice you are asking about is meaningless.

Beekeeper
2nd February 2006, 07:18 AM
Okay.

Tom
2nd February 2006, 04:06 PM
Have you considered using NEW, either in the tutorials online or in the book "Astral Dynamics"? Robert Bruce is a very good author and he gives complete information for working with the primary chakras.

Matthew
2nd February 2006, 06:09 PM
On a gnostic site, students are informed that egos deplete energy in the centres where the egos are fed.
I know it's because I was raised by Freudian psychotheraphists, but I'm a purist about the term "ego." The ego is the conscious manifestation of personality and is a result of sense impressions "outside reality" impinging on the unconscious "id." Many new age or eastern sources misinterpret the ego to mean the neurotic complexes that warp the ego through constant manipulation of defense mechanisms. I believe this site has fallen into this trap. The ego does not deplete energy- it is energy- the end result of the manifestation of the unconscious into consciousness. However, neurotic complexes do deplete energy from the chakras. This could be what they mean.

Thus, sexual energy is brought up from the base chakra to energise chakras higher up on the body.
I would not recommend this practice. Sexual energy or jing chi can be raised to the lower tan tien (navel storage area) to be converted into energy which can then be raised to the chakras. Find a good chi kung teacher in your area for this. I would not raise sexual energy directly to other chakras. (Also, the base chakra does not produce "sexual" energy.)

The energy at this root chakra is said to be the most powerful and superior to the energy in the other centres. A lack of energy there is said to lead to lust. Lust then contaminates new energy drawn to that centre. Err...the root chakra does indeed contain a powerful energy but it is far from superior. In fact, I would submit that it is less refined than the energetic level of the "higher" chakras from my experience. Anyway, I have never experienced "lust" as a result of the root chakra....usually it's from second chakra activity.

Also, energy pulled back from the higher centres is supposed to be contaminated.
Why would you want to pull energy down from the higher chakras to the root chakra? Yeah, it will be "contaminated" as it loses the vibration of the higher chakra. This seems so totally counter-productive.

Beekeeper,
I would be very wary of info coming from this site. What site was this? I would like to check it out for myself before saying that the misinformation is actually malicious in intent, but...man...this is pretty topsy-turvy stuff.

Be careful,
Matthew

PS- I'm with Tom, try Bruce's NEW techniques and experience your chakras first-hand.

star
2nd February 2006, 06:41 PM
Why would you want to pull energy down from the higher chakras to the root chakra? Yeah, it will be "contaminated" as it loses the vibration of the higher chakra. This seems so totally counter-productive.

I would like to know more about that, if you could give some more specifics? I have heard of using energy pulled down through the crown to raise Kundalini. I belive the site was Kundalini-Teacher.com

I have never heard of enrgy worsenign as it is pulled down through the body before. I thought that would be good for the rest of the chakras. I'm not very advacned though, so I can only speculate like this.

Matthew
2nd February 2006, 06:59 PM
I would like to know more about that, if you could give some more specifics? I have heard of using energy pulled down through the crown to raise Kundalini. I belive the site was Kundalini-Teacher.com

I have never heard of enrgy worsenign as it is pulled down through the body before. I thought that would be good for the rest of the chakras. I'm not very advacned though, so I can only speculate like this.

Yes, I have worked with systems that pull down cosmic energy. (I'm thinking specifically of the Cosmic Healing system I learned under Mantak Chia and his healing tao system...great guy.) This energy can in essence be "stepped-down" as it goes from the crown to the root. However, this "gnostic" site suggests that energy from higher centers should be sent to the root chakra; there is no mention of any higher energy being brought into the system through the crown first. It's one thing if you are assimilating external energy- quite another if it is your own energy. Also, in my experience, there was no need to consciously step this energy down. I believe it is a natural process that happens whenever there is an influx of energy.
Star, I am always wary of sites that offer advice on kundalini. There is very little useful info out there and much is counter-productive. Be wary of their claims.

-Matthew

Tom
2nd February 2006, 08:10 PM
A good reason to take energy from the upper chakras to the lower chakras would be manifestation. The upper chakras are more open and full of possibility than the lower chakras, but when it comes to making a choice and picking a direction it is often necessary to step it down into the more physical lower chakras.

Beekeeper
2nd February 2006, 09:21 PM
Thank you,

You've all confirmed that I was suspecting. The site is Gnosticweb and the information comes off their video tutorials which you work through progressively. There's much delaying of information in this process to keep you "hanging in", I guess.

Tom, I have been using NEW and I tend to be the subversive on the the Gnostic forum who subtly redirects people to RB's info. :wink:

Matthew, I studied psychology at university and so I struggled with the use of the term ego too. I think maybe "id impulses" might be a better term! They recommend the complete elimination of the "egos" but endlessly delay how this is achieved. So, being the resourceful type, I put the term "elimination of egos" into my search engine and there are dozens of hits, many of which are clearly about why this is not desirable. So, there's a whole other side to investigate. (They have frequently cautioned me about the manifestation of ego in my desire to know intellectually rather than experientially. Sadly, I'm not proficient in the astral so all I can do is rely on the information of those who are.)

They don't recommend the pulling down of energy from other centres. They say that the depleted energy in these centres robs the "superior" energy from the root chakra. This then tries to regain energy and draws back the compromised energy from the higher centres. They don't teach energy raising. They advocate complete consciousness and elimination of ego as a way to preserve/increase energy.

They say it takes 30-40 years to raise the kundalini.

I will finish their tutorials with an open mind (I'm a compulsive finisher :roll:) but I certainly won't limit myself to them.

Tom
2nd February 2006, 10:32 PM
Do you really want anything to do with this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belzebuub

CFTraveler
3rd February 2006, 01:37 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't do anything a guy called Belzebuub would tell me to... but that's all those years of Catholic upbringing. But anyway- usually in new age/metaphysical circles the term ego is used to mean something somewhat different than the psychological ego meaning. Not even Id would cover it, although it is closer to the 'new age/metaphysical' meaning. (Can we say na/m?) For example, in A Course in Miracles. the whole 'fall from grace' thing is described is as the human condition believing that we are separate from God (thus eternity) but it is an illusion, since God-based reality is based on eternity, not on limitation- so what they call 'ego' is the mechanism that places reality in limitation- the belief that the limited reality is the 'real' reality- and it does it via fear. If you believe that you can end, die, lose, etc, you feel fear. So the ego is the agency that delivers that fear- which can be expressed as hate, and all the negative emotions, including self-serving love. So the ego is similar to the psychological ego in that it helps you to exist in 'limited' (physical reality) but is in charge of making you suffer via 'baser' emotions- more like the Id in this case.
I don't know if this cleared anything up-
For the ACIM followers- sorry if I messed up any of the main ideas in my attempt to condense the topic-
And, for the psychology majors- sorry about my simplified descriptions of Ego/Id and all those fun terms- It's been a while since psych 101. A long while!

Beekeeper
3rd February 2006, 07:14 AM
You know guys, I got started on that site because it offered courses in AP. Their techniques are viable even if their spirituality is naive if not downright suspect.

As for "Beezlebub," they give some explanation of how he was brought over to the light. Yadda yadda. I think it's some guy who has called himself Beezlebub because someone convinced him of something. Whatever.

Actually, strangely, I remember meeting him in a new age shop when he was Neville Nobody. (I recognise him because he reminds me of someone I knew- who was a bit of a devil, come to think of it.) Anyway, he offered to read my cards but I got the distinct impression he was "crackin' on" so I declined.

CF, I was raised Catholic too. I teach in a Catholic High School (English mostly, so I'm not too disturbed by words having multiple or evolving meanings.) I went to mass six times a week in my primary school years because my working parents used it as a kind of before school care (and Sunday was obligatory). I know who the Big B is.

I'm still learning about a lot of the things mentioned on this site but I'm not a total nong. 8)

Cheers all and thanks for responding to my post.

(Postscript for CF. I remember, as a kid, having a problem with the whole fall from grace myth- before they taught us Evolution. I always wondered why an all-knowing,prescient, omniscient God would let the serpent into the garden to tempt those two innocents.)_

CFTraveler
3rd February 2006, 02:08 PM
Well, you can have a laugh if you ever read one of the Gnostic Gospels (can't remember which one.) In it Jesus tells the apostles how Yahweh and Yaldabaoth were anti-gods with each other and Yahweh was the one who told Adam to eat the apple, and Yaldabaoth didn't want him to, and when he did it was the other one that got mad and made him human. They kind of turn it around to show that Yahweh wanted us to have knowledge of good and evil-very interesting indeed. (And the book of Enoch talks about Lilith being Adam's first wife, and she did something wrong and gave birth to demons, so she was thrown out of the garden and then they made Eve for him, so she was his second wife.) It's all interesting stuff which shows the mentality of the times of the people writing it.
Lucky for me, we got taught evolution in catholic school, the priests we had were open minded about that and we got to read from Teillhard De Chardin (I prob. messed up his name).

Beekeeper
3rd February 2006, 08:15 PM
That is interesting CF.

That Lilith! You can't trust us women!

star
3rd February 2006, 08:55 PM
And maybe people who name themselves Beezulbubba?

Beekeeper
4th February 2006, 04:41 AM
It's looking that way, isn't it? :wink:

CFTraveler
4th February 2006, 06:45 PM
And maybe people who name themselves Beezulbubba?
*Rolling on the floor laughing hysterically*

Christian
4th February 2006, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't say its about eliminating the ego, I would say it's about transforming the ego into something more loving and beautiful.

Beekeeper
4th February 2006, 09:21 PM
That sounds like sense to me Christian.

5th February 2006, 05:24 AM
Hey, if God gave Adam a second wife, then why are Catholics against divorce? :D I sound like Jerry Seinfeld!!! A new career...I'll be a stand-up comedian! 8)

Beekeeper
5th February 2006, 07:08 AM
Then you'd be Painterhypnofunnygirl!

Matthew
6th February 2006, 02:20 PM
We catholics don't believe in Lilith....probably because we never see her at communion :wink:

Beekeeper
6th February 2006, 08:47 PM
You're a funny lot! :lol:

Shirley
6th February 2006, 11:05 PM
That belzebuub book seams to lead the "astral projection books" ranking on amazon.com ...followed by RB books... weird name...but it sells
So what's the best book of astral projection? I need a good one to help me having an OOBE.

7th February 2006, 02:20 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belzebuub

eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's one ugly bug!

Beekeeper
7th February 2006, 07:50 AM
Shirley,

It's short and straightforward and the techniques work. The explanations, however, seem more superstitious and less rational than Robert Bruce's approach. For example, astral noise is said to be the sound of your "egos" (faults that must be eliminated like fear, hatred, lust) rather than auditory hallucination.

It's probably highly-ranked because they don't tend to give away written information for free like RB (unless it's the PDF files on the writings of Samael Aun Weor, which you can draw your own judgements about if you care to have a look). People who enrol in their on-line courses end up buying the book so they have a written summary. I daresay, some buy it because they don't want to enrol in the online courses.

Their forums do not allow the posting of other sites and they tend to present themselves as possessing a monopoly on the "true" esoteric knowledge. The moderators stick very strongly to the party-line (including such statements as "If you tell people your dreams the masters will punish you by withdrawing dreams for a time- power of suggestion perhaps. At least that's one we can verify for ourselves)

They don't teach energy raising, which I think is a serious deficit in their approach. I've also watched people on the course forums become progressively convinced of their sinfulness (for want of a better word). I think they take their failure to project as a sign of this. This annoys me a lot and I believe it becomes a hinderance to projection.

Now, I'm prepared to be wrong on this, but I have SERIOUS DOUBTS about this one too: they say that the only unforgivable act is adultery. "Adultery" is defined as having sex with two people within the space of a year, even if it's not concurrently. This is because it mixes the sacred sexual energies. Such karma must be worked off. It doesn't matter the circumstances of such an act (e.g rape, paedophilia). If your partner commits adultery and then has sex with you, you incur the karma too. It doesn't matter if you are aware of or ignorant of this rule.

For everyone else,

Now you've got me thinking about the possibility that Beezlebubba is evil, I'm a little nervous about some of the mantras I've chanted in good faith in the past. I'm not prone to nightmares but I did have a bit of a run when I was chanting them.

Tom
7th February 2006, 03:21 PM
The mantras may be borrowed from other traditions. Maybe you could post them and someone will be able to tell you where they originally came from, so you can go back to a different source for them.

Beekeeper
7th February 2006, 08:57 PM
Sure,

La Ra S

Egypto (eeeehiiiiptoooo)

Fa Ra On

Tai Re Re Re Re Re

Cheers

CFTraveler
7th February 2006, 09:12 PM
Well, right off the bat, without a clue of what y'all are talking about I can tell you this:

E gyp to is spanish for Egypt
La Ra S- the Ra part is the egyptian god of the sun (aka Re, Ra is the spanish pronunciation.)

Fa Ra On -spanish for pharaoh

Tai Re re re (that one I don't know) Good luck with that! :roll:

Shirley
13th February 2006, 01:17 PM
I have another question. I've read in a book that activating and opening the chakras is very different.
So...when we pull energy and feel that pulsing ball inside of us it is only active? What's necessary to open it then? And what's the consequences of doing so? I read somewhere that if you open a chakra, it will bleed energy?? (sounds dangerous)
I also read that the number of open/awakened chakras through the kundalini is proportional to your lower self evolution.
Thanks =))