PDA

View Full Version : Making Movie about Afterlife

outofbodydude
30th September 2009, 05:23 PM
I recently finished writing a screenplay which I am now going to film as a short movie.

It is about a guy who believes he is going crazy. He doesn't know where he is, how he got there, everyone he tries to ask for help seems to be in their own universe, giving him off the wall responses(of a deep philosophical/metaphysical nature) which make no sense to him, and he is being followed by a evil being, among other things. He is given clues as to the true nature of his situation, or rather, how to discover it for him self, from "friends." In a dramatic scene he realizes he is actually dead. It is now up to him to rid himself of this demon before it is too late- as he is sinking deeper and more permanently into a living hell.

It can be best described as a psychological mystery I suppose. The movie is basically a platform for me to share my beliefs about the nature of reality with the audience.

I recently upgraded my studio with a new HD camcorder and professional-line video editing and special effects software, so hopefully the quality of the movie will turn out pretty decent. I am casting my friends as the actors- o boy! We'll see how that turns out :lol:.

I start filming next week. Hopefully it will be completed by December. I'm posting it on YouTube and other video hosting websites, so I'll share the link when it's up!

Waneta
30th September 2009, 06:22 PM
Wow, quite a project, and I hope it goes well for you! It sounds quite interesting, so do share the link when you are through - it sounds like something I will actually wait for youtube to load and be excited about (^_^) And may your friends find it as fun and interesting as you do, as well!

Thanks for sharing in the meanwhile!

Beekeeper
1st October 2009, 06:05 AM
Good luck, OBDude! :D